Still plenty of football to play and points to earn

Magic magpie

So there are still a lot of points to earn this season ,75 in total with 25 games still to be played .All is not lost. 

Neal Ardley looks like he could turn this around for the magpies. He has helped afc Wimbledon survive and then helped to promotion. 

Whether Neal will let players leave in January and bring in players he feels will fit in well in with his plans and the current squad. 

With Ross Fitzsimmons showing signs of improvement  with signs of last season starting to show again. 

Jamie Turley proving he is a rock in defence and having an understanding with Fitzsimmons has played through the pain barrier with his ribs and eye. He is proving to be gold dust and hopefully he will receive a contract extension. 

I think right now we are in a good position a positive view of my view of course we can still survive and finishing In a good position with out the great escape. 

What about you guys and girls what do you think?

@samwatto2008  Bang on with that I think you just beat me to posting similar points really , lots of points to contest and hopefully a little wheeler dealing in January and improved performance levels by a good few we can then hopefully keep our league status , but it would be hugely complacent to think we are to big to go down we most certainly are not as you say , coyp fight the fight 

It just takes a few results, Notts does seem capable of drawing but holding onto a lead seems doubtful.

As I say one or two wins could turn things around, it's the fitness and confidence that I would focus on. Training and tactics can generally work with effort, if the players put themselves really devoted it would make a huge difference I feel.

We’ve got to stop pumping the ball long from the keeper; we lose possession every time and the opposition use it as a springboard for attack. There were signs in the last 2 games that this is being addressed and I am sure Neil Ardley will sort out many issues.

this may be contentious but although Fitz has improved of late and made some decent saves I still think he is far from good enough. He is a decent shot stopper but he does not command the area or come for crosses and his distribution is poor.

If the team played to its potential and as a team we could securely finish mid table.

The damage seems done, I think Notts will struggle to get wins and it's going to be one of those seasons we rely on the final day of the season to know our fate. I am not confident with all due respect to Neal Ardley, I think Harry Kewell has sunk Notts and it's going to be difficult to fight.

Archived