Oh No... Paul Ince Has Been Sacked!

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Paul Ince: Blackpool boss sacked after less than a year in charge

<!--url{0}--> Blackpool have sacked manager Paul Ince after less than a year in charge.

The 46-year-old was appointed in February 2013 following previous boss Michael Appleton's move to Blackburn.

The Seasiders were briefly top of the Championship this season after winning five of their opening six games, but have not won since 30 November.
Paul Ince factfile
David Beckham, Paul Ince and Paul Gascoigne

Made 730 senior appearances for eight clubs including West Ham, Manchester United, Inter Milan and Liverpool
Won two Premier League titles and two FA Cups during six-year spell at Old Trafford
Won 53 England caps and became the country's first black captain in 1993
Began managerial career at Macclesfield in 2006, keeping the club in the Football League
Won League Two title and Football League Trophy with MK Dons in 2008
Became first black British manager in the Premier League when taking over at Blackburn, but was sacked after 21 games

Ince's departure was confirmed in a brief club statement that also said midfielder Barry Ferguson will take charge of training on Thursday.

In October, Ince was given a five-match stadium ban by the Football Association, and he won only 12 out of 42 games as boss.

His last match was a 2-0 defeat at bottom club Barnsley on Saturday and his assistants, Alex Rae and Steve Thompson, have also left the club.

The Blackpool Supporters Association had taken a unanimous vote of no confidence in Ince on Monday evening.

And the BSA also produced a six-point letter to club chairman Karl Oyston, giving their view that Ince's position was "untenable" and that his "tactics, attitude and results has destroyed the morale of Blackpool fans".

The former Manchester United, Inter Milan, Liverpool and England midfielder previously managed Macclesfield Town, MK Dons, Blackburn Rovers and Notts County.

At Stadium MK he won the League Two title and Football League Trophy before being given a chance in the Premier League by Blackburn.

But Ince was sacked by the Ewood Park club after less than six months, having won only six out of 21 games in all competitions - and after leaving Notts County in April 2011, he was out of work for almost two years before joining Blackpool on a one-year rolling contract.

He was given the task of keeping the club in the Championship and met that target as they finished last season in 15th place, five points above the relegation zone.

But a poor run of recent form, which brought just two points from their last 12 games and an FA Cup third-round defeat at Bolton, prompted Oyston to relieve Ince of his post.

Ince's son Tom remains a Blackpool player despite being repeatedly linked with moves to other clubs, most recently Monaco.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

I know, I know, he was a big disappointment when he was at Notts too, but I can't help remembering that Paul Ince was an IMMENSE player.

He was a good player but very overrated, along with his massive ego.

Talent only goes as far as you apply it, sadly when you think about it. He could have been more of a regular starter for England, yet he only got what he deserved really. Paul Merson was 4x the player in my opinion and Gazza was the type of player who deserved the what Ince as received since his retirement, it's a shame about the other Paul though, he just needed support to help him with his demons.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

he was a good player but hes so crap as a manager, i did not like his time with us.

Yes, he was temperamental and often petulant, and he wasn't the most talented player of his generation (although I'm not sure who overrated him), but very few players could lift and drive a team like he could when he was on song (Merson, as much as I liked him too, couldn't), and that's what I meant by immense. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

He did fairly okay for blackpool, i dont suppose they should be in the mix for play offs. Surely this will be the end of him?

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It seems he always starts off pretty good and then fades and it's happened again.

I wonder if we can get Bishop back now? :rolleyes:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Aww what a pity, couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

Never liked the guy, horrible attitude. He thinks he's bigger than every club he works at. And when he was with Notts I never EVER saw him go and thank the supporters at the end. Even after the Sunderland and City games (probably the highlights of his managerial career)

How he keeps getting jobs I'll never know, he's useless. He's still living off his first stint at MK where he won the league on a ridiculous budget. 12 wins in just under a year at Blackpool says it all. Would've been even worse if it wasen't for ikkle Thomas

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Seems to get good going from the start and then, pi55es off all and sundry. 

Man management is not his forte, i think 

• Content Count:  627

An instagram posting from Ian Evatt, an ex-Blackpool player

BekVTyDIYAAERlI.jpg

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I don't normally like to see anyone lose their job.

For this moron, I make an exception. 

Deserves the quote of the day me thinks...

Reading between the lines with the interview their chairman gave seems his usual issues of actually being at work occasionally got the better of him again. Golf or any other excuse to not show the club any respect!

Arrogance is a horrible trait and he had lots of it!

Seems I'm in the minority (a minority of 1!) on this subject! That's ok :)

Isn't there a bigger point here though; how do we judge celebrities we've never even met?

I never saw much of Ince as a player, some Man. U. games, a couple of really outstanding England games where he was a real driving force (as an iconic blood stained warrior-captain in Rome for the '98 World Cup qualifiers, for example), but he always seemed to have a passion for the game that I admired, many 'superstars' (Shearer, Lineker, Ashley Cole, Lampard, spring to mind) have lacked, imo. 

He hasn't been a great success as a manager. Stories of him playing golf when players turned up to train with him tend to stick like tar to his reputation. But a) as @Super_Danny_Allsopp says: I don't like to see anyone get the sack, B) lots of people become star "staff" and then fail to make the transition to management - but it doesn't take away from the fact they were star staff, does it? c) Ince was a first class athlete, no matter what you think of him as a manager, and he's never given in to the easy temptations of success that knobbled Gascoigne, Merson, Venables, Best et al. 

Would I want him back as Notts manager? Not on your life! Do I admire him as player/athlete? Yes, I really do, and for that reason I'm not happy to see him fail.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333

Attitude controls your Altitude

Attitude controls your Altitude

Heh, yes! Good point, well made.

Would I want him back as Notts manager? Not on your life! Do I admire him as player/athlete? Yes, I really do, and for that reason I'm not happy to see him fail.

Nice comment here @Nesh, I didn't like him as a player. His attitude put me off, although I agree he was a good footballer.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Certainly doesn't do the best job as a manager, maybe he can go to a team that we lose against alot... we'd have a better chance next time :P

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Blackpool lost 5 - 1 At Reading last night!

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Blackpool lost 5 - 1 At Reading last night!

It's a pity Reading didn't win 6-0 they would have gone above Fword.

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

An instagram posting from Ian Evatt, an ex-Blackpool player

BekVTyDIYAAERlI.jpg

he is not all that well liked! i think messages like this are sad tho, professional player? not with the attitude of that.

Archived