Match Discussion: EFL Trophy - The Wanderers U21 (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,279
  • Days Won:  80

EFL Trophy - The Wanderers U21 (H)

Team: Wolves U21

Date: 12/09/2023

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Luke Williams opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’m pretty sure there will be some squad rotation for this game, I wouldn’t be surprised to see 8, 9 or 10 changes from todays team.

To be honest it’s not a game I’m particularly interested in apart from hoping they win, I won’t be going to watch it.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

ollie tipton, lewis macari, will randall and sam slocombe all in. 😕 

i do think some of these deserve the game time but i would be a bit disappointed, especially for ollie tipton who seems to be almost certain exclusive for these types of games. given the chance, he might have shown hes good in a centre back position.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Get the kids in if at all possible. It'll be good to give Randall, Morias and the loanees some game time to get them a bit sharper for when we need them. But that's the only thing this game is good for - it's a slap in the face to all teams in L1 and L2 to have to play against B teams and I couldn't care less if we go out. This is one stupid competition I didn't miss.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I’m not keen on this; the EFL Trophy is a farce and merely a waste of time. Now that most of our fans have experienced Wembley, that excuse can be dismissed. It will be intriguing to see how low the attendance drops. I will focus on the important cup matches and the league.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The game will be interesting to see for a few points, but I will openly state as I always do that I hope we focus more on the league. I do want to see a good cup run, but the League and FA Cup have more priority in my eyes. It disappointed me when Notts pulled out of the FA stating that they wanted to focus on the league, yet took this far too seriously.

• Who will feature in the starting Notts XI
  • How they will perform against Wolves under 21s
  • How good so far unseen players do, such as Will Randall, Junior Morias, Ollie Tipton etc.
  • What the attendance will be like considering a large number of fans still don't care about this cup

I fully expect Sam Slocombe to go into the team, along with all the unseen signings fo far. If we don't give Junior Morias a run out here, I really will wonder what the point of signing him is considering we've seen him warm up for two games now, yet not to come on.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

Maintaining a winning streak is crucial, even for matches like these. I won’t be attending the match, instead, I’ll be saving my funds for significant home and away games. I wonder if Ian Burchnall will accompany the Wolves U21s? A victory would indeed be pleasant.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

The upcoming game will likely see us experimenting with the team line-up. However, Luke Williams should be cautious about who he chooses to rest. Macaulay Langstaff is one player I hope will get some rest, especially considering the upcoming Salford game. Competing against Wolves U21s should still be within our capabilities.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

maybe wolves u21s are better than thought?

i am interested in hearing how junior morias did. i would say its a positive we scored, but it was an o.g but i will review the highlights. its not a major negative but i was surprised to see quite the strong squad with some inclusions for luther, morias, etc.

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,785
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Wolves U21 well organised, got us twice on the break. Slocombe walkabout and passing not good for the heart. Luther missed an absolute sitter and felt he lacked confidence at times. Morias, well, went missing. As like last season, the B team is not good enough.

Randall did well, at least that's a positive. How JOB got man of the match, not quite sure. He got robbed on a few occasions.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  0

The Notts team put on a poor display, appearing to be very disorganised and possibly assembled hastily. There was little cohesion among the players, despite showing promise individually. However, the lack of teamwork resulted in Notts suffering. It seemed that Junior Morias, in particular, struggled as a lone striker. As mentioned before, he often went missing during the game, and one could be forgiven for thinking he had been substituted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

All games, in my opinion, hold significant value as they provide me with valuable insights. I express my gratitude to everyone who has engaged in playing games alongside me. This information is crucial for someone like me who is living away from their home country. Therefore, I extend my heartfelt thanks to all of you.