The live stream

DangerousSausage

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

The Notts live stream is hitting the airwaves tomorrow - an all-singing, all-dancing media extravaganza with four cameras, replays and commentary for 12 quid a pop. That's a bit on the expensive side for my taste (I'd have been happy with a more no-frills production for a bit less) but I'm glad it's there. And I hope it works!

Is anyone else tuning in?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Yes, I will be watching the live stream. I am locked in my apartment due to Uni rules and, I don't have much else to do.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have to admit, I wanted to pay more and, I would've done but I am trying to hold onto what cash I have at the minute as we are hopefully having a family break if the lockdown doesn't force it to be cancelled like what happened in may.

I opt for the £12, it's priced accordingly due to the provider and, club needing the assistance due to the lack of crowds.

I don't think many fans will be put off, it's expensive for people who are going to watch by themselves but for me - my family and @Magpie callum (if he feels better) its actually good value. It's the reason why I would like to pay for the maximum ticket price, as I feel it's only my part. That said, I have kitted everyone out and, I also grabbed a new blue training top when @super_pie finally decided what he wanted.

I'll also be donating the £8 from the Dover game to Notts, how fans forget they cancelled two games just as they approached the ground last season is beyond me.

The club has never once replied to one of my queries.  

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

i happily paid more to watch the stream, i dont begrudge or take for granted that now is our time to support the club.

i just hope that the quality improves, it was okay for the most part but it was very sluggish at times. i think its a compression or frame rate issue. it needs investigating for the next fixture as some fans are saying they wont be purchasing passes. i will but if it dont improve, i might just stick the radio on.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

There will be teething issues, I accept that. I just wished that doing bundles was possible.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

I would be curious to know how many fans took up the offering of the live stream.

I logged in and watched it on my laptop, I thought the quality was mostly okay. The one blip after the first half should be expected.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910

My parents paid for the stream, I watched it with them. I thought the quality was very good for the first broadcast.

I do feel at half time they could air a special interview or something, just to fill that gap.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

In the event I was impressed. I got what I paid for (I saw the match) and the commentary was in sync. There was a short outage in the second half and the occasionally dropped frames gave parts of the match a 1920s silent film vibe, but for a first attempt these were minor issues. I'll be using it again.

2 quid a goal is also decent value, but I didn't really need the two Barnet goals :P 

7 hours ago, Joshua said:

I do feel at half time they could air a special interview or something, just to fill that gap.

I liked the replays they showed at half-time, but an audio interview wouldn't hurt. Maybe something for the social media team to look into.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

For the most part it was very good. As mentioned above, at times a few frames were dropped and there was a blip of a minute or so, but all in all a good first attempt.

The only thing that continues to annoy me is that BBCRN still are getting regular updates from Mansfield. How many people can there be, that are listening to a commentary of a Notts County game, that really want to see how Mansfield are getting along in a league we're not even in? I appreciate this is out of the clubs control, just annoying as to why it persists. 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910

20 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

In the event I was impressed. I got what I paid for (I saw the match) and the commentary was in sync. There was a short outage in the second half and the occasionally dropped frames gave parts of the match a 1920s silent film vibe, but for a first attempt these were minor issues. I'll be using it again.

2 quid a goal is also decent value, but I didn't really need the two Barnet goals :P 

I liked the replays they showed at half-time, but an audio interview wouldn't hurt. Maybe something for the social media team to look into.

Hope they do look into it, it just adds to the value of the stream.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  884
  • Days Won:  1

I plan to purchase all the home streams, I am encouraged to see that over 2160 I think purchased the last home game.

Archived