Graham Alexander leaves MK Dons

Piethagoram

The MK Dons fans didn't like him, so I am not surprised to see that he's gone. I think he could have done well given the time, they've been relegated and needed a strong manager at the helm. Yes, their results have been poor and they have slipped down the table.

I think a lot of this comes from the vibe around the club, as people were calling for his head after we played them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 5

Given the disappointing results and the apparent dissatisfaction among the majority of MK Dons fans, it becomes challenging to bounce back. It’s even more difficult for the board to resist the urge to make changes. It’s worth noting that MK Dons fans are often perceived as fickle.

• Like 5

Supporter+
25 minutes ago, NottsCountyKev said:

It’s worth noting that MK Dons fans are often perceived as fickle.

To be honest you can say that of most football fans.

• Like 4

MK Dons are an artificial club with no rightful place in the Football League. AFC Wimbledon are the authentic team, and Graham Alexander’s dismissal won’t greatly impact them. MK Dons, however, would be fortunate to find a suitable replacement.

• Like 5

i feel sorry for graham alexander he did well against us, mk dons just seem to feel they are a big club when they have never been. in the game you get what you give, if you cant give time, dont expect an instant return to fighting for promotion once relegated.

• Like 3

Supporter+

Unbelievably he got manager of the month in August, now he’s gone. Crazy.:huh2:

• Like 4

@Fan of Big Tone It's beyond the curse of Manager of the Month.

They are just in poor form, but ultimately is further proof of the damage fans can do when they are not seeing the sense. I have read a couple of MK Dons sites, they seem to think they could pluck anyone and suddenly become the best team in League Two. The amount of fans complaining and coming across as very self entitled, it's just weird. Unfortunately, every club has fans like this but MK Dons are very plastic.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Chris said:

@Fan of Big Tone It's beyond the curse of Manager of the Month.

They are just in poor form, but ultimately is further proof of the damage fans can do when they are not seeing the sense. I have read a couple of MK Dons sites, they seem to think they could pluck anyone and suddenly become the best team in League Two. The amount of fans complaining and coming across as very self entitled, it's just weird. Unfortunately, every club has fans like this but MK Dons are very plastic.

I can't argue with hi- lighted comment after reading comments on Derby fan sites.Some fans need to get real.

• Like 3

I have reservations about the decision in the long run. While they have selected a capable manager, if they are unwilling to grant them sufficient time to make improvements, they will only find themselves stuck in a cycle of repeating this process. It becomes challenging to make progress under such circumstances. It's understandable that MK Dons fans desired Alexander's departure, but it is crucial for them to wholeheartedly support the new appointment without reservation.

Considering their drop from League One, it seems Graham Alexander should have been granted more time. He’ll soon join a new club, as I’ve noticed MK Don’s have quickly found his replacement. Their dismal performance works in our favour. It might take them a while to recover.