The Super Ram Appreciation Discussion

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Being right near, @super_ram I did notice, but I'm very good at not drawing attention to things like this. I did chuckle, and I remember my dad asking what I was laughing at, after he had regained composure and a short time later.

See this is further proof that backs up the conspiracy theory put out by @CliftonMagpie and @liampie that he secretly supports Notts as is first team.

Meadow Lane is the first AWAY ground I ever visited,way back in the 1950's.Please note the emphasis on AWAY ground.:super::sheep:

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

@liampie Your Dad’s a r*d? :o I’d leave home mate……… oh you have.:goodjob:

• Haha 3

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

24 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@liampie Your Dad’s a r*d? :o I’d leave home mate……… oh you have.:goodjob:

unfortunately, yes. but he has been a season ticket holder at notts with my uncle for the past 3 seasons i think. he had been going to games the season we were relegated from the football league, at first it was for support because of the ah situation but i think hes enjoyed it.

i did not take you post wrong or anything, but my parents are separated and its fine. :) 

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

Supporter+
6 minutes ago, liampie said:

i did not take you post wrong or anything, but my parents are separated and its fine. :) 

Sorry to hear that @liampie 

• Love 2

33 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Sorry to hear that @liampie 

no need to be sorry, i just thought i would mention it. it does not bother me that it happened, i still see both of my parents. :) 

• Love 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Regular members might not see it, but I do.

@super_ram is always trying to get us to talk and encourages the good side of being a community. I value his membership here. He gives us an outside perspective which has been mentioned, I know. Although, I would add that it’s clear Super feels comfortable with us, and he has shown an interest in the team.

I think we can take for granted what others do. I know the Gaffer is always trying to praise and give credit out when it’s due, but I feel we have neglected to give Super Ram his turn. I wouldn’t like to see PON in a state of repair and buggy, so thank you for helping, Super Ram! We do appreciate what you do.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

You seem much happier, @super_ram, since your sparring partner has returned. I’m glad that someone is bringing laughter to the site.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JIMBO said:

You seem much happier, @super_ram, since your sparring partner has returned. I’m glad that someone is bringing laughter to the site.

Laughter is the best medicine  @JIMBO  There are a lot of members who add a bit of humour to their posts.They brighten my day up and I hope I sometimes brighten their day up .Also the number of articles and subject posts has increased which ,as a Ram ,gives me more choice to reply to.I can't always give a honest opinion, if I haven't seen a game, but I can give an opinion if it is football or life in general.I'm also happy to see members like your good self posting regularly

• Like 2

Supporter+
9 minutes ago, super_ram said:

Laughter is the best medicine  @JIMBO 

You’re spot on there @super_ram it really is good medicine 

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-health/laughter-is-the-best-medicine.htm

• Love 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392

@super_ram

The American language will get me here, but I appreciate you, fella. I’m just a random bit of text on a screen, but I feel like you are a friend across the ocean. I wish you nothing but happiness. As a senior member of PON, you have my respect and gratitude for being the way you are with each and every member. There’s no difference; you are kind to all, and that’s what makes you Super. In another life, we may have met in person when I lived near Alfreton.

• Like 3

Ay up,( good old English)  @AmericanPie, I hope you are feeling better and life is improving after your recent health issues.I appreciated your PM's you sent me and the chats we had when  @GrannyPie passed away. Although separated by the Atlantic I still  consider you a mate and can imagine enjoying a few pints with you in the Cross Keys,Swanwick. Thank you..

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

For about 4 years, @cheeky~k8 has been struggling with her hearing. Initially, it was tolerable, but as time went on, my worries grew exponentially. For three years, Kate tirelessly sought answers to the cause of her recurrent ear infections, as well as the debilitating symptoms of headaches and dizziness. Obtaining medication for her ear infections has always been a struggle; however, a year and a half ago she began receiving antibiotics.

ENT instantly discharged her about 2 years ago, saying it was "just hearing loss."

Unfortunately, we recently found out that Kate does have permanent hearing loss and there's nothing that can be done. The only thing which will improve and keep her lifestyle the way it should be, is to have hearing aids. The NHS don't easily give these, they also wouldn't help with avoiding the chances of dementia, depression and complete hearing loss.

What's this got to do with my dad? ❤

He's kindly paid for the hearing aids, so that things improve to the standard it can and avoid further damage. I told @GrannyPie earlier by her grave and I felt as if she was telling me to insist Kate isn't so stubborn with being throbbed off. I am grateful to my dad and Hidden Hearing for helping Kate and finally discovering what has been happening. Though the doctors and NHS could have done better.

I couldn't imagine having headaches and migraines for 11 years, 4 of which have been bad with the hearing loss.

Can I get some round of applause for the real hero? :super: 🐏

• Love 7

👏🏻👏🏻nice of you super, i know how much Kate meant to granny pie but preserving her hearing is an incredibly kind gesture. stoke city, who? super ram 2-1. 🙌🏻🏳️🏴

Man Of Steel Ok GIF

@cheeky~k8 feel free to turn it off when @Chris is talking notts or rambling on. 🙄😂

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I know part of the headache issue is my sinusitis but hearing getting worse in 4years is quite annoying when no matter what i did, nothing was done about my hearing. I'm finally getting somewhere with ENT with my sinuses ( allbeit slowly) but nothing with my hearing unless i went to a private place. I'm very grateful of @super_ram for helping by paying for them as we have a new boiler to pay for so cannot afford both.

Its so weird being able to hear conversations properly and other things at all.

• Love 6

Supporter+

That’s really good of you @super_ram I know @GrannyPie would have approved. 

You don’t appreciate your hearing until you lose it, I remember my young niece who was born with a hearing deficiency, she had a cochlear implant and afterwards she said to my mam “grandma I can hear the birds sing”, it made my mam cry to think she’d never heard them before and now she could.

@cheeky~k8 I know you’ll really find your hearing aid helpful, good luck.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

You’re all super in my eyes, but Super Ram, that is a nice gesture to look after your daughter-in-law and to make sure her hearing doesn’t get worse. I’m aware that you and Granny took her in when Chris and Cheeky were young, so she must mean a lot to you. I didn’t think my respect for you could get any higher, but I believe it has.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

@Fan of Big Tone Yeah it was overwhelming when i heard things i hadnt heard for ages so it would of been amazing for your niece and mum. One thing i will need to get used to is air conditioning because currently i don't like the sound, i wondered what it was when i first heard it. Hearing the trees in the wind was weird and birds, but i will get used to it. Actually being able to hear a conversation in busy places will be very helpful.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,347
  • Days Won:  1

Family is everything, isn’t it, @super_ram? It’s really nice of you to help and provide @cheeky~k8 with what she needs. I hope karma comes back to you and brings you the happiness you deserve

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 16/06/2023 at 21:51, super_ram said:

You are right about being told off but  it's  very good of you to publicly thank me.It's also completely unnecessary as I know you don't take my help (or anyone elses) for granted.I know Cheeky gets on to you not to ask for help but ignore her (like you usually do)Lol

Now you're` both going to be told off when you come round !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  5

@super_ram

Just accept that it means a lot to both of them, it’s an honourable gesture and you can see how much it means. I would nod and tip my hat if I were wearing one.

• Like 1
  • Love 1