Article on Wrexham in The Spectator

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-betrayal-of-wrexham-afc/

A right wing political journal having a pop at Wrexham's owners, @Dry Nelson Ray et al

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Surprised 1
  • Confused 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

richard kelly got paid to write this drivel? i read up to "Such disregard for lifelong supporters" then started to skim it. i swear i aged by time i got to the end and i did not realise the article was not that long in length in truth.

it will be water of a ducks back to the owners of wrexham.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

I wonder what would be said if the author of the article were to ask locals in Wrexham and multiple people about that. Wrexham haven’t started so well, but their fans will be glad to be back in the Football League. I can’t see them being embarrassed or disappointed; most interviews I have seen praise their Hollywood owners and understand that they are trying.

• Like 9

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Picking on Wrexham is easy; it will be generated to get clicks, and they know people will pick up and share it like this. Their owners are very easy targets, and everything they do will eventually be covered. They start with positives, then quickly turn nasty. I pay no attention to things like this.

• Like 8

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The writer is entitled to his opinion, but he should probably find something more worthwhile to write about. That kind of content will not do him any favours with readers. I'm curious about his support. He sounds bitter.

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's a bit of a draft comparison, new labour and Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney.

Wrexham's pre-season fixtures were because of the US connection. The results really don't matter and shouldn't be used as a politic stabbing to drive home one of the bizarre opinions I have read. It might have been more beneficial to have a programme that put them against League One, a Championship team and then below them. However, the friendlies also brought in much higher revenue for Wrexham.

People should have no time for reading nonsense like this.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

What a load of tripe.I won't waste any more of my time on it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

It is a poor showing when a journalist needs to make football and ownership into a political stance. The points and comparisons are laughable, and it reads like someone clutching at straws. I personally believe the article is just written to be used as clickbait, geared to name-drop the famous owners.

• Like 6

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81

On 31/08/2023 at 08:48, Piethagoram said:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-betrayal-of-wrexham-afc/

A right wing political journal having a pop at Wrexham's owners, @Dry Nelson Ray et al

Politics? Not my cup of tea. Or coffee. Or whatever they drink in Derbyshire. The only thing I know about new labour is that it sounds like a euphemism for childbirth. Speaking of which, my wife is definitely not expecting another baby. And if she is, I’m going to have a serious talk with the mailman. Or the milkman. Or whoever delivers things in Derbyshire. Sorry, @super_ram.

On 01/09/2023 at 21:11, super_ram said:

What a load of tripe.I won't waste any more of my time on it.

Tripe? Is that Derbyshire dialect? I thought it was a euphemism for something you scrape off your shoe. Or maybe it’s what you call the lining of a cow’s stomach when you’re feeling fancy. Either way, it sounds like a load of baloney to me. And I don’t mean the delicious sandwich meat. I mean the nonsense that comes out of some people’s mouths. Like when they say they like my movies. That’s just tripe.

• Haha 4

On 10/09/2023 at 05:22, Piethagoram said:

It's all "Tosh" helping @Dry Nelson Ray expand his vocabulary  :rollonfloorlaughing:

I've been trying my best teaching him @Piethagoram,tha knows. His Derbyshire (East Midland)is coming along quite well but someone else will have to help with other British regional accents-any Brummiies,Scousers,Geordies etc offering.Sorry  @Dry Nelson Ray:rollonfloorlaughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/09/2023 at 04:21, Dry Nelson Ray said:

Politics? Not my cup of tea. Or coffee. Or whatever they drink in Derbyshire. The only thing I know about new labour is that it sounds like a euphemism for childbirth. Speaking of which, my wife is definitely not expecting another baby. And if she is, I’m going to have a serious talk with the mailman. Or the milkman. Or whoever delivers things in Derbyshire. Sorry, @super_ram.

Tripe? Is that Derbyshire dialect? I thought it was a euphemism for something you scrape off your shoe. Or maybe it’s what you call the lining of a cow’s stomach when you’re feeling fancy. Either way, it sounds like a load of baloney to me. And I don’t mean the delicious sandwich meat. I mean the nonsense that comes out of some people’s mouths. Like when they say they like my movies. That’s just tripe.

Tripe is indeed the lining of a cow's stomach.Tripe and onions was one of my maternal grandads favourites.I remember staying with my grandparents in Bradford,Yorkshire when I was very young and my grandma serving it to him for dinner.I'd never seen it before.His response to my grandma was- "eeh,champion lass".It's funny how little things stick in your memory.I thought it looked and smelt horrible.There you are  @Dry Nelson Ray another bit of uk dialect.  lechyd da  

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  285
  • Days Won:  0

I must admit, I stopped reading the article after the first paragraph. Perhaps I would have read further had I not skimmed the comments first, but politically, the article falls short.

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81

On 11/09/2023 at 22:22, super_ram said:

I've been trying my best teaching him @Piethagoram,tha knows. His Derbyshire (East Midland)is coming along quite well but someone else will have to help with other British regional accents-any Brummiies,Scousers,Geordies etc offering.Sorry  @Dry Nelson Ray:rollonfloorlaughing:

Oh, hold on a second. I thought you had this down pat? Are you telling me there’s still room for improvement? That’s just a bunch of tosh and double tripe. 😂

• Haha 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I didn't go through the article; instead, I perused all the comments, which reinforced my initial decision to give it a miss. I dislike squandering time, and it seems like a case of a journalist striving to meet his quota by invoking the names of celebrities to gain more attention. I'd be inclined to describe it as 'pants', but I'm cautious about causing any confusion for @Dry Nelson Ray.

• Like 1