How did you celebrate Notts County’s promotion to the EFL? Share your stories and photos

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I am still excited from Notts County's incredible promotion to the EFL after that dramatic penalty shootout win over Chesterfield. What a day that was! I'm so proud of our team and our fans for never giving up and showing so much passion and spirit.

I wanted to share with you how I celebrated this historic moment for our club. I watched the game at home, I had a few people over and shown them what a non superbowl event was like. We had a great time singing and chanting as the game unfolded. The atmosphere was electric and we were all nervous but excited.

When the final whistle blew and we had done it, I couldn't believe it. I hugged my friends and neighbours alike, tears in my eyes. We admired the celebrations on the screen from Wembley stadium for a long time, cheering and clapping for our heroes. Then we went to a bar nearby and had a few drinks and more songs. It was one of the best days of my life whilst living away from the UK.

How about you? How did you celebrate Notts County's promotion to the EFL? Did you go to Wembley or watch it on TV? Did you have a party or a quiet night in? Did you cry or scream or both? Share your stories and photos here and let's relive this amazing achievement together!

COYP! 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i jumped into @CliftonMagpie and @TheSkipper, then hugged a random notts fan. people where incredibly supportive, i actually broke down crying and i am not afraid to say it. my emotions came out, i was so relieved. i am thankful that thomas and lewis offered to let me go with them. i think the journey and day was better for all this. we stayed on to watch the players celebrate and made a dash for the coach as we did not want to miss it.

all the fans on the coach where in cloud 9, its the happiest i have seen fans in years. it was such a remarkable experience, it makes you thankful.

i still dont know who the random fan was that i hugged, he seemed just as much surprised we got promoted than i did. it was a great day. this is a great idea!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

8aKGZ6H.jpg

uS0yaY4.jpg

MyS3NK4.jpg

TLVP92Z.jpg

4GsrBkL.jpg

6OOKTLL.jpg

There was a lot of jumping around, shouting, chanting and signing. 🫶🏻🖤🤍

• Love 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

I celebrated by jumping around with @TheSkipper and @liampie. It made the team all the better. There’s a picture of us all together, but I’m not fussed about sharing pictures of myself.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I had a fantastic day out at Wembley with @CliftonMagpie and @liampie. We travelled down in an official coach, and we were so excited and keen to see our team play. The journey was routine, but we had plenty of singing and talking to keep us entertained. When we arrived, we walked around the outside of Wembley and I was amazed by how grand it looked in person. I had been to the stadium when it was first built to watch England, but it had undergone some changes since then. Wembley Way was just an impressive route to go to the stadium, with plenty of Notts fans in good spirit. The match itself was a rollercoaster of emotions. I was jumping around and losing it when Notts scored, and everyone where we were sitting went absolutely crazy. I was thrilled by the fact that we managed to get back on terms twice, after being behind. Unfortunately, it all came down to penalties and I couldn’t bear to watch. I was too nervous and scared of the outcome. I just hoped for the best and prayed for our players.

• Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,961
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I couldn’t get to Wembley so watched it at home with Mrs Fan of Big Tone, it was so exciting we were jumping up and down and cheering every goal, not sure what our neighbours thought, at the end like @liampie I too am not ashamed to say I cried like a baby. 

I had got several bottles of real ale ready to either celebrate or drown my sorrows, thankfully I celebrated and drank far too much, the rest is a blur. 😂

@Chris I can’t believe how @super_pie has grown. It’s great to see he’s still enjoying going to the matches.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,409
  • Days Won:  69

I watched on telly at home on my own but with @GrannyPie's photo near me.I must admit I felt a bit emotional and phoned @Chris at Wembley because I had to share the moment with someone.I hope I can enjoy a promotion for my first team soon but I'd prefer a bit less drama.

• Love 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I was sitting in the yellow Notts County fan zone. It was lively and everyone around me was in good spirits. The atmosphere was tense, but we celebrated each goal as if we had won. The Chesterfield fans did well - I thought they sang more than we did. Thankfully, we won. There were many fist bumps in the air and lots of jumping around. On my way home, I couldn’t stop singing Notts chants!