Vicky McClure

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I can imagine it being something like this: "Ah, that Vicky McClure as Detective Inspector Kate Fleming, she should have caught on sooner! Line of Duty is just like those darn Hollywood blockbusters with their car crashes, explosions and panned out drama." 😂😂😂

Joking aside, she does a lot of good for charities I really care about myself.

The interview towards the end, where she speaks about being a slow reader and not getting many GCSE's is typical for that point in time, she's done well with her career and people who have learning difficulites will hopefully learn that they can make something of themselves, you always learn in life and your school years don't define you as a person. You define yourself by taking account and learnng from first hand experiences.

• Haha 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I watched “My Grandads War” which was very moving and a great peace of television, her Grandad is a Notts fan and that’s why Vicky is also. I urge anyone to watch the programme it’ll be on iPlayer and if you don’t get a lump in your throat and watery eyes there’s something wrong with you.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

@Fan of Big Tone yes, its heartbreaking.

i have seen a few documentaries about it, one was on the bbc following a married couple. the husband had recently been diagnosed and his son started filming it from that moment. i think his son said he worked in production, but it showed how it took effect and slowly turned him into someone they barely recognised. His wife was very supportive, but ended up needing to get him into a care home due to violence and anger. it unfolded and was very unpleasant to watch. i think they divorced but she still went to see him, he did not know what was happening and felt he had been abandoned. that he could not figure out what he had done wrong.

im incorrect, it was his grandfather.

• Like 4

Supporter+

@liampie Vicky’s Grandad hasn’t got dementia he’s in his 90s but he’s very much got all his marbles. It’s lovely to see his relationship with his granddaughter, the sad parts of the film are as she takes him to France and he talks about what they went through as soldiers landing on the beaches of Normandy, it’s unimaginable.

Then they go to the war graves and see the names of thousands and thousands of his compatriots who died. So sad.

Going back to Vicky her award from the King is well deserved for her dementia work unlike the awards handed out by Boris to his mates who have done nothing but be his mate. 

• Love 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Yes, her work with dementia has been important and her grandfather’s condition is touching. It’s awful when it affects people’s lives beyond just the one person. It’s like seeing the person die on the inside while still alive, taking every bit of whom the person is and what makes them special to the point they don’t know you and you see how badly things have changed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Supporter+

My mother had dementia in the last years of her life it was awful to see her deteriorate into someone who didn’t even know her own son, I used to visit her and just hold her hand that’s all I could do, she had no idea who I was, it was awful. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

Notts County should be proud of Vicky too. She’s done some amazing work and she’s lifted the profile of the team among women and girls. The dementia work motivated by her grandfather has been very touching.

• Like 3

Supporter+
7 hours ago, upthepies said:

The dementia work motivated by her grandfather has been very touching.

It was motivated by her late grandmother who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, her grandad who featured in My Grandads War is as sharp as a button.

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

I got it mixed up, but you’re correct, Tony.

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I am not familiar with her story about dementia or how it affected her grandmother. However, any effort to raise awareness and funds for this cause deserves recognition.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It’s lovely to know that Vicky has been doing work in honour of her grandmother and has been helping others. It’s a noble thing to do and only right to be mentioned with praise.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

Vicky's work with others who have been through what she did with her grandmother is a very kind act. She met with a group in Wollaton and offered them help, which I thought was amazing when I read about it. She's a gem for sure, with a heart of gold. She might say it's her line of duty after what her grandmother went through, but anyone raising funds that go to help others and promote awareness etc. is a touching thing.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,726
  • Days Won:  27

I don’t know much about Vicky McClure’s work with dementia, but it’s good to see people involved in promoting awareness. @Fan of Big Tone, I’m sorry to hear about your mum. It must be difficult to cope with and very upsetting. :(

• Like 1

Supporter+

Thank you @CliftonMagpie it was over 20 years ago so not recent but the memory still hurts as I said it is the cruelest of diseases and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

• Sad 1