Black Friday

Supporter+

Is it just me or does anyone else get fed up with seeing so call “bargains” advertised for Black Friday which incidentally started last week with “Pre Black Friday Deal” this week is “Black Friday WEEK”! no doubt next week we’ll see Black Friday week extended with fabulous “Post Black Friday” deals.

What a load of b*ll#*ks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

i am with you, but if you are looking for deals or cheaper christmas presents it can be helpful.

the thing about it that i really dislike is when a site has full blown banners pretty much taking up all of the content areas, if you click a link to view something you want to see more about which is a product. you get shown a popup or redirected to a page about it being the biggest black friday sale ever. as i say, it can be useful but sites really go all in with it and that puts people with any sense off.

• Like 4

Isn't this another American idea import ?

• Like 4

I'm sure a lot of places purposely put the prices up in Oct just so they can put them down, or they just advertise it's 20% off when it's always been 20% off in that shop! I'm sure some places just straight out lie as well...

I'm sure you can get a few good deals but 90% of the time the saving will be minimal, it's all just a big marketing ploy to get you to spend!

• Like 4

Some sales are genuine, while others are just made to look appealing. I haven’t visited a physical store to buy a gift in a long time. The closure of many stores has led to an increase in online shopping, and the ones that are still open aren’t ones I would typically visit. The UK high street and shopping centres are a fading industry.

• Like 2

Supporter+
11 hours ago, super_ram said:

Isn't this another American idea import ?

Yes it is @super_ram this is from Wikipedia:

Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving in the United States. It traditionally marks the start of the Christmas shopping season in the United States. Many stores offer highly promoted sales at discounted prices and often open early, sometimes as early as midnight[2]or even on Thanksgiving. Some stores' sales continue to Monday ("Cyber Monday") or for a week ("Cyber Week").

Black Friday has been the busiest shopping day of the year in the United States.[3][4][5]

Have you got your Thanksgiving Turkey in yet? 😂

• Haha 1

I find stores to be too stressful. If it wasn't for an appointment the other week I wouldn't have gone into B&M and The Range after.

Amazon is useful for picking up bargains.

You can use a site called Camel, Camel, camel to check if deals are good or fluff.  https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

Although, Amazon is well known for playing around with their prices and, giving sales/30% off. If you can take it right, it can be useful, but I really don't pay much attention to any of the sales throughout the year. If I want something, I will compare prices and wait for when the best time is to buy it.