• 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 7
  • Surprised 1
  • Confused 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

It makes sense to switch John Bostock, but I would have thought it could have been done before the first announcement of the squad numbers.

• Like 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I am a bit unsure why it has happened or even been announced; it could simply have been mentioned eventually. I see the insertion of information about getting names on the back, but I am not sure it’s appropriate enough for that to be slipped in for the sake of selling a few names.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

They appear happy, and I have a feeling that one of them may have requested the change. I am not certain why; perhaps John Bostock previously had the number? It could also be that the club requested the switch. Regardless, it is not a major issue.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

in a traditional numbering system it makes sense, john bostock is highly likely to feature a lot more than geraldo bajrami. other than that it makes little interest because it does make much difference in modern football.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  881
  • Days Won:  1

At the time, I thought the numbers should have been reversed. I believed the club might have given Tiernan Brooks a lower number and assigned his current number to Aidan Stone. I prefer the old way, where numbers 1-11 were assigned to players expected to be regular starters. It makes sense, but it’s not particularly newsworthy.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

Before announcing the numbers next time, Notts might want to ask if anyone wants to swap beforehand, and then it saves a lot of hassle. Imagine if you rushed out to get their name and number on the back of your new shirt! I can see fans wanting John Bostock on their shirts; it would have been trouble.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have seen clubs in the past make changes after signing a player and therefore had to reimburse fans for their purchases due to the numbers changing. It's happened more than once, so I think we've been lucky because I have seen a fair amount of shirts with Bostock on the back.

That said, I think most fans wouldn't mind.

Both players seem to be happy switching numbers, hopefully nobody else changes from here, or it could become confusing. 😂

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I can understand the concerns over the shirts being printed on Notts shirts, but I don’t think it’s that much of an issue. I would guess that John Bostock asked for the lower number, but at least both players seem happy.