Notts County vs Peterborough United

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't think Peterborough are a side which many sides should fear, especially compared to previous season.

They do play some good football, however they are largely inconsistent and they haven't filled in the gaps left behind by losing key players. They invested quite heavily on raw, upcoming talent and it shows when watching them play. Their defence also looks pretty poor in my opinion.

This doesn't mean I am writing them off on Saturday, I'm not but don't impress me like they have done.

I know full well they have the quality to take the game to teams, however I see this as being another prime game where Notts can show just how much they have progressed themselves. I think provided we don't allow them to dictate the tempo or to come at us as directly as Bristol City, Swindon Town or MK Dons did. I think we will be able to get the ball into places whereby they struggle and I see us being able to create those chances.

It's just about both sides taking the chances presented. Score prediction? I'm going to say 1-0 Notts.

What about you? Thoughts?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

With Noble in the side my answer would have been win... without we may struggle in the middle...

Unsure... heart still goes with win, head says draw

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

We drew 0-0 with them back in September. They haven't won in over a month so confidence is bound to be low. Their away form is poor, yet they have actually scored more goals away than at home recently. You would expect us to win this one wouldn't you?

I think Posh will score but this is a should win for us so I'll go for 2-1 to Notts.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

colchester beat them right?

it seems they are pretty poor this season, do i think we will win? probably not, winning two games at home would be massive. i think this will probably turn out in their favour, i think they will win 2-1. we might take the lead! of course i hope i am wrong.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I don't see why we can't win-a draw at the very least!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

Its a good time for both to meet.

Notts just have to approach the game with the belief we can get something. They have been poor this season, no where near good enough to gain promotion or to be able to run a way with it. I think we could win comfortably on Saturday. 2-0 is my prediction!

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Really looking forward to this match, it seems ages since I have been to a game. If all the new boys play, it'll be like a new team, better get a programme so I can identify them all.

Notts 4 Posh 0. Two goals from new boy, one each for other two new boys.

Ferguson gets the sack.  You heard it here first.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

I would not predict a win so easily.

Are you all forgetting we support Notts County? It will either be a draw or 3-1 win for them. I dont see us winning this game, no not really. A lot would depend on if we play two strikers and what the new players offer.

Notts County vs Peterborough United

matchthreadfullncvspu.png
Saturday 24th January 2015
Kick Off - 3:00pm
League One

Meadow Lane

Match Officials
Ref: Graham Scott
Assistant(s): Paul Graham and Mark Howes
Fourth Official: Jason Whiteley

Formbook - Last 6 Games
Notts County: DLLLWD
Goals Scored: 4
Goals Conceded: 9

Peterborough United: WLLDLL
Goals Scored: 5
Goals Conceded: 9

Last Time We Met
Saturday 13th September 2014

Peterborough United 0-0 Notts County
Goal Scorer(s) -

Peterborough United: Alnwick, Almeida Santos, Burgess, Baldwin, Smith, Anderson, Taylor, Payne, Maddison, Washington, Vassell.
Used Subs: Newell (67), James (71) and Ferdinand (84).

Notts County: Carroll, Cranston, Laing, Hollis, Thompson, Brown, Noble, Smith, Jones, Ismail, Cassidy.
Used Subs: Murray (77).

• Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I am on the lines of @tonyhateley 

I reckon 5-1 win with a Bajner hat-trick, I cannot remember the last time i was this excited about  a Notts game, Jimmy Spencer brought a lot of promise but we never had anyone who could cross the ball like Will Hayhurst and Gary Thompson.

I really hope Balint lives upto the reviews I've got on him and that we sign him onto at least a 2 year deal along with an extension for Jimmy Spencer.

Could you imagine being the opposing centre halves with that pair in your face every game

I don't think Peterborough are a side which many sides should fear, especially compared to previous season.

They do play some good football, however they are largely inconsistent and they haven't filled in the gaps left behind by losing key players. They invested quite heavily on raw, upcoming talent and it shows when watching them play. Their defence also looks pretty poor in my opinion.

This doesn't mean I am writing them off on Saturday, I'm not but don't impress me like they have done.

I know full well they have the quality to take the game to teams, however I see this as being another prime game where Notts can show just how much they have progressed themselves. I think provided we don't allow them to dictate the tempo or to come at us as directly as Bristol City, Swindon Town or MK Dons did. I think we will be able to get the ball into places whereby they struggle and I see us being able to create those chances.

It's just about both sides taking the chances presented. Score prediction? I'm going to say 1-0 Notts.

What about you? Thoughts?

They're in meltdown at the minute, I reckon next season they are going to go for it with a big budget as they like us have a few contracts ending 

Really looking forward to this match, it seems ages since I have been to a game. If all the new boys play, it'll be like a new team, better get a programme so I can identify them all.

Notts 4 Posh 0. Two goals from new boy, one each for other two new boys.

Ferguson gets the sack.  You heard it here first.

I don't think he'll get the sack this season at least, but you never know!!

@Northants Pie - I have a feeling they may struggle to get back into the Championship for a few seasons.

They need to majorly improve their squad, although one experienced striker would make a huge difference their defence needs strengthening and I see that their midfield, well it's not as strong as previous years. Even if they get all this sorted next season, I think they'll end up having to take time to settle. I also don't get what the heck their chairman is on about.

Peterborough are doing well considering!

@Northants Pie - I have a feeling they may struggle to get back into the Championship for a few seasons.

They need to majorly improve their squad, although one experienced striker would make a huge difference their defence needs strengthening and I see that their midfield, well it's not as strong as previous years. Even if they get all this sorted next season, I think they'll end up having to take time to settle. I also don't get what the heck their chairman is on about.

Peterborough are doing well considering!

If you had ever met Barry Fry you would understand Peterborough, their chairman and the shenanigans the always go through, 

He opitimises them completely

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

A good friend is a Posh fan and he tells me they are awful atm. Notts win 3-0

Regards Allen. You Pies!

Well having scanned various Posh sites, it does seem that they have some concerns regarding tomorrow's fixture. It's a shame I could get one to give me an opposition view but I'll try extra harder to get one on match day.

I still think they could cause us problems even if they're in meltdown mode.

Yet if we can create chances we should score, it would be nice for us to focus on a game plan where by we focused on getting the back asap and passing around the flanks/centre of the park picking out our passes/crosses. I think we will see that if we hit them they will give us plenty of opportunities.

You Pies!!

Disappointed by a couple today

Alan Smith IMO let himself down, a really sensible substitution to replace him with Jones... if he had been on after half time, some winding up by the posh would have seen us down to ten easily.

Roy Carroll for all his saves and how good he is as a keeper, needs to cut out the arguing and lecturing of officials, another yellow today, it wont be long before he is suspended again.

I love the fact we have a bit of fire and fight, but harassing officials and from what I heard fairly reckless if not dangerous tackling needs to be cut out of our game. It is not the sort of thing I like to see, especially at our club.

• Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

I think ive got the perfect answer to all of county's troubles with playing at home. 

They should play all there matches away SIMPLES

@jsrjay ahhh grasshopper, perhaps it would be wise to seek enlightenment and a solution to your own woes

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Well another home match = another disappointment.

Poor atmosphere for a start. After seeing the line-up was looking forward to it.

Referee was poor, but we can not keep arguing all the time. Carroll's booking ??? Oh dear. Need to pack up the time wasting, but to be fair, I think that was more by reputation today rather than actual time wasting.

Clear dives by their players go unpunished and speak about taking the Mick with their subs slowly walking off.

Now to us. It was our fault we got beat. They weren't anything special, they outplayed off our errors and weaknesses.

Hollis was so hit and miss it's unbelievable. One minute strong header then he gets turned loads of times, including for the first. Not acceptable.

Hayhurst doesn't seem to have the ability to go past a man at all. Ever.

Right back stone was terrible. For a big lad he got shoved off lots and beaten lots more. Let's hope now people begin to appreciate Muzzie a little.

Daniels never really got into the game.

Alan Smith too hot tempered and nearly sent off, but I blame Noble for the substitution. If he hadn't have been sent off last game then SD might have given Smith a chance to cool down at half time and carry on, but no. SD subs the player that is putting the fire back into the game and of course we go off the boil for the rest of the game.

BB played an ok game for me. Asked to do a lot with not a lot.

Curtis Thompson played superbly well. Made it less painful to watch.

Not a fun day out!

Disappointed by a couple todayAlan Smith IMO let himself down, a really sensible substitution to replace him with Jones... if he had been on after half time, some winding up by the posh would have seen us down to ten easily.Roy Carroll for all his saves and how good he is as a keeper, needs to cut out the arguing and lecturing of officials, another yellow today, it wont be long before he is suspended again.I love the fact we have a bit of fire and fight, but harassing officials and from what I heard fairly reckless if not dangerous tackling needs to be cut out of our game. It is not the sort of thing I like to see, especially at our club.

If by fire and fight you mean Alan Smith, then yep he got took with the moment, but at least he showed he cared. That couldn't be said for most of the others. Maybe if Stone or Adams had shown a bit of desire to help out then we would have dominated more and been able to push up a bit. Even Mullins who is normally steady, looked out of sorts today. Maybe playing next to Sunday league veteran Hollis is rubbing off on him.

One more before I depart for my evening grub...

At least SD had the good grace to tell it as it is on the radio on the way home. If he had done his usual "all together, committed, etc.." Then it would be taking the phish.

He said basically it was rubbish. Shaun, I agree.

From what I have heard from others & heard on the radio myself (I am not for one minute blaming him for our loss) the referee was again absolutely shocking, why is it that the modern day referee has to be a tw4t first and a referee second??

I have come across plenty of ex top line referee's that agree the standard is extremely poor outside the premiership, the moaning and arguing from players has in no way increased in the last 30 years yet the lack of proper communication & understanding from refs has decreased massively.

Anyone ever wonder why Roy Carroll doesn't get booked for the very same 'antics' when playing for Northern Ireland? How many players walk off the pitch in the premiership and don't get booked?

Unless referees are going to become robotic with their decision making they have to expect & accept that they might just have a backlash from their questionable decision making

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I've been critical of Carroll before, he's a great goalie but he gets too many yellow cards. I couldn't work out what this yellow was for Derry seemed to think it was time wasting because he was screaming at the 4th official that we were 1-0 down so why would we time waste.

The majority of the players were below par today the only ones to come out with any credit was the two Thompsons, Curtis was superb and why did we take off Gary?

We played well in patches, Derry was right to take Smith off because that was only going one way.

I'm very disappointed I thought we would win this.

Archived