Just Supposing.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

This may come across to some PON Members as Not Really Fair and For It To Happen many different things need to Drop into Place. But

Just Supposing.

If things Don't Work Out for Stuart Maynard at Meadow Lane and he loses his Job

And if Things Don't Work Out for Luke Williams at Swansea and he loses his Job

Would You my Fellow PON Members Like to See Luke Back In The Notts Dug Out ?

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  154
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

In one word No. I think he has moved on. He will sink or swim where he is. He chose to leave Notts to further his career and the same goes for Stuart too.

I do hope they both succeed but Notts will have moved on too, & being Notts, I am quite sure that the Reedtz brothers already have a shortlist ready & waiting to be put into action if circumstances dictate & Luke Williams won't be on that shortlist.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

No, I doubt it would be the same. I would prefer to give Stuart Maynard the season rather than see a former manager return, especially Luke Williams. While I hope we never cross paths with Ian Burchnall again, because his departure for FGR was disappointing. I understood Williams’ decision to leave. However, we have moved on and rehiring him would be a step backwards. Williams never showed any signs of addressing our defensive shortcomings and I will always be grateful for his efforts in helping us return to the Football League and establish ourselves as a League Two team, but I don’t want him back.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Maynard is our manager and a ball hasn’t been kicked yet so talk of him failing and having to be replaced is premature to say the least. I agree with @Joshua we have moved on and a return of Williams would be a step backwards.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Let me point out this is just a Hypothetical situation.  A What If, it doesn't mean I want Stuart Maynard Sacked, I was just Interested to know what Fans would want if such a Situation Arose. Luke Williams did deliver what Notts Fans wanted in the Short Time he was at the Club, that is a Return to the EFL and I  wanted to learn PON Members Feelings Regarding a Return of the Guy who did that.

The Great Jimmy Sirrel also left Notts for the Managers Position at Sheffield United, but Returned to the Lane and Gained Legendry Status. I wonder how many Notts Fans didn't want him to Return?

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  36

To be quite honest, I wouldn’t have Williams back at the moment but things might change so never say never. 

I think that ship has sailed though and I can see the brothers always looking to appoint an up and coming coach rather than an established one.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  154
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Sorry but I would never have Williams back. 

He left without sorting out the team's poor form that he was totally responsible for.

If the poor form continued he could have been sacked anyway. 

He was getting bent out of shape, barking at the players during matches and losing his rag so much that he lost his voice.

I prefer the Maynard approach, not the Williams approach.

7 hours ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

Let me point out this is just a Hypothetical situation.  A What If, it doesn't mean I want Stuart Mayna

The Great Jimmy Sirrel also left Notts for the Managers Position at Sheffield United, but Returned to the Lane and Gained Legendary Status. I wonder how many Notts Fans didn't want him to Return?

I think your trying to compare chalk with cheese here, but there's no comparison between the two.

Williams isn't even in the same league as our Jimmy.

• Like 3

@Robbie

The Chalk and Cheese expression you quote may be True, but I merely stated that Jimmy also left to seek Pastures New. And at that time there May have been Notts Fans who didn't want Jimmy back. Something We'll Never Know because back when Jimmy left the only Social Media Platform were the discussions down the Boozer after a Match. And if a Fan wanted to express his feelings to a Wider Audience then He'd send a Letter to the Editor of some Local Rag. Which More Than Likely wouldn't have gained much Traction with the Editor anyway.

There is without a shadow of Doubt Fans who wouldn't Give Williams the time of Day and wouldn't want him back  at any Price and Yet If the Situation I have Invented came about there are other Fans who would Welcome it. Despite the Popularity of this Website it is home to only a small percentage of the Notts Fan Base. If Williams was reinstated and he took over a Struggling League 2 side and bought about their Promotion to League 1 and maybe even to the Championship as that seems to be the Notts Holy Grail, how Long would it take for him to be Forgiven? It's not that he left the Magpies on the Brink of Relegation, which if that had been the case he wouldn't have had the Swansea offer anyway  and would have been out of a Job. We Fans will Never Know how or where Notts would have finished had Williams  stayed.

My own Personal View for what it's worth is No . When he left the Lane I was of the Opinion that he let Notts Down, by not at least seeing out the Season. Then again the Swansea job may not have been available then, and Williams can't be criticized for wanting the Chance to Prove himself at a Higher level and all the Benefits that Position would bring for both himself and his Family.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  269
  • Days Won:  1

I hope that we transition to a different style of head coach, specifically someone with more league experience, if and when Stuart Maynard departs. I have nothing but respect for Luke Williams’ tenure at Notts; he was a brilliant person to listen to. However, we need to move on from the past. If he becomes available when Notts is seeking a new head coach, I hope they choose differently and opt for someone who has enjoyed multiple promotions in the EFL.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  3,376
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I wouldn’t be opposed to the club wanting Luke Williams to return, but I believe that even if Swansea City were to dismiss him, a League One club at the very least would consider offering him a new opportunity. His departure was understandable; it was a difficult time for us, but it made sense for him. If he had left when we were performing well, it would have made things much easier for Stuart Maynard. I fully support Maynard; he seems to be a competent coach, and I hope he can achieve the results to solidify his position. However, when his time comes to an end, as it does for all managers, I wouldn’t reject Williams if he were available, although there might be better-suited head coaches at the same time.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

I can’t see why it wouldn’t work out, but I do have the feeling that Luke Williams departed without demonstrating that he could navigate us through a tough period and steer the club back on course. Things were going downhill, and then he left, which had a further impact on the players.

There’s no denying that he’s an excellent coach, a good speaker, and motivates the players, so I wouldn’t rule him out. However, I do feel that Notts may have moved on.

Williams is largely a positive choice for the position of head coach, so we can’t predict what might happen, and he may be better off after his time away. Whatever the future holds, right now Stuart Maynard is our head coach, and I sincerely hope he succeeds.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

I’m on the fence about Luke Williams. While I think he’s a competent coach and agree with many of the previous points, I’m aware that his return could be a step backwards. On the other hand, it could also lead to further success. It felt like Williams had the potential to propel Notts forward and climb the leagues. Even though he left for Swansea City, his departure was understandable and he left with our blessings. His decision to move closer to his family was sensible. However, if he were to return one day, I would hope that the Notts board would insist that he settle in the area.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

no from me.

i dont mind that he left, i dont hold it against him because hes nearer to his family and getting us back to the football league is a job well done. but when you have a manager that leaves during a poor spell, is given an opportunity where he was not successful with elsewhere, staying for the season and trying to fix the defence would have made me reconsider my stance now.

he left, we really needed strong leadership and whilst i really dont blame him for leaving. i think there could always be a possibility that it could be repeated. i also think we are more inclined to move forward.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I hope that Stuart Maynard grows in the role as our head coach and manages to maintain his position for a few seasons, it would give us stability and make sure we are heading in the right direction, but football is a points based business, you have to win games and meet the standards outlined by the club.

Personally, I am very thankful for Luke Williams. He's a good coach and I wish him success. If he finds himself without a club and Notts are seeking a new head coach - I wouldn't be against him returning. I would prefer we moved on, no disrespect to Williams. I enjoyed hearing him speak about the players and things in general, but I am more hopeful we can identify people who bring something different.

I wasn't very keen on the reaction he gave to the players after we conceded two goals, I think against Forest Green. For me, this was the point where our season started to turn negative and further blows by losing Matt Palmer didn't help, but defensively we weren't as bad as we became after the 'talk' that took place after the final whistle.

It's harsh to blame him outright for the defensive issues we have, but it's fair to say he never seemed to have the answer. He got the best out of our players, but lost it after that point from the defence point of view. I would rather see the club look to bring in someone who wouldn't be likely to repeat defensive issues. Good defenders are essential due to the tactical setup implemented by Williams. I just don't think it would make sense to re-hire someone who wasn't able to tighten up the goals we leaked. Perhaps he could see how things were changing, but I do feel we lost confidence from a talk which wasn't needed.

• Like 1