Does this make Womens football a farce?

samwatto2008

Womens football isn't the most popular sport lets be honest. But does this do the sport much justice when things like this is happening. At the end of the video you hear him talk about a potential signing and the GM says "Is dad going to pay for this one then". I mean ... Imagine sticking an 18 year old kid in charge of a professional team that is in charge of the success, transfers, money and daily tasks of running a football club. Quite funny really.

it would never happen in the mens game, i see it as a bit of a gimmick and a promotional appointment by what media interest it gets. i have no idea on his skills as a manager but hes doing something many could only dream to do.

good luck to him.

I don't see the issue.

I do feel there's a valid point about the publicity but perhaps he knows the game quite well? I can't knock an 18-year-old for having talked a club into hiring him and it's a brilliant opportunity to do something he enjoys. I didn't watch the video, however I assume it speaks about how he found the job and what his thoughts are. By time he's 40, maybe he would have managed the England ladies to glory?

That would almost guarantee his legacy.

I am not sure why it would be a farce? The only negative for me is if he wasn't given time to fully learn and then they used the inexperience as a means to fire him. Otherwise it would be nothing more than a publicity stunt but he seems to be living the dream.

Good luck to him.

I would love to manage a football club but I don't think I would be good at it, he seems to understand football and in a few years he might come into the mens game through this time as a manager.

Archived