Is there an EFL streaming service?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,961
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

As I don’t like travelling to away matches, I managed to watch Notts away matches in the National league by using either BT Sport or the National League TV streams, obviously that won’t be available next season in the EFL so I wondered if there was an equivalent service, does anyone know?

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,506
  • Days Won:  287

Yes there is @Fan of Big Tone, it's called iFollow and it started the season we got relegated I think. Different clubs charge different prices, but it tends to be a touch cheaper than National League TV. I'm hoping to hear something from the club soonish!

I'm not sure about domestic streaming though, it might not be available on Saturdays. We'll find out soon enough. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  10,961
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Thanks @DangerousSausage that sounds good, hopefully the club will announce something soon.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  902
  • Days Won:  11

Ifollow used to be awful, losing connection fairly regular, does any know if its got any better. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The IFollow platform isn't particularly bad when it comes to streaming, provided that you have a steady and reliable internet connection. In my experience, I have been able to stream games seamlessly using my mobile phone's data. Additionally, using a wired or Wi-Fi connection has shown significant improvements in the overall quality of the stream. Overall, a stable internet connection is a key factor in enjoying the streaming experience on IFollow without any disruptions.

• Like 4

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We should do what Derby does, they stream their own highlights away from EFL service and @super_ram always praises it.

I haven't subscribed to the PiesPlayer or anything for ages. I tried mentioning in a fan committee at the club that this is lost revenue because I can just rely on YouTube. The extended versions of things are mostly padding; the best bits are always available for free.

I haven't used the IFollow, maybe some of the Italian Magpies have done though.

• Like 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,409
  • Days Won:  69

1 hour ago, Chris said:

We should do what Derby does, they stream their own highlights away from EFL service and @super_ram always praises it.

I haven't subscribed to the PiesPlayer or anything for ages. I tried mentioning in a fan committee at the club that this is lost revenue because I can just rely on YouTube. The extended versions of things are mostly padding; the best bits are always available for free.

I haven't used the IFollow, maybe some of the Italian Magpies have done though.

Yes, @Chris,RamsTV is a great way to watch Derby games but there are broadcasting restrictions e.g. .the Saturday 3pm blackout or ,when  Sky are broadcasting Derby and certain cup games .I always check as some restrictions don't apply. I believe one of  Mel Morris's(Former owner)  ideas was to get all  Derby games  made available via RamsTV rather than through Sky, BBC,BT etc so the revenue generated  went to Derby  and their opponents on that day.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 4everapie said:

Ifollow used to be awful, losing connection fairly regular, does any know if its got any better. 

I subscribed to it from when they started streaming up to relegation. Two seasons I think. It wasn't that great at first, but it improved a lot. We're four years down the line now, so I'll definitely be subscribing and I expect good things.

As an overseas fan, streaming services are an absolute godsend. However, when matches were picked for live Sky coverage, there was no stream even if you were abroad. I wonder if that'll be different now - National League TV showed every match regardless of whether it was on BT Sport.

• Like 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Personally, I am glad to say goodbye to BT Sports and hello to Sky.

I never thought i would say that, but I felt disappointed with BT Sports. Their hidden agendas and biased coverage towards other teams became to the point it wasn't remotely natural at all. Only in spells during this past season did they give us the credit deserved and, that was more them sucking up to us. I would subscribe to the PiesPlayer, but I don't require match coverage and there's not much else worth it on the service.

The IFollow is just games, right? It should be merged into one convenient service, obviously the IFollow is for overseas fans, but still if we had the PiesTV or whatever, we streamed our over games as Derby does then we wouldn't need to worry about anything.

When the team is doing well and fans feel a connection to the club, attendance won't decrease. We could even see an increase in attendance from UK fans who can't attend regularly. I know a friend from Skegness who would love it and more than likely want to come more to home games as a result.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

I subscribed to PiesPlayer for two seasons, but in the end, I regretted it because the content started to slow down. However, the club has shown that they can invest in the service and make it more worthwhile - their coverage of the Wembley match was fantastic. I hope they take some time to reflect on what the service could be and work on improving it. Otherwise, I’ll stick with watching highlights on YouTube.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

It’s not uncommon for fans to use a VPN to get around geographical restrictions and access content that isn’t available in their location. However, I believe that all fans should be treated equally, regardless of where they live. No fan is more important than another just because they live closer to the stadium and can attend matches more frequently.

There are many exiled fans on PON and I have nothing but respect for them. It doesn’t make sense to me that the powers that be would impose these restrictions - there’s no substitute for attending a real game in person! Fans who may not be able to attend matches due to distance or cost deserve the same treatment as everyone else. I don’t think it’s fair that overseas supporters’ groups are given VIP treatment just because they choose to fly over for one game.

• Like 1

It already is @Chris, my iFollow app (I subscribed for radio coverage) carries the tagline "the home of PiesPlayer". So all the PiesPlayer videos and highlights will be available on iFollow, and you'll be able to choose what kind of subscription you want and whether you want streaming.

I've had a look at Luton's offering for this season, they charged 140 pounds for a video season pass for overseas fans and 45 pounds for the (frankly pointless) commentary and highlights package in the UK (most matches aren't streamed in the UK due to the 3pm Saturday blackout and the Sky broadcasting deal). The good news is that they stream midweek matches that are not broadcast live on Sky for 10 pounds apiece in the UK too, so you shouldn't miss out entirely.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Has this been occurring for more than four years? I wasn't aware. I'll subscribe to the service so I can watch every match that isn't broadcast on television, which will allow me to feel better connected to this community.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i for one would not subscribe to ifollow and use a vpn to save money on games, i have renewed my season ticket and my seat cant be replaced. if they cover away games, that might be useful because i work some satrudays and would not be able to get to coaches to travel.

• Like 1