The Super Ram Appreciation Discussion

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm mostly likely going to be told off for writing this, but I feel like the community needs to know just how much my dad has helped. I stepped away from the site and everything to do with it, I needed that time. When I returned, the site needed so much work, and they required a lot of work. I asked Super if he could help me to renew things, plus finding a new social media tool to use as the last one increased to $20 per month.

It just becomes out of reach, I was bouncing from options to options. I have using Facebook's way of posting to the PON page.

This belief gave me the shove I needed to get back into my 5th gear, fueled by encourage of GP (before) and knowing my dad was right behind me. I slowly got everything back to how it should be, well most. There are a few things still pending but without my dads support it would have been a lot slower. I'm also not sure, if it would've made me want to go that extra mile.

Some of the statuses via PON are hitting big numbers, 150+300. A Tony Hateley post has gone semi viral, it keeps getting 3 5o 5 comments per day. 😂

Not only does @super_ram contribute to the site, but he has it's back, and he often says that people care or are interested in him. Many of the members have gotten to know Super, alongside Granny and credit is deserved to be paid forward. It's not just in regard to helping support PON's future, it's about his encouragement, love and enjoyment from being involved in his adopted club.

Thank you, dad. ❤🔥🥳

• Love 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

That’s a great post @Chris your dad obviously wants to support his lad in everything he does the same as any father would, I’m sure he is proud of what you have achieved.

@super_ram is a great asset to the site for which we should all be grateful. 

He’s also good for winding up as well. :biggrin:
I love the banter I have with him.

• Love 8
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Super has always been very kind and supportive; I joined here very young and through our interactions, I also look forward to seeing what he says. I felt the same about Granny but don’t want to bring too much of that up. I would like @super_ram to know I value his kindness and consider him to be a friend even though we haven’t met. Maybe one time at Notts? I hope so. Thanks for being Super, Super Ram!

• Like 1
  • Love 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

@super_ram is the glue of PON; I look forward to seeing what he says and he looks after us all like we have known each other for years. I know Lewis and Liam feel the same; Liam especially feels like Super is family because he often says it when we are together.

It’s nice that Super is involved; I think the banter between him and others is great; I have even started joining in. Thanks for all you do, Super. I don’t think you realise just how much you are part of the fixtures and fittings on PON.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,347
  • Days Won:  1

Well said, @Chris. I think your dad is a real shining light for the community. His friendly comments and wit are something that brightens up conversations. @super, don’t be so modest. People here appreciate you. Thanks for all you have done to help PON.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  525

There haven’t been many interactions between me and @super_ram, but I can appreciate his efforts and do think he adds character to the community. There used to be a few fans outside of Notts when I joined that would post; Super being the one who stood out. Him and @Fan of Big Tone are two peas in a pod.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

@B&Wstripes Two peas in a pod? Boy, it's almost a love story. 😂

Super has always appreciated Tony, they go way back to the earlier days of the PON site. He was the 4th musketeer, to the Three Amigos.  😏🙄

I should tell him more often that he's great, but I'm concerned that it would be like helium to a balloon and make his head too big. :D 

• Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

Supporter+
32 minutes ago, B&Wstripes said:

Him and @Fan of Big Tone are two peas in a pod.

I’m the more handsome pea, @super_ram is one of those hard shrivelled up ones. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  874

He’s a good contributor to the site and it’s sometimes nice to have someone from the outside give a different opinion. He’s the type of person I would say hello to if I saw him in person. He seems like a decent person and a friendly Rams fan.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

@super_ram is great, i love reading his posts and the banter is something that the sites missed for ages. the prediction league used to make me smile with @DangerousSausage getting comments about the teams he would choose. just like @Joshua, i feel the same feel i have grown to know :super:🐏 and his family very well. i have mentioned before i dont have many friends from my school days, too many people thought i was weird and special (not in a good way). but it takes really nice people to put that faith in you, that it helps you come out and as i write this i am tearful. i think the world of the late @GrannyPie, but i am pleased to know super and i like him equally. super has always been supportive, always correcting me when i doubt myself and that had been drilled into my most of life life so i am glad that someone thinks otherwise.

i dont care if hes a derby fan, i respect derby because of it and wish them well. i know secretly he is more a pie than a ram, hence why he is here and cheers us all up. i hope this does the same to him because hes a great person.

thank you for making sure @Chris got the help he needed, i did not know completely and i think its amazing of you.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think I've seen him with Chris at a game. But I'm glad he helped PON and Chris. I joined because I wanted to get to know other fans better. It sounds like Chris is kind like his dad. I'm sad about Granny Pie. I saw her name on the scoreboard before the game we lost to Dagenham & Redbridge. I didn't know at the time. 😔

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

6 hours ago, Chris said:

I'm mostly likely going to be told off for writing this, but I feel like the community needs to know just how much my dad has helped. I stepped away from the site and everything to do with it, I needed that time. When I returned, the site needed so much work, and they required a lot of work. I asked Super if he could help me to renew things, plus finding a new social media tool to use as the last one increased to $20 per month.

It just becomes out of reach, I was bouncing from options to options. I have using Facebook's way of posting to the PON page.

This belief gave me the shove I needed to get back into my 5th gear, fueled by encourage of GP (before) and knowing my dad was right behind me. I slowly got everything back to how it should be, well most. There are a few things still pending but without my dads support it would have been a lot slower. I'm also not sure, if it would've made me want to go that extra mile.

Some of the statuses via PON are hitting big numbers, 150+300. A Tony Hateley post has gone semi viral, it keeps getting 3 5o 5 comments per day. 😂

Not only does @super_ram contribute to the site, but he has it's back, and he often says that people care or are interested in him. Many of the members have gotten to know Super, alongside Granny and credit is deserved to be paid forward. It's not just in regard to helping support PON's future, it's about his encouragement, love and enjoyment from being involved in his adopted club.

Thank you, dad. ❤🔥🥳

You are right about being told off but  it's  very good of you to publicly thank me.It's also completely unnecessary as I know you don't take my help (or anyone elses) for granted.I know Cheeky gets on to you not to ask for help but ignore her (like you usually do)Lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I’m the more handsome pea, @super_ram is one of those hard shrivelled up ones. :rollonfloorlaughing:

It's  @Fan of Big Tone's brain that's shrivelled( better change the subject now):angel:

4 hours ago, thommo said:

He’s a good contributor to the site and it’s sometimes nice to have someone from the outside give a different opinion. He’s the type of person I would say hello to if I saw him in person. He seems like a decent person and a friendly Rams fan.

I am @thommo,so hello  to you.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, liampie said:

@super_ram is great, i love reading his posts and the banter is something that the sites missed for ages. the prediction league used to make me smile with @DangerousSausage getting comments about the teams he would choose. just like @Joshua, i feel the same feel i have grown to know :super:🐏 and his family very well. i have mentioned before i dont have many friends from my school days, too many people thought i was weird and special (not in a good way). but it takes really nice people to put that faith in you, that it helps you come out and as i write this i am tearful. i think the world of the late @GrannyPie, but i am pleased to know super and i like him equally. super has always been supportive, always correcting me when i doubt myself and that had been drilled into my most of life life so i am glad that someone thinks otherwise.

i dont care if hes a derby fan, i respect derby because of it and wish them well. i know secretly he is more a pie than a ram, hence why he is here and cheers us all up. i hope this does the same to him because hes a great person.

thank you for making sure @Chris got the help he needed, i did not know completely and i think its amazing of you.

Ram first!!!!!!  @liampie but hopefully a honorary pie fan second (and PoN member)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Whatever he says, secretly he will feel happy to be appreciated and that's what matters.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Whatever he says, secretly he will feel happy to be appreciated and that's what matters.

Yes @Chris you are correct.I was grateful for the support from members when your mum passed away.That really helped me.When I came on here this evening , after the test match ended ,and I saw the lovely comments,  well,I admit I did become emotional.So much so that I came off PoN for a while to gather my thoughts.I remembered when you first asked me to help, when you first started PoN. I was concerned there would be nutters on here and I wouldn't be accepted.Well I was right about the nutters(but they are mostly nice ones)but so very wrong about being accepted.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

If someone is up for a laugh, shows support and treats people how they want to be treated, they’re a good person in my book. I don’t want Super to get ahead of himself, but I think he’s a highly respectable member and what the old lot called a PON original. He belongs here and it’s good to see. So thank you, @super_ram.

3 minutes ago, super_ram said:

Well I was right about the nutters(but they are mostly nice ones)but so very wrong about being accepted.

Charming, you get paid a complaint and you call some or all of nutters. Let me tell you, I don't like nuts. 😝

• Haha 2

Supporter+
6 minutes ago, allardyces tash said:

Charming, you get paid a complaint and you call some or all of nutters. Let me tell you, I don't like nuts. 😝

There’s only one person he was referring to and the sentiment is mutual. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

There’s only one person he was referring to and the sentiment is mutual. :rollonfloorlaughing:

OK put the cap on @Fan of Big Tone:rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 2

Supporter+
3 minutes ago, super_ram said:

OK put the cap on @Fan of Big Tone:rollonfloorlaughing:

Ok hang on………

oh yes it fits perfectly. 😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Ok hang on………

oh yes it fits perfectly. 😂

Must be big then.:rollonfloorlaughing::rollonfloorlaughing::rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 2

Supporter+

While we are on the subject of @super_ram I hope he doesn’t mind me telling a funny story about him.

I think it may have been the first time I’d met him in person, @Chris arranged for PoN to have an executive box at a Notts match, I was a moderator on here at the time and was invited along with other mods and of course @super_ram.

I honestly can’t remember the match but it was a lovely way to watch a match @PTID1862 smuggled some real ale in and we were having a good time.

During the match the ref made a controversial decision and @super_ram was so incensed he shouted at the ref even though we were in a box, as he shouted the bottom set of his false teeth shot out and landed on the table, quick as a flash he put them back in, I politely pretended not to notice and I don’t think anyone else did either, so @super_ram your secret is safe with me. :joker:

• Haha 3

Being right near, @super_ram I did notice, but I'm very good at not drawing attention to things like this. I did chuckle, and I remember my dad asking what I was laughing at, after he had regained composure and a short time later.

See this is further proof that backs up the conspiracy theory put out by @CliftonMagpie and @liampie that he secretly supports Notts as is first team.

• Love 1

Supporter+
2 hours ago, Chris said:

See this is further proof that backs up the conspiracy theory put out by @CliftonMagpie and @liampie that he secretly supports Notts as is first team.

Oh yes he was very vocal as I remember he’s definitely a closet pie. :joker:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

@Chris @Fan of Big Tone i bet he was yelling at the players, shouting what are you doing and to shoot, you know on the crest of every emotion during the game. my dad and uncle are the same, they come back from games saying to me that notts played well, but will point out a certain moment and tell me that this should have been done. then say something about forest, i will joke about notts and he will say i like county but i am a red son.

once you experience notts, its hard not to be come invested.