Balancing Excitement and Disappointment

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

Notts has been successful in retaining key players for a while now. There was a sense of disappointment when Ruben Rodrigues left on a free transfer to join Oxford. However, this was offset by the permanent signings of Jodi Jones and Dan Crowley. For the most part, the club has recruited players to heighten the anticipation ahead of the new campaign. The departures of Kyle Cameron, potentially Macaulay Langstaff, and to some extent, Tiernan Brooks, do leave one wondering who might be next.

The crucial aspect, in my opinion, is to ensure that the excitement generated by new arrivals outweighs the disappointment of the departures.

Regardless of your feelings about players leaving and potential arrivals, bear in mind that once the season kicks off, everything else becomes a distraction. The primary focus should be on appreciating the players while they’re with the club, whether we win, lose or draw. We are a club with a commitment to progress, and we need to get that right before we can hope to retain players for longer periods.

After giving it some thought, I believe Notts will pinpoint the remaining gaps that need to be filled and will proceed to recruit the quality we require.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,753
  • Days Won:  173
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Of course it goes without saying that once the season begins, we will all get behind the players and the team.

Even without those players that have left & the ones that may leave, we will still have a very strong squad to challenge for promotion.

I am also sure that we haven't seen the last of the incomings either. Maybe another central defender, a right footed wing back, & a striker, (if Macca goes) would complete the squad for me.

Of course fans will be disappointed if Macca goes, but we will get over it, we always do. That's just being a football fan.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  17

Too much smoke out on the internet, for the ML to Millwall not to be true. First the speculation of £2m to £2.6m cut to £700,000 seems way wrong. I expect this will be clarified today, if he is indeed going to South East London.  Recently, the rumours of Will Evans visiting the club stands up, if Notts knew ML would be leaving. Evans could be a good replacement. But, its going to be a case of wait and see. I am surprised at him going to Millwall to be honest. Not the best footballing team in the Championship to have an interest in him. But, its going to be a case of wait and see.

• Like 7

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,964
  • Days Won:  162

i am understanding that we will at times lose key players, its how we go about it that bothers me.

signing in players does keep things different but its important to have players here for the long term that our fans can lookup to. sure someone new will become a player of this type, but losing macaulay langstaff potentially like this ahead of the season it does disappoint me. that will pass, i will in time be happier and more myself. right now, if frustrated that notts could potentially drop such a negative bomb on its own fans.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  5

It’s going to take a while to get past the disappointment. I don’t think many clubs would have made a player captain knowing he would eventually be sold. It doesn’t look good from that standpoint, even though we all knew this day would come. I support Notts, and those in charge are just trying to manage things. In a few weeks, I hope to feel more positive about this, but I can’t shake the feeling that Notts made a mistake here, both in terms of the fee paid and how they built up fans’ excitement for the upcoming season.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,171
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The press and media have a way of reporting things and in some cases, they load their articles with dynamite knowing at some point it will explode. Notts are fortunate that with time, most people will overcome all this luck. It would have always been a disappointment to see Macaulay Langstaff move on, but we all knew one day it would happen.

What we didn't expect was the club to appoint him as captain, then leave him void of the marketing with the kid/training wear.

Combined with all the messages and content put out, it does seem likely that they knew something would happen. If it was a case of hoping they could retain him or just a mishap between communication. I fully understand why fans are more downhearted, it's like having your hopes and feelings played with.

Personally, I am thinking past all this. However, I have shared my thoughts above because it is an important subject.

My focus is on giving my fullest support to the players who are here, whilst hoping that Langstaff does well for Millwall. I really hope he goes on to prove himself. We'll sign more players, some of them will be favourites with the fans. I hope Cedwyn Scott receives the opportunity to prove himself as our main striker.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  1

Following any football club will always bring some disappointment. When we reflect on Macaulay Langstaff’s transfer, we should remember the moments and memories he gave us fans. For instance, his penalty kick at Wembley that helped us gain promotion, his 40+ goals in the National League, and all those rainy match days when we hoped to return to the Football League. Langstaff will always share a bond with Notts, and with us, the fans.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  141

After a few days, most of those who are upset will come to their senses. It’s just the usual ones who thrive on such situations to spread more negativity. The club is in good hands; we just need to keep building.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1,706
  • Days Won:  36

We all knew that Macca would be in demand this summer and most thought at the end of last season that he had played his last game for us. I think people are feeling disappointed because of the false hope given to us after making him captain a few weeks ago, which hastened Cameron’s departure from the club.

I think there is a little bit of panic in the eyes of Notts fans as we have seen five players leave in the last few days, even though only one would have been classed as a first XI starter this season. Notts need to settle the fans nerves with a couple of signings in the next few days and all will be well again.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3,469
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I try not to post when I feel my disappointment is driven more by anger. I consider myself a rational thinker, so I don’t naturally balance my expectations. This is Notts County, we have to accept the good and the bad in equal measure and enjoy the time we have with our favourite players.