Preston North End Vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't really expect anything from the game, however I do hope we can at least draw. I think this will be a bigger test than Shaun Derry knows, he needs to motivate the players into starting the game as they did against Peterborough. You can never write us off or know what to expect really, it's games like this we tend to see ourselves surprised! Either for good reasons or for one's we would rather forget. Preston are no fools though, I expect them to start lively.

Two games now into the 'view of our upcoming games'. Preston have ex Forest striker Joe Garner, along with some other useful players.

I hope we avoid dropping JCR, he needs to play and their fans need to get over what happened. It wasn't nice for their player, however he ended up accepting Jamal's apology and it should be put to rest now.

It's sad how their fans think it's acceptable to continue it!

My prediction is 2-2, however we desperately need the 3 points. Thoughts?

Ps. Let us know if you're making the away trip here.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Will be a difficult game, plus Preston's fans tend to be a bit, shall we say lively. I reckon 2-0 to the Lilywhites (but I hope to be pleasantly surprised!)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

massive game, promotion chasing and a group of fixture which are not getting easier by the game.

2-1 notts! we have to get back into the driving zone, push back. mark my words! coyp!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

It will be a tough game, I have to say I am not very confident.

Preston will want to punish us, they are desperate to get back into the championship and a team like us are pray for them. Worst thing they can do is become smug and over confident but I see them winning back 3.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I'm probably one of the few people quietly confident. They may be 4th but their home form is quite poor, they dont score many goals at all and they draw a lot of games in general. So long as we defend like we did in the first 3 games of the New Year there's no reason why we cant come away with something. 2-1 to the Magpies!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

A draw for me , but if the desire from stevenage and sheffied comes back we can beat them , everyone in this league is beatable ! I Still would change it up abit though, two up front for me ! Maybe start with ball and the palace lad ?

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

As I've mentioned in a previous thread, the manner of how we play is the most important aspect of this game.  We aren't expected to win, but if we can put in a better effort than we did against Walsall we'll be moving in the right direction ready to smash the 3 points once we are out of this difficult run of fixtures.

What's going on? Two have said we will win, I might have revise my prediction.

I think it's better to go into games open minded, however at the start of the season I honestly felt we could win games. It's a little different now, it's how we start and setup. If we go to prove a point, I am sure we can achieve something.

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

As I've mentioned in a previous thread, the manner of how we play is the most important aspect of this game.  We aren't expected to win, but if we can put in a better effort than we did against Walsall we'll be moving in the right direction ready to smash the 3 points once we are out of this difficult run of fixtures.

I hope its better, the result didnt bother me but we can play better. We will see soon!

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

This date in history - 1st February

If your enough of a pessamist to go by our previous results on this date then the omens are not good, as you have to go all the way back to the very first football season post world war 2 for our last league win on this date! Thankfully, I only do this feature out of interest. Our results on this date going back to the end of WWII:

1st Feb 2003 - Wycombe Wanderers 3-1 Notts County - scorer: Mark Stallard (League 1)

1st Feb 1997 - Notts County 1-2 Luton Town - scorer: Ian Richardson (Division 2)

1st Feb 1992 - Leeds United 3-0 Notts County (Division 1)

1st Feb 1986 - Gillingham 4-0 Notts County (Div 3)
1st Feb 1984 - Huddersfield Town 1-2 Notts County - scorers: Brian Kilcline & Richard Harkouk (FA Cup 4th Round)
1st Feb 1975 - Notts County 1-3 Aston Villa - scorer: Ian Scanlon (Division 2)

1st Feb 1968 - Notts County 1-1 Doncaster Rovers - scorer: David Needham (Division 4)

1st Feb 1964 - Notts County 0-0 Peterborough United (Division 3)
1st Feb 1958 - Lincoln City 2-2 Notts County - scorers: Gordon Wills & Jackie Lane (Division 2)
1st Feb 1947 - Notts County 1-0 Northampton Town - scorer: Jackie Sewell (Division 2 south)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

An improvement in performance will be a start.Let's restore some pride and build on that.  ! - 1 draw.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

On paper Notts don't stand a chance,especially after last Saturday but ,again,on paper Notts should be higher up the league.It really is time that Notts had 'a rub of the green' so I'm predicting a draw--Can I hear groans referring to my recent performances in the prediction league ?

On paper Notts don't stand a chance,especially after last Saturday but ,again,on paper Notts should be higher up the league.It really is time that Notts had 'a rub of the green' so I'm predicting a draw--Can I hear groans referring to my recent performances in the prediction league ?

Excuse me? we always stand a chance.

The chance will just be slim! It would be like me saying there's no chance Derby would stay up in the Premiership, if by 'chance' they got promoted. Sorry, I'm kidding!

Preston aren't a power house, they're a reliable squad and have a good set of players. Nothing about them should we be fearful off, apart from their fans stealing things! that or moaning about an injury which happened by accident. It's not like Preston can climb they've never seriously injured a player and I know of some which look every deliberate.

I think it will be a draw, I still do. I think we might even lead for period of time and see them ****** the point back.

Guess it depends how we play but even on paper we have some hope and chance.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Dont think it will be another tonking as last week, but with the weather and all that, its never going to be pretty. I can see a draw at best for us if we are lucky!

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I'm really not sure what to expect as a result for this game. I am looking forward to seeing how the team plays together now theres a few more players signed.

Hoping for a win!

Dont think it will be another tonking as last week, but with the weather and all that, its never going to be pretty. I can see a draw at best for us if we are lucky!

Same here, however if lucks involved you never know. Enoch's got the key to the field now, he's our only 'real' experienced striker and I hope the fans continue to get right behind him. It would be good if he could get us a couple of goals today!

I don't think the palace lad will impact games by scoring, he seems a provider until his confidence goes sky high.

Everyone's saying he will score which is fair, however I think it's Enoch, McGregor and Grealish. We shall see! COYP :)

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Notts are master at producing the unpredictable!

Based upon form, the table, last week - we have little or no chance. Weirdly, I can see us sneaking a point, but we will have to score twice IMO, and that might be an issue.

I can sniff a draw but remain eternally optimistic so a win would never surprise me. Come on you Piiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeees.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Playing ok so far 0-0 after half an hour.

Rams miss a penalty in 1st half with no efforts on goal from brum.Second half begins and brum score with their firs effort BUT Rams immediately equalise.Notts seem to be coping .Come on Rams and Pies!

Rams 2 - 1 up.Come on Notts,make my day!

Oh bugger.Preston scored.Come on Notts don't spoil my day.

Supporter+

2-0 to Preston now, I think you will have to settle for a Rams win (hopefully)

Supporter+

Well I'm not surprised we lost this one but what I am gutted about is the teams around us have picked up points and in two cases in the dying minutes, we are now back in the bottom four.

We've got to beat Coventry next week to keep in touch.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Being pinned in our own half doesn't help!

Enoch or any lone striker for that matter, wont contribute unless some support comes there way.

It may work against the lower end teams, but the formation is failing against the bigger tests.

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I also think a new formation is needed, shame about the result. Onwards to the next game, i hope its a better result.

Archived