The Weekly 28/5-4/6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  9
  • 𝕏:  twitter Megan_Elizax

Firstly, sorry I missed last week, I totally forgot about it, not going to lie. 

I've had an alright week, been at work for the majority. 

Wednesday, I went to the theatre royal to watch Carlton Operatic Society production of Kinky Boots. Which was a new musical for me to watch and to support local talent. 

Friday me and @ARLukomskiwent to the concert hall for a show. 

Yesterday, we met up with a couple of friends for a meal and a couple of drinks, while enjoying the nice weather. 

How was your week?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Apart from the beginning and end of the week the weather was pretty crap ,so not much gardening.No visits from  @Chris and family  away on holiday but  we did exchange phone  calls and catch up with what they'd been doing.I did get a visit from  @william1984 though with youngest granddaughter,Luna.I'm hoping the warmer weather continues so I can get a bit more garden tidying done.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Since last Saturday, I've been at Skegness. We leave today, though. It's been action packed and really good fun. I'm hoping when we come back in October, @super_ram will be with us. It's been a bit weird for obvious reasons, but we've spoken a lot about happy memories. Went to a pub called The Lookout on Monday, a popular place we spent many years going in. It's somewhere we tend not to go, but we wanted to have a meal and raise a glass in honour of my mum. The weather's been good, we've been mostly on the beach where I like nodding off. 😂 We've also caught many open top buses throughout the week. It's gone very fast, but it's been a joy.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Its been a fun week in skeggy, if only it was much quieter for the first half but its expected with bank holiday really. We've had some good times in arcades, on the beach and wondering around.

• Like 6

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

My week was largely uneventful, with working and general life being the main thing. I didn’t even get up to much this weekend, it’s just been very quiet.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

My week started really well we spent time getting ready for our Corfu holiday, buying clothes, a new suitcase etc. then all our plans were in tatters on Friday when my wife was taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack, so the holiday is now cancelled, there will be others when she’s recovered.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i had work all week, saturday my cousin got married and my family all got together. i managed to survive being collared by my uncle to try different types of whiskeys, sunday was another family. it was great to see everyone, but it was very long and tiring. :( 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I have been advised to rest due to my heart condition. Some days I feel like I would be fine if I hadn't sold my rig and retired. It seems like my body has decided it has had enough. Despite this, I remain optimistic, but I do miss the UK.

I have thought about calling my brother, but we haven't spoken since the 90s. After our parents passed away, I sought a new life in America. I have had contractors in, but I am careful to keep my stress levels low. In the evenings, I sit on the porch overlooking a field that is half mine and half my neighbour's. There is no fence, just one piece of land with a stream at the bottom.

My property is not particularly close to my neighbours' either; our homes are scattered all over. The closest people to me are very kind; they keep bringing me food and checking on me even when I say it's not necessary.

On Wednesday, I received a call about my heart monitor, but so far there is no date for an operation. I am currently taking medication to help lower my blood pressure and relieve stress. I wish I could go for a walk without feeling pain in my chest; it is really taking its toll.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Supporter+

@AmericanPie your problem sounds very similar to my wife’s we went for a short walk yesterday and she had to sit down twice as she was so breathless, she is waiting for a monitor for her heart.

It sounds like you have good neighbours and a lovely property to enjoy, I hope you get the treatment you need soon as once treated it could change your whole outlook, a friend of ours has had a triple heart by pass and he’s like a new man now.

I hope you phone your brother, family is very important and I’m sure if you told your brother about your problems he’d offer support. You also have friends on here to support you, us pies stick together. Keep smiling my friend.

• Love 4

I'm so sorry to read about your health issues  @AmericanPie It must be very difficult for you having no relatives in the US but you do have what seems like very caring neighbours. I don't know the circumstances as to why you haven't spoken to your brother  or why you left the UK but reading between the lines I wonder, is there  a part of you wanting to reconnect ? Why don't you give your brother a ring? You've got nothing to lose but a hell of a lot to gain.I know it probably isn't as simple as that but, having thought about it ,why not take that extra step.  As @Fan of Big Tone says you have friends here on PoN. You took the trouble to PM me when  @GrannyPie passed away and so many PoN members were also a  great comfort. Now it's my/our turn to offer whatever support we can and yes ,keep smiling.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I’m sorry, I found myself in an emotional tangle and I probably shouldn’t have posted what I wrote. It’s just that I am fed up. I thought I was on the road to recovery until my last hospital visit. My neighbours are wonderful people. They’re the ones I purchased Notts shirts for. The couple’s children thought it was cool to be supporting a team competing against Ryan Reynolds, which is pretty sweet. Their oldest also likes that we have black and white stripes. I am thinking of doing the same this year but with the away shirt if it looks nice. Thank you for your kind words and supportive messages @Fan of Big Tone and @super_ram.

Tony, I hope your wife is okay.

• Love 4

Supporter+

No need to apologise @AmericanPie it helps sometimes to unburden yourself.

Its lovely that you neighbours kids are supporting us from over the pond what a nice thing you did to buy the shirts.

My wife’s ok thank you she’s still waiting for more tests and the medication has slowed her heart down so she’s tired all the time but apart from that she’s doing fine.

• Love 3

I'm sorry that I missed this @AmericanPie. I try to go back to topics, but I have to admit I have been busy, though I don't like knowing a member or fan is struggling.

I am pleased with the PON's version of the 'Likely Lads' coming to your aid. I'm not sure which one of them is Bob or which is Terry. This will keep me thinking, now that I've thought of it. I think Super might be Terry, actually. 😂

Ignore my silliness, I just want to add some light humour.

I think you need to rest and maybe give your brother that call, nothing is worth leaving to the last minute. When things like this crop up, it's usually a good time to reach out and put differences aside. Holding onto hurt or grudges leads to more unhappiness. Sometimes rekindling a relationship can make the biggest difference. By all means, drop me a PM. I would love to chat with you more. I always tell people I am a good listener, but my advice isn't always the best. Though @Megan_Elizax and @ARLukomski may vouch for me.

To be honest, I would welcome the chat myself as since my holiday things have been a little different. I'll send you one! ♥

• Love 2

Supporter+
56 minutes ago, Chris said:

I am pleased with the PON's version of the 'Likely Lads' coming to your aid. I'm not sure which one of them is Bob or which is Terry. This will keep me thinking, now that I've thought of it. I think Super might be Terry, actually. 😂

:rollonfloorlaughing::rollonfloorlaughing:

Im not sure about that, more like Compo and Clegg from the Last of the Summer Wine. 😜

@super_ram is Compo of course. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Im not sure about that, more like Compo and Clegg from the Last of the Summer Wine. 😜

Compo doesn't quite fit, more like 'Eli'. 😏

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

51 minutes ago, Chris said:

Compo doesn't quite fit, more like 'Eli'. 😏

Pair of cheeky buggers but @GrannyPie used to call me Victor Meldrew  as in 'One foot in the grave'

• Haha 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

On 09/06/2023 at 03:20, AmericanPie said:

I’m sorry, I found myself in an emotional tangle and I probably shouldn’t have posted what I wrote. It’s just that I am fed up. I thought I was on the road to recovery until my last hospital visit. My neighbours are wonderful people. They’re the ones I purchased Notts shirts for. The couple’s children thought it was cool to be supporting a team competing against Ryan Reynolds, which is pretty sweet. Their oldest also likes that we have black and white stripes. I am thinking of doing the same this year but with the away shirt if it looks nice. Thank you for your kind words and supportive messages @Fan of Big Tone and @super_ram.

Tony, I hope your wife is okay.

Hey there! Where in the good ol’ US of A do you hail from? Shoot me a private message please, trust me, it’ll be worth your while. And hey, take care of yourself, alright?

• Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

Thursday, I went out with a group of friends for a few drinks and to catch up. Saturday and Sunday, I spent out enjoying the sun. I had a walk near to the Embankment and went with a female friend.

• 2 months later...

On 15/06/2023 at 22:18, Dry Nelson Ray said:

Hey there! Where in the good ol’ US of A do you hail from? Shoot me a private message please, trust me, it’ll be worth your while. And hey, take care of yourself, alright?

I appreciate it. Initially, I was uncertain about this situation, but I wanted to express my gratitude for your kind gesture. The children of my neighbours were genuinely appreciative, and especially during my health concern, it was heartening to witness them being recognised in this manner.

• Like 1