[Loan] Danny Haynes To Join Hibs

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Notts County's Danny Haynes to join Hibs on loan

<!--url{0}--> Notts County forward Danny Haynes is on his way to Scotland to join Hibernian on loan.

The English League One club confirmed to BBC Scotland that the 26-year-old would be with the Scottish Premiership club for the rest of the season.

Haynes, who can play on the wing or up front, signed a three-year contract with County in the summer after leaving Charlton Athletic.

He has made 23 appearances for County this season, scoring four goals.

However, he has not found the net since October, has not started for the Magpies since early December and was placed on the transfer list by manager Shaun Derry earlier this month.

Haynes said on social media site Twitter: "Now on route to Scotland. Off on loan to Hibs for the rest of the season."

The paperwork for Haynes' move to the Scottish Premiership is not expected to be completed until Thursday.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

As a layman & looking at his record this season, it doesn't seem much of a loss. If it frees up a wage in order to get someone else in, hopefully in the McGregor mould all well & good. Hopefully, Derry's scouting network will be better than his predesesor.

It's funny when clubs like us (Rotherham) can let proven goalscorers out on loan like Daniel Nardiello & Danny Hylton & they end up at bottom end League 2 clubs like Bury & AFC Wimbledon when I would have thought they could do a good job at a club like Notts!!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

people are saying this is a done deal on twitter, everywhere else seems to suggest its in the works.

i hope he does not go, we need a striker with pace. he can score goals at this level, he just needs better players behind him.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This seems a good move for both Notts and Haynes, he hasn't been interested of late.

• Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I don't think Derry See's it that way, unfortunately.

Must be a Hugh Chunk of the wage bill gone, if not part gone.

Sign Mac or Jack in the Summer. ha ha ha, Then I fell out of bed  

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Notts County are turning out as a bit of a graveyard for strikers. Even though you could argue playing in the Scottish top flight is sort of like playing in the English Championship, so maybe it's a step up in their case?

Either way, who does that leave Notts with in terms of strikers? Just Showunmi and the various Academy fringe players? We can't just rely on McGregor and Grealish all the time...

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

You can put a stick through a turd, then dip the turd's tip in glitter. Just because the top bit is shiny and glittery, doesn't hide the fact that everything underneath it is s**t.

Now, if you substitute "turd" with "the Notts County team behind the strikers" and glitter for "strikers"...

I don't think Derry See's it that way, unfortunately.

Must be a Hugh Chunk of the wage bill gone, if not part gone.

Sign Mac or Jack in the Summer. ha ha ha, Then I fell out of bed  

He's supposedly on between 3.5k to 5.5k, I think realistically it will be around the 4k mark.

Regardless he's a striker who could and probably will score, it's what we lack. A-side from creative midfielders, though as a team we limit our output. I'm gutted to see him go and I hope it works, though my mind tells me that one day Shaun will encounter a player he will need to play, he will need to mentor and try to work with him.

Getting players on big wages is fair enough, if the players who come in are of quality and not just loans.

In Derry we trust.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

It's in the best interests of both parties. He's simply not settled at Notts, this move will do him good. We reportadly offered him a fairly substantial sum to join the club and we cant afford to be paying someone who isn't doing a job. It'll free up some spare funds. Derry wouldnt just get rid of players without having a replacement in mind. He's excelled in the wheeling and dealing roll thus far, long may it continue. He's doing a cracking job. We've been crying out for someone to get  rid of the dead wood. In truth, it should have been done at the end of last season. Every faith in Shaun

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

Its a loan, Derry might reconsider at the end of the season. If he does well, I am sure he will reflect on this and in the worst scenario he wont. Just picture him scoring for fun and returning to help us or allowing us to sell him for a decent fee.

Just dont bloody release him! 

It's in the best interests of both parties. He's simply not settled at Notts, this move will do him good. We reportadly offered him a fairly substantial sum to join the club and we cant afford to be paying someone who isn't doing a job. It'll free up some spare funds. Derry wouldnt just get rid of players without having a replacement in mind. He's excelled in the wheeling and dealing roll thus far, long may it continue. He's doing a cracking job. We've been crying out for someone to get  rid of the dead wood. In truth, it should have been done at the end of last season. Every faith in Shaun

I wouldn't say it's about settling myself, I think Haynes just fit out system and it was never worked on. if a player well, a striker with confidence then nothing will concern him. If it's because he's unsettled moving up to Scotland will not help him :P

He's done well to get rid of certain players but most are just loans.

Its a loan, Derry might reconsider at the end of the season. If he does well, I am sure he will reflect on this and in the worst scenario he wont. Just picture him scoring for fun and returning to help us or allowing us to sell him for a decent fee.

Just dont bloody release him! 

Fair point @upthepies!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

Haynes is no major loss, we have good enough cover. Will Coombes be tried again? I like him more than any of the younger strikers.

@Super_Danny_Allsopp what you doing?!?!?! I would have loved to see your reaction re Grof leaving us.

1798561_10202969486419177_82988488_n.jpg

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  1

i smell bullshit again from the club thought the reason for him leaving was he wanted 2 move back down london or south and now hes going hibs f**k me couldnt be anymore further away from london if they tried.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

In my view the reason we have so many non performing strikers is the shocking service they receive. Much as I love to watch both McGregor and Grealish they are both greedy buggers who seem only to pass to each other. JCR is good at making ground with the ball and appalling at doing anything useful with it when he gets into a dangerous position, and neither Boucard or Fotheringham are creative midfielders and playing them alongside each other compounds the problem.

if the Notts strikers (any of them) were consistently missing great chances or even half chances then I'd join in the slagging off. Frankly if we had Suarez up front he'd struggle to score if he relied on the Notts midfield to provide the chances. For me our biggest need by a mile is to bring in a creative midfielder to put the ball into dangerous places for our strikers (to replace Fotheringham) and a wide player who actually produces an end product to replace JCR who I find particularly maddening in terms of the number of times he does great work to get into the ideal crossing position then wastes the ball.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

As I've said elsewhere, he's  good player when playing in a team setup with the formation based around him. Strangely enough our current formation would, on the surface, be ideal for him, but SD has seen him every day and obviously he knows whether DH is capable of filling that just behind the big guy role. The news of him leaving gives us a direct answer. In fact when Mac was still in negotiations and the role was there to be taken, when SD put Murray in instead the writing was already on the transfer notice!

Moving to Hibs? Not sure on the idea of that in comparison to the reasons about down south!

Does hopefully relieve more wages from the burden though.

Archived