Transfer window says a lot about the "other" players still here

Piethagoram

Perhaps, when we are perceived to be losing 30k a week, we have players on comfortable contracts, not willing to move?

Rumours that Hewitt was interesting Salford City (Husin likewise with Orient) ; (though such a move could still take place, as EFL to National League. transfer and loans can still be allowed.

Duffy Brisley and Jones may also be pigeon holed , perhaps waiting for contracts to be paid up or to be loaned to Vanarama clubs?

Couldn't agree more and would be surprised if we see any of them on the pitch again barring injuries to others. They are probably thinking that if they drop down to the Vanarama on loan then that is where they are most likely going to end up in the future. 

They will need forcing out by being totally dropped from the match day squads and dumped to train with the kids. I will be surprised to see any of the above play again with the possible exception of Jones.

2 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

I would also add that Vaughan and Milsom  may also be deemed surplus to requirements

Vaughan definitely. Bet he's on a big wedge and does not deserve it. 

Milsom is a crab, but we've just paid a fee for him to sign him permanently (thanks Kewell), so can't see him being offloaded. 

I don't think the fact certain players are here means anything in truth, rumours are rumours and unless a club states they are chasing a player they usually don't happen. I mean Salford didn't even acknowledge the Hewitt rumours to my knowledge, usually teams play coy but they haven't seemed very interested.

2 hours ago, super_pie said:

Why didn't we sell or release duffy

nobody would buy duffy.

there is nothing wrong with vaughan, hes just not on the same wavelength as the slow and idle sods around him. some fans are too small minded to see that.

So the ones who departed are "bad eggs" and the ones who "remain" nobody wants.

Just as a thought, what makes people think the club might not be prepared to allow certain players to leave regardless of the fans views? The constant point scoring with Notts fans is really pi**ing me off.

On 01/02/2019 at 12:11, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Those I wouldn't mind seeing the back of:

- Fitzsimons 
- Hewitt
- Duffy
- Brisley
- Jones
- Evina
- Dennis
- Vaughan
- Milsom
- Oxlade-Chamberlain 
- Elliott Ward

Not exactly a short list, and no doubt we will still be using/needing some of them come the end of the season. 

I would keep Evina, Jones and Vaughan. Improve the right side which is the biggest weakness the squad has.

Strength the CB's, then inject both pace and height next season.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/neal-ardley-talks-future-notts-2528293

On 01/02/2019 at 12:11, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Those I wouldn't mind seeing the back of:

- Fitzsimons 
- Hewitt
- Duffy
- Brisley
- Jones
- Evina
- Dennis
- Vaughan
- Milsom
- Oxlade-Chamberlain 
- Elliott Ward

Not exactly a short list, and no doubt we will still be using/needing some of them come the end of the season. 

Evina was offered a new contract recently.

As we are perceived to be losing 30k a week, anything that will help the cashflow by National League clubs taking some players on loan, would also help with the possible sale of the club by reducing the week by week losses

• 4 weeks later...

Archived