• 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Interesting thoughts by Charlie on Burchnall.... "good riddance"

Key is the recruitment planning, to keep Luke... Championship is the aim

• Like 5

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Haha.... His remarks regarding Ian Burchnall - Good riddance, son. I'll see you later. 😂

It wasn't that long ago when Oxford fans were complaining about their start and even Ruben Rodrigues. However, Charlie is making a lot of sense. I can't see Oxford thriving or even getting to the Championship myself. Yet we need to keep adding a few, allowing a couple to go and always have this core squad that is the strength behind our success. I think it will be hard for us to get to the Championship, so it wouldn't be as simple as that but I do feel Notts are a more progressive football club now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,957
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
3 hours ago, Chris said:

Haha.... His remarks regarding Ian Burchnall - Good riddance, son. I'll see you later. 😂

I watch this show regularly and Charlie was never a fan of Burchnall even when he was manager, he reckoned he was too full of himself, whereas he speaks very highly of Luke Williams.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

the clip did make me laugh when he spoke about burchnall, but i think the topic of williams leaving to oxford is not one the show should have had in my opinion. the bookies odds does not always mean something, whereas sites and twitter account with no creditability should not be taken seriously. then again, from the fans perspective a lot were worried and that might just validate a serious discussion but i think its all red herrings. 

• Like 5

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

Charlie McParland is known for his candidness, and it’s true that Luke Williams does possess a certain edge. I can also see where Charlie is coming from regarding Ian Burchnall; he did seem a bit self-absorbed. I wouldn’t go as far as to label him ego-driven, but it did appear to be more about him than the players.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Yes, Ian McParland tells it like it is and isn’t scared to speak up. Sometimes you might disagree with his view, very rarely would you feel he’s out of line and most of the time I would agree with him. I think I’m one of the few who thought Charlie was a good manager and could have done a lot more for us.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  507
  • Days Won:  1

I must say, I can't help but agree with McParland's remarks about Williams. The msn's got talent, no question about it. As for Burchnall... let's just say his tenure was a bit of a letdown, with the way he left the "project", thinking the grass was greener, wasn't it?

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

I really have no issue with Burchnall leaving, in the same way I wouldn't have been upset if Williams had gone to Oxford.  We are where we are, and one of our main attractions is that we provide managers a sound platform to showcase their skills.  If they then move on, it is good for us as it raises our profile and allows us to attract more tested candidates.  I have no doubt that whoever we brought in would be at least equivalent to Williams, and it could be argued that maybe we had William's application because of what Burchnall was allowed to do here. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Williams to leave and he is definitely an upgrade on Burchnall... but when he leaves I will be wishing him the best and hope he doesn't get the flack that I feel Burchnall unfairly gets.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  363
  • Days Won:  0

Luke Williams has done much to gain the respect of his colleagues. While I had a liking for Ian Burchnall and thought he was a good manager for us, I felt he placed his own influence above those who assisted him. It wasn’t quite on the level of Jamie Fullerton, but there were some minor similarities.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  73
  • Days Won:  0

McParland’s assessment is spot on. Williams indeed shows great potential, but Burchnall’s performance was disappointing. If we aspire to reach the Championship, we need to refine our game on all fronts. This includes not just individual performances, but also our overall team strategy and recruitment planning. Here’s hoping for a more polished and well-rounded performance in the future.

• Like 1