Match Discussion: FA Cup Qualifying - The Lambs (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,283
  • Days Won:  80

FA Cup Qualifying - The Lambs (H)

Team: Tamworth

Date: 19/10/2021

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Ian Burchnall opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

Well, I think the job should've been taken care of first time a round but the second time of asking should be good enough. We need to see a good performance by Notts, nothing less. Convincing 2-0 win please.

O'Brien and Wootton to score.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I think Notts will lose, sorry! I know nobody likes it when someone says this but I think we'll slip up against Tamworth.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

If Notts manages to kick the KOP end way in the second half, I think the fans will get behind them and it will help. Home soil should give us the advantage, but Notts aren't in any sort of form right now.

I would like to see a good performance, or win ugly.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've seen a whole range of comments, from people being extremely negative to the more thoughtful. I can't really take comments seriously when they include a lot of swearing, nor can I when they attack others for having their opinion. Expressing opinions, in a meaningful way always makes me see the point people have to make, even if I disagree - I would always respect that.

Notts need to hold the ball better against Tamworth, whilst making sure that the finishing is there.

I noticed Ian Burchnall mentioned that the players need to have shots from distance and work on the amount of chances created.

We have 7 shots on target, 1 or 2 should be going in.

It would take an incredibly talented keeper or an outstanding performance to deny any good chances. I think we focus on point - blank situations far too much. Sometimes you just have to try your luck.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

I think it will end in defeat, the club did not take the first game as seriously as we should. I say this not because Notts didn't win but because we didn't really trouble them. Tamworth will be more confident having forced a reply and I think they'll punish us for it.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I think IB learned a lot from Saturday's game. He knows he cannot depend on Sam & Mitchell to score the goals we need to sustain a promotion push. I shudder to think what would happen if Wootton picked up an injury. You'd expect Notts to finish the job off at home. They created more than enough chances to win the game last Saturday. 2-0 to Notts I reckon. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Job done. Vincent was excellent, looking forward to seeing if he can do it in the league. Mitchell got a couple of goals but the jury is still out. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

That's a big relief! Hopefully Mitchell and Vincent in particular can benefit from the experience. The glamour of Rochdale it is then!