Accrington Stanley (H)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

The bookies and experts say Accrington will be struggling against relegation this season. Mind you, they say that every season and Accrington are still in League 2. No wonder they are called the club that wouldn't die. 

Accrington have got off to a decent start, 4 points from 9. Luton were lucky to escape with a draw and they beat Mansfield. They lost 1-0 at Morecambe, another relegation favourite. 

Accrington are one of those teams where the sum of their parts is better than their individual parts. Their manager John Coleman is one of the best in the division. They have scored 3 and conceded 3 so far. 

Accrington knocked us out of the FA Cup last season. They drew at ML and beat us 1-0 at home. 

What can we expect tomorrow? I think it will be a tight game. I think Notts will win but it may take time to break them down. I'm going for a 1-0 win. Stead to break his duck. If we can't keep a clean sheet against Accrington then I fear the worst to be honest.....

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  1

Indeed, as a newcomer to Meadow Lane last week I was pretty shocked at how poor Notts were- Might not be a surprise to most lol. I wouldn't be surprised if Notts come out firing this weekend after two poor results.

Was a cracking atmosphere though. How many do people reckon will be there tomorrow?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i think we should do okay but i see this ending in a draw, i just dont know, it dont feel right at the moment.

accrington are not a bad squad, so if we dont play like we can, they could create a nightmare for us and i really just hope we get a different squad facing up against them then we have see in the two defeats. when you lose game to game, it must shout that changes are needed but i have every faith in the manager. i will support him and the players but we need a win.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am expecting better but I can't help but feel what will be a draw, will result in Accrington scoring within the 80+ minutes.

With two key players back, I think we should be more settled but I just wonder how much of this Branston v Moniz will have effected the dressing room. I hope the squad stand up for Moniz and put on a convincing performance but I must be honest, I don't feel optimistic about the game. Don't get me wrong, I am not worried about relegation or anything to that extreame but I do feel there's a lot to be done to push forwards.

Noble, Swerts, Amevor, Carroll and a Steady Jon upfront, perhaps I will be wrong with how I feel?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

After being on holiday for the Stags game I now have my season ticket firmly in my hand (picked up this afternoon because quite honestly I expected the ticket office to stuff it up and didn't fancy waiting in a big queue just to argue tomorrow afternoon!) awaiting a good performance. And the performance is the key. No i don't want to see a defeat, but I'm sure every man, woman and child would prefer to see a team go down battling and caring rather than the effortless wimper of the mid-week defeat!

• Content Count:  47

Bring it on!!! just watched moniz interview and he seems determined to sort this out and make the players take responsibility.

We really need to win this and get back on track. come on u pies!!!  

3-1 to the super Notts.

• Content Count:  1,319

No messing around Notts, go out there and get your win. It's important we cut it out now and improve to better our season, if we draw for me it would not be good enough unless Accrington deserved the point.

2-0 Stanley Aborah and Jon Stead.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  18

This is a must win 3 pointer for Notts.

If we lose this, Moniz needs to take the players back to basics and any luxuries in which they get must be taken from them.

Bring it on!!! just watched moniz interview and he seems determined to sort this out and make the players take responsibility.

We really need to win this and get back on track. come on u pies!!!  

3-1 to the super Notts.

Will the players take the responsibility though?

• Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

Plenty of positives and reasons to get back on track, if the squad has not paid too much attention to the circus, we should be fine.

Accrington deserve a good whipping by us, considering last season. I would hope we avoid draws and put out an outstanding performance, which not only dismisses the abysmal antics from behind meadow lane but also one which steadies our own nerves.

Really if we cannot beat them, I will wonder what the seasons got in store for us. 

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

it is a game we should win, I just wonder with all that's gone on, and is it just me that worries about the amount of overseas players we have not only to get used to each other and the club, but also the physicality of this league?

A draw, a couple of injuries, and suspensions... not really positive... PLEASE NOTTS prove me wrong!

• Content Count:  30

9/1 Notts to win 2-0 at PP online. Something tells me I need to do a couple of more scores for this match!

Which NC will turn up, surely the defence cannot play as bad again...can they?

Can someone post the lineups? I know its supposedly 4-4-2. Already bumped into a Notts fan.

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i think we will see a prompt and ready notts, coyp!

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

thanks Notts, proving me right

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Deary me. Enough chances to win 2 games. Noble sent off again and another defensive calamity for their goal. Noble is our best player so far, he'll be missed. At least McCleod signed.

Did Noble's sending off cost us? How did we play folks? Since I'm away I'm dying to know these answers.

Seems from the text commentary we played okay.

Just lacking a striker? McLeod to be the answer??

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I just had twitter to go by but it seems we had lots of chances that went begging. Noble got the ball but with a stamping action which the ref deemed a sending off offence.

It sounded like a lot better performance and if McLeod can put away some of the chances and we can cut out the errors in defence we might start getting somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was painful. Again. So many spurned chances by Notts only overtook by how many times the defence went to pieces. Mama Mia the defence is bad and I mean bad. No organisation at all. No understanding of basics. No understanding of the manager seeming as he spent the whole match screaming at Audel and Amevor and they both just ignored him.

Stanley Aborah played a class above, and to be fair, so did Noble until the stupid challenge which cost us the game. Something I haven't seen for a few years today though...In fact since I was coaching on the playground...

Arguing and snatching the ball backwards and forwards on who will take a free-kick between Stan and Noble. Pathetic. This should be sorted and responsibilities known clearly. Embarrassing Notts.

Shocking defence.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

Some thoughts -

Adam Campbell put a lot of effort in, top work.

Stanley Aborah has a touch of class, good to watch.

Notts played more direct and created chances, over to you Izale McLeod!

The defence still looked shaky at times, more often than not, self inflicted. The red card meant more pressure, I don't think Accrington would have scored at that stage otherwise.

It was better than Mansfield and I think / hope that Notts will keep improving.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  18

It seems a bad result at my end, close to 3 points and a red card/late goal ruined it. I hope to see more opinions, so perhaps I can assess.

• Content Count:  862

We play quite decent, Campbell is trying but he will take time. it's good he's getting chances within the first team but it shows how much we need someone experienced. I do feel McLeod would have scored yesterday had he been able to play.

• Content Count:  125

We played well just couldn't finish things will pick up i assure you :)

Burke drifted in and out for me. To be honest, I would have subbed him ten minutes before he scored the header as he looked knackered and wasn't really contributing, but he stayed on and scored so every goal at the moment is important!

Campbell ran his socks off and on another day might have scored a couple. Confidence and game time needed.

Archived