Match Discussion: Game 35 - The Cardinals (H)

PON_News

The first half at times was a joy to watch, O'Brien touches were magic and Dennis and Wootton worked very well together.

Everything was coming through Roberts, which eventually slowed down. Enzio had another poor game for me, he had the chance to pass to any of 3 players but decided to go for glory. That was a bit selfish, as the other options could have been better. How many poor passes or crosses did he make in the first half? Yes, it's great to see him take on players but there's a time when it becomes to much.

Second half, Woking played better. They made Notts work and I have to be honest Rawlinson looks different alongside Bird [who I thought defended the best out of the two].

Luck to scrape the draw, Notts needs to stop trying to walk the ball into the net.

Roberts changes the dynamics, so why are we lacking that natural wide play?

• Like 2

• Chris unfeatured this topic

Poor display in the second half, I thought Woking was going to go on and win the game by a landslide until Notts started to gain confidence. How the players broke can be exciting but very few get into the space, they run directly where the opposition is.

First half should have been how Notts approached the second, I don't know, they came out too deep and defensive. I think Ardley thought we could break them on the counter but Woking just put 10 men behind the ball.

Notts always struggles to do well against teams like this.

Social media has been a major knee jerk for some, I can't help but think they need to get over the result.

Notts drawn, neither side deserved to win.

• Like 1

Focus on the next game against Hartlepool. Notts won't win every game!

I thought it came down mostly to the lack of control the referee had of the game and how Woking would dive/waste time. Notts just has to be more aware of the tricks and quit walking the ball towards the penalty box.

They did play well just not good enough to win, good result in all.