Jordan Barnett signs

Piethagoram

A 6 ft 4” left back wearing the number 7 shirt! I can’t handle that!

But in all seriousness given McCrory is basically out for months (and Chicksen just isn’t getting a look in) it’s a position we probably needed some cover/competition for.

I saw some Oldham fans on twitter who thought the FL was a step to far for him at the moment, as he was playing in the Northern Premier (in the same league as is Marine) before he signed for them. Maybe stepping down is a better place for him to start. And with him only being signed until the end of the season if doesn’t work out for him we can just let him go.

It also frees up Miller to play further forward and I’d like to see what he can do there!

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/adam-chicksen/

.... City's Head of Recruitment Greg Abbott added: "We've looked at Adam's qualities, he's got two great feet, although he comes in predominately as a left back.

"He gets up and down the pitch well, showing a lot of energy.

"We believe Stuart (McCall) will do what he did with a lot of players last season and get the best out of Adam.

"You only have to look at the form of the likes of James Meredith, Mark Marshall and Rory McArdle to see how Stuart can get the best out of players.

"We feel Adam has the ability to be a top player and Stuart is the sort of manager to help him get there.

"Adam got a great move to Brighton & Hove Albion in the Championship while he was at Milton Keynes Dons - that shows the ability he has.

"He can defend and stop crosses into his own box, but he also has the drive and pace to get forward and put the ball into the opposition box as well.

Well, it appears he came to Notts on Greg Abbott's recommendation... It is now obvious that Ardley has seen through him, that despite the positive slant, Chicksen doesn't really have a future at Notts.

15 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/adam-chicksen/

.... City's Head of Recruitment Greg Abbott added: "We've looked at Adam's qualities, he's got two great feet, although he comes in predominately as a left back.

"He gets up and down the pitch well, showing a lot of energy.

"We believe Stuart (McCall) will do what he did with a lot of players last season and get the best out of Adam.

"You only have to look at the form of the likes of James Meredith, Mark Marshall and Rory McArdle to see how Stuart can get the best out of players.

"We feel Adam has the ability to be a top player and Stuart is the sort of manager to help him get there.

"Adam got a great move to Brighton & Hove Albion in the Championship while he was at Milton Keynes Dons - that shows the ability he has.

"He can defend and stop crosses into his own box, but he also has the drive and pace to get forward and put the ball into the opposition box as well.

Well, it appears he came to Notts on Greg Abbott's recommendation... It is now obvious that Ardley has seen through him, that despite the positive slant, Chicksen doesn't really have a future at Notts.

I haven't been overly impressed with what I've seen of him, but I have a feeling that Chicksen is destined to be one of those players that flop at Notts but do well elsewhere. But this signing does confirm that he isn't really in Ardley's plans. 

The thing with Chickensen he doesn't look 100%, I don't know if he arrived due to having injury nags but from what I have seen of him it does look like he hasn't been at his fullest. Perhaps he believes the National League is beneath him?

Either way, the club benefits from having a younger, eager, attacking minded player.

Archived