Goals Conceded: 13

Shrewsbury Town: LLLDLD
Goals Scored: 4
Goals Conceded: 12

Last Time We Met
Saturday 23rd November 2013

Shrewsbury Town 1-0 Notts County
Goal Scorer(s) - Reach (73 min)

Shrewsbury Town: Weale, Woods, Jacobson, Summerfield, Jones, Mkandawire, Parry, Wildig, McAliden, Ugwu, Reach.
Used Subs: Goldson (90) and Wroe (34).

Notts County: Bialkowski, Freeman, Sheehan, Boucaud, Smith, Liddle, McGregor, Labadie, Haynes, Haber, Campbell-Ryce.
Used Subs: Tempest (62), Grealish (78) and Showunmi (83).

http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/news/the-match-officials-r253' target='_blank'>Match Officials » - http://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/topic/1308-shrewsbury-h-will-you-be-attending/' target='_blank'>Attendance Thread » - http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/previews/stat-attack-notts-county-v-shrewsbury-town-r255' target='_blank'>Match Preview »

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i think saturday should see us get a win, if we dont it will not go down well.

no offence to shrewsbury but they have a pretty poor record, i think their fates sealed and so they will try to drag other teams near them down. rotherham, leyton orient and mk dons coming up, this test will not get any easier. we need to seal as many points as possible from these fixtures!

i think the attendance will be about 6k, probably 2-0 to us.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

i think the attendance will be about 6k, probably 2-0 to us.

6k Liam, that's optimistic :o  Hope you are right though.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Sorry to our Shrew members but this is a game we need to  and must win.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904

This really is a game all about winning, drawing wouldn't be good enough I'm afraid.

Shrewsbury are a team in a worse off position, they play as a team but not with much quality. If we play well, I can see us picking them apart but if they push for chances I can see our defence buckling. Attendance will be 5.7 around, result? I will have to say 1-0 Notts.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

IMO Shrewsbury will come with the sole intention of stopping Notts playing,They'll be happy with an away draw..An early goal from Notts will be ideal but patience could be the key.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

IMO Crewe will come with the sole intention of stopping Notts playing,They'll be happy with an away draw..An early goal from Notts will be ideal but patience could be the key.

We're Playing Crewe Alexandra? ha ha ha ha 

Get your Shrews, Crewes And Trews right Super 

• Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Notts 5 - 0 Shrewsbury 

Mac - Hatrick 

Spencer 

Merreh 

Cheap Prices, 7012

Supporter+

You'll have to excuse him @Canadian poor old @super_ram is getting on a bit you know. Nurse will be along soon to put him to bed.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Shewsbury are a side which plays as a team, they might not have any big hitter (in goal scoring terms). They're a side who could easily surprise us, if we don't play to our full ability. I can see at least two players being tricky, which our defence will have to mark out the game. We have the ability to frustrate and stop them playing, if the midfield get tight and attempt to win the ball back when they have it.

It all depends on if we let them play.

If we play like we did against Coventry, I think @Canadian's prediction could be spot on. I just hope we see a lively game and one which doesn't require Bart to keep us in it.

I can see three points remaining at Nottingham. COYP!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743

Super said he blames @sadlad with his Crewesbury!

• Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  2

It's not very merry around the club at the moment, i think this will come into the game.

A group of fans are consistanly blaming the board, also talk of now bycotting the game and a group on fb are strongly pushing for this. Notts should be aware of fans trying to make it into the home sections of your ground, i dont expect trouble but its not exactly good for either of us.

Morale is down for us, Paul Perry is the only player who seems to be unaffected. Hes got a few goals for us in recent games but we have no been taking our chances! Jermaine Grandison returned recently, this will be a boost for us.

I see it being a draw myself.

Super said he blames @sadlad with his Crewesbury!

He'd blame anything, excuses! :P

It's not very merry around the club at the moment, i think this will come into the game.

A group of fans are consistanly blaming the board, also talk of now bycotting the game and a group on fb are strongly pushing for this. Notts should be aware of fans trying to make it into the home sections of your ground, i dont expect trouble but its not exactly good for either of us.

Morale is down for us, Paul Perry is the only player who seems to be unaffected. Hes got a few goals for us in recent games but we have no been taking our chances! Jermaine Grandison returned recently, this will be a boost for us.

I see it being a draw myself.

I'm sure we're used to fans wanting to sit in our end, stewards will have be aware of this.

Is Grandison up to speed? He's not a player I am aware about.

We need more than a point, as do you.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I'll blame the brews.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

With the greatest of respect to Shrewsbury, this is the sort of game we have to be winning, and really should be winning. Shrewsbury are in shocking form. Last Saturday was their first clean sheet in three months and they're winless in something like 7 games.

If morale is generally pretty low at the club, we need to make sure we're up and at them from the off, see if they're going to be up for the fight. If we don't win this game it'll be a severe blow. I don't care how we win just do it.

I'm thinking 2-0 to Notts in front of around 5.6k, few hundred from Shrewsbury

• Content Count:  486

Absolutely critical game, for all sorts of reasons - not least the need for 3 vital points! Anything other than a victory will be pretty serious IMO.

We must win this one, no options. Come on you Piiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeees.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

this as granny pie said is a must win we can escape the drop easily at this moment but a lost and the wins for everyone else will see us  in  trouble I'm going for a 2-0 to county i think shaun will have them sorted. bart has been amazing for us this season and i think on sat will be no diff. On saturday the pies will come out fighting and will win i think on sat notts county greatest day will happen and avoid the great escape copy

Well it's coming, I am looking forward to the game. It will be one of those which we should be able to look back on in the future, it just depends on if it will be for good or bad reasons. Reducing the gap in points, per games in hand that other teams have is what we need to focus on. Not so much if they win, more a case of making sure we don't lose.

Shrewsbury fans don't seem very positive they can win at all.

At least the majority wish us well, plus even a Wolves fan on a general football forum suggested they would have a nightmare if we passed the ball around like we did against Wolves.

Now that's a compliment!

He'd blame anything, excuses! :P

I'm sure we're used to fans wanting to sit in our end, stewards will have be aware of this.

Is Grandison up to speed? He's not a player I am aware about.

We need more than a point, as do you.

No doubt Joe.

He came back and played a bit, he seemed a little slow but as he got more into the game we realized how important his return his. He keeps things quite tight at the back, the type of defender who could impact a game like saturdays.

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

Gary Liddle (ankle ligaments), Mustapha Dumbuya (groin), Callum Ball (ankle), Dean Leacock (unspecified - doubt).

will we miss any of these players? i dont think so myself. we need to go into the game starting brightly, its the only way to settle the pressure and make things easier.

• Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  1

we have handed michael jackson a contract until the end of the season, despite the fact that the majority of us think that she shouldn't be in a position to manage.

I doubt it will happen but i hope we win, atm we dont really have goal scorers.

I am going to this away game.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

Gary Liddle (ankle ligaments), Mustapha Dumbuya (groin), Callum Ball (ankle), Dean Leacock (unspecified - doubt).

will we miss any of these players? i dont think so myself. we need to go into the game starting brightly, its the only way to settle the pressure and make things easier.

Liddle is the only player for me.

I see us defeating the shrews, they're not a good side and despite their earlier win in the season. We have now regrouped and should be able to play them off the field, I dont see five goals myself. I do see us winning comfortably, so I would say 3.

Attendance should be reasonably good for the fixture.

we have handed michael jackson a contract until the end of the season, despite the fact that the majority of us think that she shouldn't be in a position to manage.

I doubt it will happen but i hope we win, atm we dont really have goal scorers.

Yeah, I am somewhat surprised.

Our recent results have not been good enough, I forget who mentioned this from County but having not won in ex amount of games will be pressure within itself. I still see us drawing, we can manage to score.

• Content Count:  18,270
  • Days Won:  80

Folks Joe Jones has published our "Stat Attack" which is now found on the main site.

The Original Post is now updated - Here

Don't forget to let us know your pre match thoughts, along with each step of the game. If you're attending, please do consider adding your confession to our attendance thread. Thank you..

Supporter+

I am just a little bit worried that we (the fans) are expecting us to win this game, I just hope that doesn't transmit itself to the players and they come out thinking it is just a formality. I am sure they will be professional and treat the Shrews with respect but you never know with Notts.

Archived