Who would make the ideal chairman for the magpies if the owners are hands off.?

Magic magpie

So with the new owners from South Africa arriving in the uk From yesterday to first to dot i’s and cross the T’s at the golf course and make the sale official. But they to me seemingly wouldn’t be very hands on. 

If this is the case and they will be appointing a chairman to take care of the day to day running of the club who do think would make the ideal chairman for Notts County.? 

The club needs someone who can engage with fans at fans forums, that way the club can be open but allow people to ask questions. I don't think they should end up being cancelled just because of "bad things happening", its important to always be upfront.

If the owner appoints a chairman, please find someone more knowledgeable than Alan Hardy.

The last two owners have alienated themselves with the fans.

Another Derek Pavis would be welcomed.

He put this club first, yes he sold players but he build foundations. It all went down hill when he left, it's a shame someone in his family couldn't take over but Michael always seemed more interested with that lot across the river from us.

A chairman that knows the value in the players but would listen more to the manager, offer stability and proper structure is what I would seek.

We're not going to see another Pavis figure - old-school chairmen could act like dictators because they were ultimately holding the purse strings. I think we're going to end up with an administrator, which doesn't have to be a bad thing. It'll have to be someone they trust, but who also has good contacts in the game. Maybe someone is already in place?

Ultimately, I want the owners/CEO to get a proper structure in place off the pitch with good, competent people, and then step back and let them do their job. Then success will come. I've had quite enough of egotists with a need to micro-manage everything.

i would like to see a proper board that is not governed only by the chairmans vote or feelings.

if you have good people involved, you should listen and not always go about things in your own way. i think alan was too much like that. i would like a chairman who can leave the staff to do their jobs and just go about their own duties, the club would run much better.

Archived