Tiernan to Gateshead?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

This is a complete surprise for me. I thought Notts were grooming him to be an eventual number one? Obviously not.

So are we going to have another goalkeeper coming in to fight for the number one slot?

I hope so.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If true, that reads more like a permanent deal than a loan.

If the club doesn't have faith that they can work with him and help him secure the first-team place, then this is the only reason why I would support a deal which would see Tiernan Brooks leave. Otherwise, loaning him for one more season wouldn't be a bad choice, but to sell him without fully testing his ability. It would hugely disappoint me.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I'm sure the market value of Tiernan is higher than Gateshead could afford? Perhaps Notts will have a sell on clause but Gateshead have agreed to waive the sell on clause on Macca? All speculation of course!

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

someone on facebook has suggested he has already gone but i cant see anything confirming it.

i think it would be a disappointment but it makes sense to allow tiernan brooks go and get the experience he needs to play first team football. we have signed alex bass, he seems to be looking likely to be our future keeper for some time. only issue i have, is we dont really know how good brooks could be.

allowing him to go out on loan is one thing but if he ends up being sold this season, i would be disappointed we did not test him more last year.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

It would be a letdown if the club, which seemed to be grooming him for the future, didn’t give the lad a fair chance. I hope this isn’t true, as it would be quite disheartening.

• Like 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,896

People are saying on Twitter that it’s already happened, but I can’t find anything on the Gateshead page. There’s no news on their website either, and Tiernan Brooks hasn’t said anything. So, what’s the missing piece here?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

yeah, i am seeing that too.

it does not seem to be official yet, maybe somewhere else has said it has happeed?

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I’ve not seen any solid evidence yet. I’m certain that if there was any news, someone here would have spotted it. So, for now, let’s consider it as just rumours. We need to wait for an official announcement. Until then, I don’t have much to add. I just think Tiernan Brooks is a promising player and sitting on the bench or being loaned out isn’t doing him any good.

• Like 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  1

If they are aware of the situation, why aren’t they revealing their sources? Or where the confirmation of the move is located? They might be basing their statements on rumours. I’m feeling let down, but I would be pleased for Tiernan Brooks.

• Like 7

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe the club just doesn’t feel he’s developed enough and the National League is his level? 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, yelobeli said:

Maybe the club just doesn’t feel he’s developed enough and the National League is his level? 

This is a possibility, in addition to having signed a 26-year-old who seems to be ready to grow further as a League Two keeper. Alex Bass always seems likely to be number one for us and should grow into the role. I sympathise with Aidan Stone, but I believe Tiernan Brooks would have been a better choice as the backup for Sam Slocombe.

Yet it does no purpose to have him hanging around if he won't be played regularly.

• Like 8

well i think with sam slocombes repeated injuries and the fact aidan stone falls to pieces when he concedes, it looked promising for tiernan brooks to be given a shout in the cup matches and in rotation in the league if needed.

• Like 6

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Poor Decision by the Club if this is True. Tiernan Brooks and Alex Bass pushing Each other for the Number 1 Jersey, would be a Good Thing. Being unchallenged for your Position within the First Team makes a Player become Lazy with a I Don't Care Attitude, knowing the only way he'll be Replaced is if he's injured. No Disrespect To Sam Slocombe but at 36 his career is starting to wined Down and Alex (I would think) would be looking for someone to keep him on his Toes and Challenge Him for his Place Between the Posts.

• Like 7

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Gutted if it is the case that he's departing Notts. Been saying for a couple years now that he deserved some sort of opportunity at Notts especially last season given our goalkeeping woes. Even if he doesn't play regular football and is used as a back up, it would still be useful to have for that just incase moment of a red card, injury or even replacing an out of form keeper. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465

People often take tweets as truths. As of now, I see no basis to trust it since no official announcement has been made. I don’t believe there’s a significant opportunity for him in the first team, but he could potentially be a future asset. If he’s left, I can accept it. However, if he’s still here, a loan might be a more sensible choice given our other alternatives.

• Like 4

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@BromPie

Agree. The only tweets I believe as truths before official confirmation are those made by Fabrizio Ramano as he is well informed and what he's tweeted or mentioned get officially confirmed days or weeks later. I know that's slightly off topic from the Brooks situation. On the loan front you've mentioned, how many more loans can we send him out for before he's given a chance or it's time to sell up as he's constantly out on loan? He most definitely should be considered as a future asset. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,896

What I find puzzling, if this is indeed true, is that Notts have promoted him as a future prospect. They’ve created a situation where most fans are eager to see him get a chance, which is unusual for a young goalkeeper.

I’ve noticed that some people are now calling for him, but a few months ago, I doubt we would have seen this. If they let him go without giving him a proper chance, it seems less likely that we will ever start giving young players a chance unless they immediately excel, which is highly unlikely at our level.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Notts have confirmed Tiernan's permanent departure.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

It’s very hard balance, I think everyone wants to see more academy players in the first team but I don’t think fans would want it at the expense of a competitive team. This is where you have to trust the coaches who see these players every day, if they feel they are ready then they have to be brave and give them a chance.

I don’t think Tiernan was the answer, right now, to our goal keeping issues. He was also injured a bit last season and in his short spell with Rochdale it’s hard to find many comments about his time there. But if their fans had desperately wanted him to go back, we would have known about it. He’s still young though and needs the game time, maybe another season out on loan just didn’t enthuse him - we can’t send him out on loan forever! It’s a shame, I hope he does well at Gateshead, he could well return one day in the future…

• Like 3

Mark Crossley used his persuasive skills to successfully convince Notts to sign Tiernan Brooks, following his release from Sheffield Wednesday's academy.

The high hopes we gained for Brooks came from seeing him praised by virtually everyone. The club became wrapped up with trying to push him over the line to become our first team keeper but were never really keen to give him that chance. It's been nice to see someone, like Tiernan gain the support because he has done well. I know Rochdale fans who were keen to see him join them, which I am sure they'll be disappointed about.

When Brooks managed to get into the team due to injuries etc, I think it came via a lot of fan pressure and I thought he did well.

It's better for his career that he now has made the move to become a number 1 keeper, whereas here he most likely wouldn't. At least not until things changed, it's disappointing in one hand because we never give youngsters any real chance, but it's hard to deny them a chance to flourish when an opportunity comes calling.

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I am so sorry to see Tiernan go... but it also says a lot that Stone is still here. 

I hope Notts have a sell on clause because I believe Tiernan will become good

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

Gutted he has gone. Along the lines of what others have said,  I thought  Notts were perhaps going to give him an opportunity this season. But after they signed Bass, i think he would potentially have been a good number two. Now we have an aging keeper and A keeper that can't dive for back up.  

• Like 4

Supporter+

We've had two strange decisions by Notts this week first Tiernan, now Kyle.

I hope Notts are going to bring in further players as replacements for these two that are leaving.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

Very strange from Notts. We brought in Stone whereas we would've been better off having Tiernan in there, especially when or season had been over for weeks before the end. 

• Like 3