Time to reflect on what Luke Williams has achieved so far

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,785
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/luke-williams-announcement-140622/

An out of nowhere appointment, but looks like a masterstroke from the Bros Reedtz

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
15 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

An out of nowhere appointment, but looks like a masterstroke from the Bros Reedtz

It doesn’t just look like a master stroke it definitely was one, if he left the club today he would still go down as one of our best ever managers, his win rate is phenomenal. Well done to the brothers for unearthing a real gem.

• Like 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i am very thankful for what notts has achieved since our darkest day, which turned out to be one of the best things for the club. the reedtz brothers are just a breath of fresh air. i like how they have said away from things, yet have embraced fans without dangling any carrots or took things personal when it has not gone quite to plan. i mean the worst thing so far, is the season where some fans did not think neal ardley would achieve a playoff spot for us.

luke williams replacing ian burchnall has been a magnificent decision.

its not just williams, ryan harley and the coaching team gives us a lot of support. its a great structure which not every lower tier team has. yet staying on topic, i really appreciate williams for his approach to embracing fans. i think its him who truly understands what we bring, rather than people inside the club. it massively changed under him and this fan connection makes a difference within the club.

hes a very good manager, i am glad that i no longer hear criticism from fans who go on about not having a plan b.

i hope we can continue to grow with williams and his squad, he knows what we have and works well coaching the players. hes a superb find.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Luke Williams has done an exceptional job at Notts. It demonstrates that when a club is run properly and a manager is supported, they can achieve great things in the right environment. His time at Swindon would have provided him with valuable insights and a good start to his learning journey, but there’s no doubt that we are giving him a comprehensive education in how to succeed with the right resources at his disposal.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

So far, the Reedtz family has appointed two highly capable managers. Luke Williams, I would argue, didn’t exactly emerge from obscurity as he was making a name for himself as a coach and was highly regarded enough to be given an opportunity at Swindon Town. However, what he did as Ian Burchnall’s successor was to push every player to their maximum potential and demand consistency. Tom Weal and Ryan Harley also deserve a lot of credit for their work, as the coaching staff provide Williams with a wealth of knowledge, and he’s the first to acknowledge this himself. He’s taken a solid Notts squad, made them consistent, and when we hit form, we stay in form. There’s no in-between, we just improve, and I believe much of this is due to his strong mindset.

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Luke Williams has performed exceptionally well. He’s a valuable asset to the club and is demonstrating that with the right setup and resources, one can succeed even with limited managerial experience. He has the right approach and mindset, and Notts is the perfect club for him to gain the experience he needs to further his career in the future. As a relatively young manager, he still has much to learn. I’d wager he’s pleased to be at a club like ours.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

When he was first announced I had no real gut feeling that he’d be the one to get us back into the league. I’d never heard of him and his only managerial/head coach spell was at Swindon (albeit they were a bit of basket case at the time) and whilst he’d had coaching jobs this was his first time in 5 years since taking the lead role again.  

Then I remember watching a video the media team put out of his first day of training and at the end he spoke to the players about how he wanted to play. That passing game we'd become accustomed to but now when we lose the ball to be aggressive and win it straight back, “like playing against 20 outfield players” is I think what he said. Then we had the pre-season and I was really impressed how he’d actually implemented that philosophy and so quickly. I was more hopeful we’d have a good season but I didn’t think we’d have a record-breaking great season though! Luke Williams did a phenomenal job last season, no-one can argue that.

And right now I just feel so lucky to have him. I love listening to him speak, he’s really smart in footballing terms, he spots things that have completely gone over my head. And he’s an absolute perfectionist, even if we win a game 3-0 he talks about how there’s always something we can do better. It feels like there is no ceiling to Luke Williams ability right now and I hope he’s here for a long time, because I think he'll take us up again. He’s got my backing 100%, I genuinely can’t think of anyone (in the realms of realism; so no Pep, Klopp or Arteta) that would do a better job than him.

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 2
  • Love 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  1

Impressive is the term that perfectly captures his accomplishments thus far, but the recent outcome presents a challenge. It is crucial for him to prioritise defensive prowess, and if he manages to achieve this and witness an enhanced performance in that aspect against Swindon, it will demonstrate his ability to address such disappointing results. Every aspect of his conduct, communication, and diligent efforts is truly gratifying to observe. I am optimistic that Luke Williams can bolster the defensive line, as encounters like this one often have the potential to shift the momentum, and unnecessary negative remarks are unwelcome at this juncture.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Luke Williams is everything you would want from a manager. His openness in interviews is great to watch or listen to too. The details in which he calmly replies make it difficult to think that he may have b**locked the players after the Forest Green Rovers game. You just can't see him being that annoyed. He's what I refer to as the 'Bob Ross' of football. If only he had the hair, I could fully imagine him calmly instructing the players articulately how he wants our tactics to be played out. Whilst calmly saying 'there's no bad accidents, just happy mistakes'.

In all seriousness, there isn't a day I'm not thankful for what he's done.

People are saying that the media team is behind this fan connection, which I disagree with. Luke Williams seems to be the person who truly cares. I just get the feeling he treats everyone he meets the same. Such as his respectful approach after today's game against Colchester United. It was mentioned on the radio that he shook the hands of the officials, smiled and walked off without a fuss.

While there's much for him to learn, we do need to acknowledge that he's already built Rome in one season. Yet, it wasn't a day, but that is still an amazing feat. He's now trying to build the Great Walls of Meadow Lane. Reflect and appreciate just how far we have come, whilst I take my medication.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  285
  • Days Won:  0

If there are any supporters who fail to recognise the work of Luke Williams, they can’t be considered genuine fans. Those who think that Reedtz doesn’t invest, or desire the manager’s departure after a loss, as occurred following the defeat to Sutton, aren’t truly committed. The dedication that Luke Williams shows in striving for positive outcomes should not be overlooked. He is truly unique.

• Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

He has turned Notts around and helped create a team that play together and as they should... good changable tactics which helps with games and opposition clubs not knowing what to expect.

• Like 1