New loan signing : Tom Walker

Piethagoram

Whilst I share @Piethagoram's sentiments regarding Sam Osborne - at the same time I am pleased to see that he's cracking on with his career and, has taken the fresh opportunity to push on his own experience. At the same time, I am happy with this signing.

Tom Walker looks a decent signing.

Having looked into him, it's good to have the option of playing him out wide or in the centre of midfield.

The fact it's a loan, it doesn't really bother me as I think it gives us chance to see how he settles. If he does well, I am sure the club will try to extend his services but for now it does give Cal Roberts some time to get match fit.

Well yesterday's game against Woking was the first time I've seen him and he was probably our most dangerous attacking player in the first half. One lovely moment where he glided past their defenders and put a great ball across the 6 yard box - it was a tap in had someone gambled and got there!

Definite talent there and as far as a replacement for Cal, after a bit more game time I don't think he'll too far off his level. I think he'll be a great option to have during this period of a continuous Tuesday/Sat game run.

I don't feel there is any comparison to Cal Roberts, but still Tom Walker is a very good player at this level. I would like to see more of him going at the opposition as he's useful on the ball.

A faster CM in the middle would be my next addition if Notts can.

At 24 years old, he looks to be improving still but from what I have seen he's no Cal Roberts.

He does look to be a very good player, but different and his burst to get forward into a goal scoring position is probably the only thing he does better than Roberts. Who prefers to skill his way through players.

Archived