Basford United chairman Chris Munroe blasts Notts hierarchy

Magic magpie

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Well we know that Notts owe Basford United for training and use of there facilities but Notts have failed to pay because of the financial situation we currently find ourself in. In a article in the evening post Basford United chairman Chris Munroe has blasted the Notts  hierarchy as totally classless. It’s safe to say that Alan has burned another bridge and angered the Basford United chairman this is not good. 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/basford-united-chairman-chris-munroe-2950357

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've spoken to Chris Munroe, he's a good guy and I feel for Basford United.

Supposedly we owe them a fair amount of money which can be quite serious for any club in the Non League, however the comments about 'no pre season friendly' seems childish because we shouldn't always play the same clubs. Kole Lambert is our loss, kudos to them for picking him up and turning it around. It shows how we fail to make that market or gap with our own youth players.

Despite successes in recent years as selling assets.

They'd be worth a lot more with if we had embedded them into our first team and actually shown a proper pathway into football.

The pitches aren't poor, they are top class and above Non League standard. I know for a fact that Basford have upset locals due to Notts having dictated about closing pathways that they had used and make it harder for local dog owners to walk their pets. The land used to be unused/council land and this should never have happened, although Kevin Nolan wanted the training ground to be more private after the Liam Noble leaks (waste of money there).

Notts staff had been doing the ground work as well, dictating again and if the pitches are poor well it's down to those people then.

Most people should be alarmed that these things have been happening and friendships that were once strong have clearly been ruined, however, again short minds and Twitter nonsense will dictate otherwise.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

i think basford have every right to criticise notts but i will be one of few who feel like this.

they have been good to the club.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

If posted by the clubs account then this isn’t wise, if published via a personal account totally justifiable. No Notts fan can complain because on the other foot, I am sure they would be saying differently. That Josh from Mad always came across as a know it all.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

It seems like another bill not paid but also basford picking at other things which arnt relevant, so bit of sillyness on both parts.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

The fact Notts have messed up, I would give the Basford chairman a pass with his comments.

Archived