Match Discussion: Game 32 - The Spitfires (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,243
  • Days Won:  80

Game 32 - The Spitfires (H)

Team: Eastleigh

Date: 14/03/2023

Where: Meadow Lane

Eastleigh_fc.png.c06b00a335c4b94df8f054c

What line-up should Luke Williams opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

last season we had a 2-0 win over them but i am mindful that they can cause problems that prevent chances. they know this league well and wont be push overs. we need to see a strong away performance, at least thats what i hope for.

whatever the outcome, i refuse to feel defeated.

• Like 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  17

I think Luke should put out as strong a team as he can. I don't do score predictions on Notts, but I hope we can take the 3 points. COYP

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Fun fact, the last time more than 1 goal was scored in a game involving Eastleigh was Feb. 21st. A total of 5 games. Eastleigh are a difficult side to beat but Notts won 2-0 at their place in November. I think it will be a very close game. 1-0 to Notts is my prediction. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

Eastleigh is presently positioned 5th in the league, and they are a formidable National League team capable of causing trouble for any opponent if given the opportunity. They managed to secure a 1-0 victory over Oldham and suffered a 1-0 defeat against Yeovil. They appear to perform better when playing on their home turf. I think for Notts to achieve success, we require sparks from Ruben Rodrigues in midfield, and I believe that Matt Palmer can build on his Saturday's performance on Tuesday night, they find us more challenging. Also, I think Evans deserves a chance to start.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I remember the time we played Eastleigh in the National League, they made it extremely difficult but Notts didn't really ask many questions. I don't think that opener was one of our best starts and I remember leaving feeling like Notts had to wake up to the type of position.

Ironically, I think it's generally the type of team we struggle against.

They're quite a tall and physical squad, so we will need to match their intensity. Backing off them will just allow Eastleigh more time to frustrate us. I think we have a good enough squad that will know the warning signs, I just hope they don't clatter some of our defenders. I will say, I think Brooks needs to be protected from the start, as well as Notts did after Dorking's opener. Brooks didn't seem happy with himself, but there were zero things he could've done. Conceding is a huge thing for a young keeper, especially in terms of confidence.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

In my view, while Eastleigh is a good team, I don't think they will be able to match Notts County's quality in this upcoming match. Notts has demonstrated great skill and proficiency in their previous games, and with the added advantage of playing at home, I believe they will emerge victorious. That being said, I am not entirely dismissive of Eastleigh's potential.

Every team has their strengths and weaknesses, and Eastleigh has shown in the past that they can be a formidable opponent. However, I think their playing style might work against them in this match. Their tendency to wait for chances to strike rather than being proactive might play into Notts hands, allowing them to dictate the pace of the game and create opportunities.

• Like 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

I can definitely see how the fact that Wrexham won't be playing until Saturday could add some extra pressure to our upcoming match against Eastleigh. We know that our rivals will be watching closely, and we'll want to make sure we maintain our pressure on them in the league table. At the same time, I think this could also be an opportunity for us narrow the gap on them. If we can come out with a win against Eastleigh, we'll be able to send a message to Wrexham, which could give us a bit of breathing room and make us feel more comfortable in our position just behind them in the league.

Of course, we can't take anything for granted. Every match is a new challenge, and we'll need to be at our best to come out on top against Eastleigh. But as a Notts County fan, I have faith in our team's ability to rise to the occasion and get the job done.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I thought I would add my prediction for tonight, I actually feel like Notts will score early.

With Eastleigh level before the end of the first half, they will probably try to boss us off the ball, but we should be able to find a way to score. I'm going for 2-1, with Ruben opening the score, then later on Chicksen adding a second to win the game. :D

I'll probably be far off, but I don't think we'll run away with it.

20 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Also, I think Evans deserves a chance to start.

He might get a start to save someone else for the weekend's game against Barnet.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  36

Eastleigh don't score very many and their away form isn't that great compared to at home. I think we'll win this 2-0 if we get the bit of luck that we deserve.

Supporter+

Eastleigh fully deserved their lead. County have improved since Eastleigh scored. Eastleigh will most likely be in the playoffs so we can see how difficult it's going to be. 

• Like 1

Supporter+

A vital 3 points. I'd prefer if Notts didn't give the opposition a goal start. It's not good for my blood pressure.....

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  36

Important three points, but  there is a definite theme developing against us by the playoff contenders. They are all starting to adopt the high press and it is unsettling us for the first half of games. The issue for them is that they cannot sustain it for more than 60 minutes, and we are then able to dominate for the latter part of games.

I am worried about our backline though as they are making quite a lot of mistakes recently and a team with a potent strike force could punish us more severely than Eastleigh did. Now Baldwin is injured again, we have to look to bring in cover as I wouldn't want to go into the last half a dozen games with us looking so thin at the back.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i thought the ref made some bizarre calls but instead of being biased, just completely incompetent.

i need to see the highlights to judge the penalty he gave for eastleigh to open up the score, but from what i saw i think it was more them grabbing our players and ours trying to get them off. possibly something they trained on as a way to get a penalty? i think they looked pretty poor. thankfully we had the time and creativity to change the outcome. ruben missing the penalty was a bit of a disappointment but joe mcdonnell did well to make his double save.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,319
  • Days Won:  1

I thought Eastleigh played dirty, not sure how they kept 11 players on the pitch. I thought their manager got sent off, but it was someone else. Notts looked good and managed to score. I was worried after the penalty miss, but we still won!

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

I was ecstatic about Notts County's 3-1 victory over Eastleigh. The match was a true test of the team's grit and determination, with both sides going for it, but I felt Eastleigh went in harder with rough challenges. However, the players showed incredible courage and never-give-up attitude in the second half to secure the win.

One player who truly shone in this match was Rodrigues. He was an unstoppable force on the field and played a critical role in securing the victory for Notts County. His talent and skill were evident throughout the match, and it's clear that he has the potential to be a game-changer in future matches.

Another player who caught my attention was Sam Austin. He was constantly on the move and never stopped running forward or being direct in his approach to the game. He was a constant menace for the opposition and made a significant impact on the match. I strongly believe that he should be given more playing time to help contribute to the team's success.

• Like 1