Weekend Plans 10th/11th June

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well I hope my weekend is better than last weekend, which was spent in A&E with my wife.

This morning I am doing my Park Run which is 5k run around West Park Long Eaton, it’s their 8th birthday so there will be cake. Whoo hoo!

This afternoon we are going with the family to see “Ocean at the End of the Lane” at the theatre daahling!

It’s our sons birthday treat so afterwards the whole family are going for a curry on probably the hottest day of the year.  Tomorrow it’s a day of relaxation.

What have you got planned this weekend?

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

West Park is lovely, when visiting Kate's side of the family we sometimes go there when it's warm.

I had the urge to go see my old man today, unfortunately nobody would come with me. Kate's unwell with migraines, Ava wanted to rest, Jake was doing college work between mostly gaming and Ellie was about to eat. I had a nice time, even though we both became a little emotional talking about Skegness. I very much wanted to ensure my mum made it, I was determined to help her, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. In October, we are hoping Super comes with us.

Following my family holiday, my body compelled me to rest due to the high activity level, resulting in a few days of feeling unwell, ultimately causing a delay in my ability to reunite with him.

Provided the weather is nice tomorrow, Jake, myself and my brother should be going for a walk.

I can't imagine where we would end up again, *cough *cough @super_ram. Even if Wally won't go, I'll make Jake come. :D 

• Like 5
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i have been gardening today, for the most part. just tidying things and cutting the bushes and hedge back. it looks a lot neater, not that everything was overgrown but it should stop some of the disapproving looks i notice. front garden is lethal with the way it catches the sun, the backgarden is very shaded, once i finished i just sat in the back garden with my phone browsing sites.

it was that nice i thought about buying a hammock to put between two trees. :D 😛 

tomorrow i am at my mums.

• Like 8

Supporter+

Today was definitely better than last week, we went to the theatre to watch the play which was a bit weird to be honest but I probably should have read the book first, my wife and the rest of the family enjoyed it although grandson Fred thought it was too loud.

We decided on a French restaurant in Nottingham instead of a curry, we had lovely meals, Grandson George tried snails and thought they were great, he’s game for anything that lad. 😆

• Like 8

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

I had my children over, we caught up and they left about half 4 and 5pm. It was good to see them, as it has been awhile. I feel lost with all this Saturday's wondering what to do, my wife is already trying to get me out of the house and to find new hobbies.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  5

I had a nice day in Bromley on today. I had breakfast at The Lavender House, then went to the Churchill Theatre to see a play. I liked the actors and the story. I had lunch at Tamasha, a good Indian place. Then I walked in the park and saw some ducks. I had a beer at The Partridge and met some friendly people.

• Like 7

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I did nothing of any interest, I just enjoyed the sunshine and the nicest day we’ve had for ages. Tomorrow, I think I will be more proactive. I’ll come back and update this, you have to enjoy the sunshine at times like this. Don’t you agree?

• Like 5

Supporter+
9 hours ago, TheSkipper said:

I did nothing of any interest, I just enjoyed the sunshine and the nicest day we’ve had for ages. Tomorrow, I think I will be more proactive. I’ll come back and update this, you have to enjoy the sunshine at times like this. Don’t you agree?

Definitely agree we don’t get enough warm and sunny days in this country so it’s good to just enjoy them when the arrive.

We are going to bbq our tea tonight and sit out in the sun a bit but don’t forget the sun cream and hats folks, skin cancer can strike many years after, as I have found to my cost, thankfully it was treated and I have a crater in my head where it was dug out. :panic:

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I went to Skegness yesterday for a day trip with my family. It was scorching hot and quite busy as expected with the warm weather. Today, I am trying to keep cool while watching videos.

• Like 4

Supporter+
28 minutes ago, Joshua said:

I went to Skegness yesterday for a day trip with my family. It was scorching hot and quite busy as expected with the warm weather. Today, I am trying to keep cool while watching videos.

Nice on @joshua it makes a change for Skeggy to be hot, I’m glad you had a nice day. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,770
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

It's only open for 1 day a year... fantastic, recommend to go next year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxstoke_Castle

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I worked, I am a security guard in Nottingham on the graveyard shift. Though I can't go into the inner workings of the location, I can say it is a rather eerie experience. The darkness and silence were only punctuated by the occasional rustling of the leaves or the creaking of a fence. I have to remained alert throughout the night, knowing that my vigilance was crucial for the safety of the premises. Nothing ever happens at this location, it's rather spooky though.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

@liampie, try to garden when it’s either early between 8-10 am or in the evening when the sun is starting to come down. You should find the sun less bothersome without it being at its warmest.

@Piethagoram, that is a stunning castle; it looks fully intact! The only castles I have seen have been rebuilt or are ruins. That and fake, as there are some buildings in the States designed to look like castles. Well, what Americans think they look like.

Nothing from @super_ram? I am even more disappointed now.

Weekends are becoming like Groundhog Day for me; nothing much of anything. I am trying to deal with my health insurance; you know those obnoxious people at the end of the phone who are telling you that they are there to help but fail to listen? I wonder if they realise how unhelpful that is. You would think it’s a test to see how many departments you can be put through to and then back to the previous one that transferred your call. It’s like some sort of phone Super Mario, with their own aim to cause me as much stress as humanly possible. I have decided to write them a letter instead; failing to kill me via phone makes me feel slightly clever to return them 3 pages of a complaint and letter about why I am contacting them in the first place. The time it takes someone to read it won’t be nearly as long as I were on the calls. I’ve decided to pay the expense to go to hospital out of my own money privately, but I won’t be letting my insurance company think I won’t get what I am entitled to.

Now my rant is over; I can say I spent most of the weekend penning the complaint and letter. Otherwise, I don’t move out of sheer delight; I don’t like to do anything right now.

• Love 1