Member Of The Month (January 2014)

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's been a interesting month for us all here, having decided to give the former "Member of the Month" @liampie the chance to nominate 6 members for this months, as a reward for continuous effort (secretly I didn't want the tough choice). Liam told me via PM that he was unsure, he didn't feel up to deciding, however I asked until he agreed. :thumbsup::lol:

This month I wanted to do things different, so there's another slight twist to the Member of the Month.

Firstly I'd like to thank each and everyone who's signed in, contributed, looked around and even visited. Without people doing so, the site would grind and for me it's rewarding to see people enjoy the site. So, a huge thank you!

I would also like to note that yesterday we reached the most unique visits in a day! Nearly 650! also, the most online at one time was beaten with 252 (mostly guests). Two achievements impossible without your support!

So here we go - 30 votes later, we have stumbled upon our winner but before I named who that is.

@Canadian - You've contributed a vast amount since you joined us, it's richly deserved and I am happy to say. You're PoN's Bronze MotM (basically 3rd place)

motmbronze.png

@Joe Jones - Where would I be without you and your articles? I don't know but I do realize that your efforts help the site immensely. Liam said he couldn't believe you had never won this award before, so I think it's safe to say we're both glad that you're named PoN's Silver MotM.

motmsilver.png

@hissingdwarf my small but very tall friend! You won outright and it's richly deserved. I think the fact that the poll reached 30 votes and 10 of which you received shows how widely your contributions and posts are appreciated. Congrats for being named our Member of the Month for January!!

motmgold.png

Please take the time to spread the community spirit and congratulate all 3 members. YOU PIES!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well done guys all very richly deserved, it's a testimony to how well the site is doing that we have a bronze, silver and gold.

Congratulations all.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Ah, do I need to do a speech now? This is new ground for me haha...

First of all, congratulations to @hissingdwarf for a very well deserved gold and @Canadian for his bronze, and thanks to y'all for a lovely silver award, I've always told NJ and a couple of others that my ultimate reward comes in the form of members joining up, people liking articles or posts, and basically witnessing growth! But I'm very thankful for the award!

(You can tell I'm not used to this kinda thing eh? :P)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

All 3 well deserving of their awards. Well done all of you.

It was particularly difficult to choose this time - but I am celebrating a hat trick of winning selections. Would have voted for all those 3 if I could and, despite my allegiance to Canadian via the match day chat room I gave HD the nod.

Don't let all the publicity go to your head HD, the anti climax after all the media attention and hordes of young women throwing themselves at you has stopped is dreadful. You feel like last years's X Factor winner - unknown and unloved.

PoN do not offer counselling or therapy as yet and I'm still struggling to come to terms with the stigma of no longer being MOTM. The nightmares have diminished but the sense of helplessness and despair remains.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Currently at work and on my mobile so i'll give a formal speech later!

Congrats to all involved and many thanks to everyone for a warm welcome here at pon.

Famous at last!!!

Well done guys all very richly deserved, it's a testimony to how well the site is doing that we have a bronze, silver and gold.

Congratulations all.

Basically Liam said it seemed unfair after such a good month and between the two of us, we decided it was best to alter the system but as a surprise. Very lucky that the votes finished as they did, it made it simple to do this but it could have gone anyway.

All 3 well deserving of their awards. Well done all of you.

It was particularly difficult to choose this time - but I am celebrating a hat trick of winning selections. Would have voted for all those 3 if I could and, despite my allegiance to Canadian via the match day chat room I gave HD the nod.

Don't let all the publicity go to your head HD, the anti climax after all the media attention and hordes of young women throwing themselves at you has stopped is dreadful. You feel like last years's X Factor winner - unknown and unloved.

PoN do not offer counselling or therapy as yet and I'm still struggling to come to terms with the stigma of no longer being MOTM. The nightmares have diminished but the sense of helplessness and despair remains.

You're doing something right having chosen all the past 3 winners! How are you with predictions? :P

Hehe....

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

so many memebers contributing now, its nice to see. i had a time choosing, i sent joe a list of 12 or something and asked him to cut it down but he said it was my decision. lol 

@hissingdwarf; well done for winning you add a lot of quality to the site and i enjoy your posts. congrats! 10 votes!! :D

@Canadian; i felt you really came into the community the past two months, like hissingdwarf your posts are always interesting.

@Cobby; fantastic topic starter! we could do with you adding your magic more, though like i have said above another quality poster.

@Nesh; you have me laughing my head off! you said you did not know what you had done but i hope you keep it up. we need someone like you :)

@william1984; i felt your posting warranted highlighting, hope you keep adding your thoughts because its often different compared to others which is good.

@Joe Jones; i thought you was going to win! keep up the articles, well done for being named the silver motm

CONGRATS!!!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Crazy Busy day. Thanks for the Votes, Love you all.

COYP  

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Did someone mention groupies?? Haha :P

Did someone mention groupies?? Haha :P

Watch your wording budster! :shifty::huh:

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

Well Done to all three! Well deserved, congratulations.

Campaigns on me!

Just got in so I thought I'd say thanks to one and all now as I might not get on later, and I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was being rude!!!

Thank you to one and all who voted not only for me, but for all the suggestions mentioned. The transition from a messageboard such as MAD to one which seems so far, comparatively normal is a strange one, after years of reading argumentative posts and down right rudeness to other members, this  place seems is a blessed relief!

Well done to all involved, whether you were nominated, voted or just had a read!

Thanks again for the welcome and look forward to many more discussions and awards for myself B)

Hopefully covered everything and thanked everyone so bring on the prizes. Do I get an on field photo pre-match at the next home match? If I do then i'll have Enoch in the photo as well as I fear he may be leaving us after the summer break. He does a job, but I can see a need for a total new pairing up front to achieve anything next season. (How many times have I had to say that in the past twenty years???)

Just got in so I thought I'd say thanks to one and all now as I might not get on later, and I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was being rude!!!

Thank you to one and all who voted not only for me, but for all the suggestions mentioned. The transition from a messageboard such as MAD to one which seems so far, comparatively normal is a strange one, after years of reading argumentative posts and down right rudeness to other members, this  place seems is a blessed relief!

Well done to all involved, whether you were nominated, voted or just had a read!

Thanks again for the welcome and look forward to many more discussions and awards for myself B)

Hopefully covered everything and thanked everyone so bring on the prizes. Do I get an on field photo pre-match at the next home match? If I do then i'll have Enoch in the photo as well as I fear he may be leaving us after the summer break. He does a job, but I can see a need for a total new pairing up front to achieve anything next season. (How many times have I had to say that in the past twenty years???)

This might be seen as a gimmick but it doesn't half give the community a pat on the back, lives already stressful enough (especially being a Notts fan) to take things too serious. It's just a good thing that the community see's this as a way to have fun and pay respect to those who help. :)

Now you need to get ready for your prize!

It's a professional football contact, as NCFC's latest wonder-striker. Get you boots, you'll be pairing up with Enoch. :D

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Excellent efforts from all concerned,Well done @hissingdwarf,@Joe Jones and @Canadian.Please keep up the good work. :cheer::goodjob:

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

Well done all! You just have to make sure you try and win it again next month!

Cheers all.

:happy banana:  :happy banana:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Well done and well deserved @hissingdwarf,@Joe Jones and @Canadian and  well done to everyone else .I can't add anything  to what @liampie says above except please everyone keep on posting and keep this site so much fun and so interesting. :magnificent:

• Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

Well done everyone! glad to see the sites doing better.

Make this place somewhere to be proud of guys! :)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Well done to all 3 of you. You've all contributed alot and deserve the awards. The articles keep getting better by Joe Jones and all the posts that have been made this month is amazing and the site is growing quite fast now. A great help for everyone whos been posting this month as everyones input helps.

• Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  1

Well done Guys

• 3 weeks later...

@hissingdwarf would you like to nominate 6 candidates who deserve to be named the Member of the Month? I feel we should continue this, as sort of hands over the touch.

If would, could you PM your list preferably before Saturday, so I can put up a poll for voting.

Wow. Is it that time already? I'm only just getting used to wearing the crown!!!

I'll PM a list to you of 6 names asap.

Wow. Is it that time already? I'm only just getting used to wearing the crown!!!

I'll PM a list to you of 6 names asap.

It comes about so quickly, we must have been having fun because that's the only time it goes fast. :D

Thanks buddy.

Archived