Cheltenham manager departs

Piethagoram

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

When arguing he was still the best person for the job, Elliott made a perfectly valid point after the defeat at Peterborough, saying: "This club at this level is always going to go through sticky periods.

"People might not want to hear that, but that is the truth, we are always swimming against the tide.

"If you think someone else is going to come in, click their fingers and all of a sudden we're going to transform into a top team in this division, then I think we're all kidding ourselves."

It's a valid point, at least for me.

I imagine their playing budget is quite small, but provided the squad is behind the manager and everyone is tight-knit survival is possible.

Cheltenham won't suddenly start winning games by changing the manager, and if they do, well I would say shame on the players because it's not always the managers fault. I still don't think a change here will make a massive difference.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i agree with @Chris, cheltenham will always be struggling in league one and are doing well just to be there. i think sacking the manager in hope that they will pick up enough points to avoid the drop is very naïve thinking.

• Like 3

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

The loss of Alfie May was obviously going to affect them. Not just his goals but his creative ability too. 

They haven't scored in 8 league games and the only goal they have scored (or had scored for them) was Bristol Rovers putting through their own net in the Papa John's Trophy.

They're struggling with creativity in midfield and they lost their director of football in the summer to Shrewsbury. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The problem is, they’re not a team that can readily replace their talent. They’re likely to face difficulties, and appointing a new manager won’t instantly rectify their creative problems. It’s a tricky situation because unity is key at this point. After all, any incoming manager will be limited in what they can do until the transfer window opens.

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  507
  • Days Won:  1

This sacking appears to be a desperate attempt to avoid relegation and the low attendance that comes with a losing streak. Do I agree with it? Absolutely not. It feels like they’re just throwing anything at the problem and hoping something sticks.

• Like 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,408
  • Days Won:  69

The dismissal count continues!

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

The start of season dismissals are always high, its not always down to the manager fully.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

Is there a tally of dismissed managers? It seems like a high number for this point in time.

• 2 weeks later...