Weekend Plans Friday 18th - Sunday 20th August

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,960
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning, the weekend is here, a joyous time for those working, even though I’m retired I still treat weekends as special.

What plans have you all got this weekend or if you’re reading this late what did you do?

Today is set to be wet so I don’t suppose I will be going far, tonight’s tea will be one to look forward to, Mrs. T is doing one of her famous home made curries, Chicken Jalfrezi.

Tomorrow I’ll be doing the 5k Park Run at Long Eaton then listening to Notts commentary.

Sunday we are going to our sons house for a bbq and to watch the Lionesses in the World Cup Final. Our son and family are returning from a holiday in Croatia so it’ll be great to see the grandkids and give them their Notts shirts which they’ve been looking forward to.

Whats everyone else up to?

• Like 6

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Off to Skeggy tonight for the weekend with wife and kids. So hopefully the weather stays as nice as its supposed to be. 

My wife's friend has got a caravan with no bookings this weekend so she's offered it to us for nothing and even offered to drive us down and pick us up as she has to go there at some point anyway. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

@KB1862 have a good time, hope the weather is nice for you.

today i am finishing up work as per usual, i need to go to morrisons for my mum when i finish. then i will be staying at my mums until tomorrow. it makes things easier to pick up @CliftonMagpie.

saturday i am off to doncaster for my first visit there. so far, i have made all the away games which is a first for me too. i am looking forward to seeing notts play in a modern stadium is not that far from nottingham. i hear the area is quite nice, so that will be something to check out before the game.

sunday, i will be going to see my uncle and aunt.

• Like 7

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am constantly writing and doing graphical things today, @cheeky~k8 isn't feeling so great, so I am making it a habit to go downstairs to check on her. She looks after me, so it's the least I can do for her. Hopefully, the kids will also make a fuss of her - although I am sure @super_pie won't leave his bedroom for much.

I am really enjoying the content flow right now, it's good to have some of the old features back and once the season really does get underway - I plan to look at others and ask some of the members who enjoy writing if they would like to take on assignments. I still have features to publish, but I really need to find time to generate some fresh content too. I haven't had as much time to focus on this, hence why I appreciate @TheSkipper's involvement with this.

Tomorrow I will be going to Doncaster, I won't be taking my camera, but I may take some fan pictures like I did at Wembley with my phone.

It all depends on the day, how I feel and the weather of course.

I do want to engage with fans I know, as I miss talking to them and I realise having spoken to my counsellor via the phone just how much their support helps me and, just how much it's important for me to make that effort when and where I can. It should be a cracking day out!

Sunday, I will visit @super_ram no matter what. If it's slinging it down with rain, I'll drag myself there and probably the gaming lurker I mentioned earlier.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

I didn't accomplish much on Friday. On Saturday, I visited Doncaster and had an enjoyable away day. The weather was pleasant, the team spirit was high, and Notts delivered an impressive performance. I even had the opportunity to witness the team coach arriving, which turned into a fun moment with @liampie and @TheSkipper.

On Sunday, I journeyed to Chester to spend time with family members. Since then, I have been incredibly occupied.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I've been getting ready for university, which has kept me quite occupied. Apart from watching Notts, I haven't had much opportunity for anything else. Friday and Sunday were mainly spent organizing things, getting prepared for today.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I have been focusing on taking things slowly. Some may have noticed that I haven’t been on much. That is due to me spending a bit of time in the Florida Keys. It’s one of the most beautiful places I have been to, which is a nice change because I haven’t had many chances to have a vacation. I went to Mexico before with my neighbours in their RV. Health-wise, I still have issues, but I am focusing on living. I won’t go into that.

On 18/08/2023 at 07:47, Fan of Big Tone said:

Today is set to be wet so I don’t suppose I will be going far, tonight’s tea will be one to look forward to, Mrs. T is doing one of her famous home made curries, Chicken Jalfrezi.

Tomorrow I’ll be doing the 5k Park Run at Long Eaton then listening to Notts commentary.

Sunday we are going to our sons house for a bbq and to watch the Lionesses in the World Cup Final. Our son and family are returning from a holiday in Croatia so it’ll be great to see the grandkids and give them their Notts shirts which they’ve been looking forward to.

You have more BBQs than Hank Hill. You didn’t formerly work supplying grills and fuel to have them, did you, Mr Tone?

On 18/08/2023 at 14:56, KB1862 said:

Off to Skeggy tonight for the weekend with wife and kids. So hopefully the weather stays as nice as its supposed to be. 

How was Skeggy, young man? I take it you had a nice time away with your family.

On 21/08/2023 at 21:33, Joshua said:

I've been getting ready for university, which has kept me quite occupied. Apart from watching Notts, I haven't had much opportunity for anything else. Friday and Sunday were mainly spent organizing things, getting prepared for today.

Good luck with Uni, ah? Well, I hope you do well. Don’t get caught up too much in partying.

• Content Count:  10,960
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
4 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

You have more BBQs than Hank Hill. You didn’t formerly work supplying grills and fuel to have them, did you, Mr Tone?

:joker:
I haven’t got the foggiest who Hank Hill is but yes I do enjoy a nice BBQ in this country as you know you have to make the most of the weather, there’s a long time when we can’t bbq so we make the most of when we can. 👍

It’s great to hear you’ve been away on vacation @AmericanPie it does you good to recharge batteries, I’d love to visit Florida one day, I’m not sure I’ll make it though but who knows.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

11 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

How was Skeggy, young man? I take it you had a nice time away with your family.

Yeah it was a great time cheers. Kids loved it, weather was great and it was nice to have a weekend away. Definitely made the most of the weekend, managed to fit in nearly a weeks worth of activities into the weekend. Monday morning I was feeling the aches though 😅