Notts County Vs Bradford City

Chris

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

I missed what sounds like a very decent and entertaining game! I listened on the radio, poor reception for me and I thought about trying the match day chat here. I stuck it out with the radio, whilst doing some of the things I needed to do around the house.

The second goal I missed but heard the reactions of our fans when Grealish scored.

It's results like this which gives us hope, lets hope Derry keeps his ideas coming because it was a poker move to avoid making subs.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Thanks for the notes @fans who were there today, much appreciated here.

Is it just me though, or does writing ratings with a hyphen look like minus points? Maybe I'm just too attuned to reading @Mad!

I normally don't do them, thought I chuckled when reading your response and I agree.

Might have to revert to styling them a little different ;)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

oh i was very close with the score, can i get some bonus points for the prediction league? no? worth the try.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

It's just me, Joe (is there an annoying pedants award here?), but otherwise if Fovvringum has a really bad day it would have to be written Fovvers - -3 and that's clearly unacceptable (unclearly acceptable? - my head hurts), unless he's had a really bad day and been given a double negative (or is a double negative a positive in this case? But in that case why wouldn't the rater [ratter?] just write Foobar - 3? Oh, hang on a mo... er...  

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Hey folks!

Well, what a game! WHAT, A, GAME!

Though there is still plenty more work to do, I'm sure everybody enjoyed today's game - a comprehensive win AND a clean sheet, couldn't ask for more from one game eh?

Here is the match report from today's game, hope y'all enjoy it! It's a nice read today.

In Italy they say, "whatever you do on the first of the year, you will do for the rest of the year"! So if that means a year's worth of 3-0 victories, well, so be it :)

http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/reports/notts-county-3-0-bradford-city-r223

It's just me, Joe (is there an annoying pedants award here?), but otherwise if Fovvringum has a really bad day it would have to be written Fovvers - -3 and that's clearly unacceptable (unclearly acceptable? - my head hurts), unless he's had a really bad day and been given a double negative (or is a double negative a positive in this case? But in that case why wouldn't the rater [ratter?] just write Foobar - 3? Oh, hang on a mo... er...  

Haha! I'm going to add a special aware for being Nesh! :P

I think the drinking I did yesterday is starting to kick in, couldn't make heads or tail of this. Sorry! ;)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

It sounded like a much better game. Great score, great game... I hope we keep it up and we will get out of relegation. I'm glad we didn't concede any goals too.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Happy New year Indeed!

Weymouth's match was postponed yesterday so I sat in and, for the first time this season - listened to Uncle Colin on Magpie Player. I can't say it was a particularly enjoyable experience! It's not Colin, he's a legend - the voice of Notts, but I just hate listening to Notts games. Only being able to hear whats happening without seeing it is horrible, and good old Colin has a habbit of making things sounds nervy even if the opposition have the ball in their own defensive third!

The first half sounded like a pretty dour affair lit up by a moment of magic from Campbell Ryce, who sounded like he had a brilliant game - he seemed to be a constant danger when he had the ball, and it appears he could've  more than his 1 goal. It also sounded like Manny Smith had an excellent game at the back - he seemed to win everything in the air, and the lad Fox also sounded decent. It also appeared that Enoch had a slightly improved performance - at least managing to hold the ball up and bring others into the game. Still think he'd be more effective if he had someone else up top with him though. He gets a lot of injust stick in my view. What can he do with a ball flying at him at real pace if it's not directly to him? I'd actually like to see him and Haynes start a game together up top. Enoch's strength and ability to hold up the play could allow Haynes into the game more, and allow him to use his electric pace to run at defenders. That's how he got his goals for Charlton 

The second half seemed to be mostly Bradford City's half. They seemed to apply a lot of pressure but it sounded like they only really forced Bialkowski into one real save.

Should probably apologise to our neighbours for the loud celebrations when McGregor scored our 2nd to put the game to bed, it was a massive 3 points, especially with Tranmere and Crewe picking up good results. Think its an important psychological boost with us not having a game now until next weekend, and that's another 6 pointer and one which I'll be at Meadow Lane for :D

I suppose the one sad note today is that we may have seen Callum McGregor in a Notts County shirt for the last time, as his loan deal expires this week before the visit of Sheffield United. Shaun Derry has said that both he and Jack Grealish (whose loan expires in the middle of this month) have said that they would like to stay with Notts County, but we'll have to wait and see. I'd be surprised if McGregor hasn't had interest from bigger, higher clubs. If you believe what you read - Peterborough, Preston and Sheffield United are said to be interested. Have to say I'd be incredibly dissapointed if he went to another league one club, although I try not to draw anything into rumours, there's always a million of them.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

3-0! Wow, how about the for an introduction to the 2014! I agree with many of the previous comments before mine, with Liddle and Sheehan being out we did very well. It shows we can stand the test, so this may be another stepping stone?

League Tables updated - I will try to do this each week from now, it's just I do it manually and it takes quite a bit of time due to editing multiple templates. I love it though! It's painful when we're bottom, no motivation but today's different. After the win, I need to update it to place us 23rd. Fingers crossed we can get more out of these upcoming fixtures!

PS. If you look at the stats of the teams around our position, you'll see that we score better on average than the majority of struggling teams and the away form is what's holding us back.

If only some was draws rather than defeats. :)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

If only some was draws rather than defeats.  :)

True, but we need to rejoice in the spotlight that is 3 points! It doesn't happen very often at the moment!

I still think we'll be ok. It might be blind optimism again, but I just can't see us getting relegated.

All we can do is keep everything crossed and look forward to the next 3 points.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Days Won:  17

Mark, who sits in front of us missed it too, Tony. Told him on facebook chat we'd win on Tuesday night, when he told me he wouldn't be there cos he was going to Wales, maybe he needs to keep away too. ;)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Mark, who sits in front of us missed it too, Tony. Told him on facebook chat we'd win on Tuesday night, when he told me he wouldn't be there cos he was going to Wales, maybe he needs to keep away too. ;)

Hi @magpiejue good to see you on here. I reckon there are a few pie fans who will be rueing the fact that they missed the match judging by the attendance. I'll be back to annoy you for the next game :biggrin:

Archived