Junior Morias to Dagenham & Redbridge on loan.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  153
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Good luck to Junior. Hope he gets plenty of game time.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Sad 1

Supporter+

Senior Squad is now down to 20 players again, We certainly need an incoming striker now.

Hope that Notts have one in the pipeline. A Squad of just 20 is nor big enough. Stockport, Wrexham & Mansfield proved that last season with their big squads.

• Like 7

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

I wish Junior all the Best at Dagenham & Red Bridge, he'll get more Game Time there than at the Lane. It wouldn't Surprise me if the loan is made Permanent come January. He never seemed to get the Rub of the Green at Notts . What with Macca and Didzy up front then the arrival of Jatta  pushed him further down the Pecking Order, he never seemed to been given the Chance by Luke Williams or Stuart Maynard  to try and establish himself in the Starting XI.

• Like 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Surely Notts will have a striker lined up? I certainly hope so.

If Junior starts banging goals in I hope we have a recall option.

• Like 8

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  363
  • Days Won:  1

No way near is doppelganger.. I'll always refer to him as Junior Akinfenwa 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1
  • Confused 1

The thing about signing a New Striker is they cost Money and if the Club do sign another Striker don't be Surprised if he comes from Abroad. Then again  the Club might ask Les Bradd to make a comeback🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Supporter+

I'm really sad to see Junior go. He should have been given more opportunities. 

Notts have a brilliant midfield and wingers that give our strikers plenty of chances. 

I'm sure that Junior would have been successful if he had been given a run.. 

There's probably more to it than we know I think.

How do we know that a new striker will be any better than Junior, unless Notts are prepared to pay money for one 

Then the question is, why did they allow Macaulay to go?

• Like 4

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,662
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Robbie "A Squad of just 20 is nor big enough. Stockport, Wrexham & Mansfield proved that last season with their big squads."

We are not in their financial league. Notts have a mid League 1 table budget

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Supporter+
5 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Robbie "A Squad of just 20 is nor big enough. Stockport, Wrexham & Mansfield proved that last season with their big squads."

We are not in their financial league. Notts have a mid League 1 table budget

Then Notts should have given Junior a chance.

Scott hasn't proved his fitness yet, so if Notts can't afford to pay for another striker, getting one in on a free while sending one out on loan doesn't make much sense.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The More I think about it, the more I'm Convinced there's something more to Macca's Move, than is being Told to the Fans. What that is ? I Don't Know But Something Doesn't Seem Right. Then Again Fans Will Only Be Told What They Need To Know.

@Piethagoram

And yet  in a Statement The Fans Were Told. Notts Don't Need To Sell Players  And Have A Budget To Cover Playing In League 1 and Perhaps the Lower Half Of The Championship. It Would Appear That The Budget Has Been Either Wrongly Calculated Or The Purchase Of The Nest Site And The Laying Of a Premier League Playing Surface at the Lane, Have Cost More Than First Estimated.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,662
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Robbie @Wheelbarrow repair man

I hear what you saying. Going back donkeys years, Pavis selling Draper, Short, Johnson..... to get money to rebuild Meadow Lane to comply with the Taylor Report

I do secretly fear we maybe making the same mistake. Yes, we do need another striker now and another central midfielder.

On Morias, from what I have seen, I think the signing was a mistake. I hope he recovers his scoring ability at Dagenham

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

It’s frustrating how we gave Junior Morias such a small opportunity, especially considering we paid money and acted as if he would be the player to help us climb the table when we signed him. One thing I really dislike is that we paid a fee and then never gave him a chance, only to loan him out ahead of a season where we are short and he would likely get more playing time. This is very disappointing.

It’s clear that he was signed for the hype but was never valued by the club’s personnel. I also don’t understand why we are loaning him out if we plan to bring in another player.

Additionally, I sincerely hope we don’t put David McGoldrick up front. He’ll squander more opportunities than he will score by trying to do everything on his own.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Supporter+

I agree with your sentiments @CliftonMagpie The loaning out of Junior is very perplexing to me. In one of the few games he played for us he scored.

We are now short of attacking cover, other clubs are going to see it, & will put their price up for a decent striker.

It's not unconnected as far as I'm concerned that since Macca left, incomings have slowed down.

Macca was a big draw to entice players to come to Notts. I just hope his going hasn't affected the decision of players to come here.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

It’s such a missed opportunity. He looked good in the pre-season, but it makes me think that changes are on the way and the club might have identified another striker. It’s a shame for Junior Morias. Despite his small size, he was lightning quick and always made a nuisance of himself. I don’t think many fans can really criticise him based on the number of appearances he made for us, as he always got involved when given the chance.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i hope we have a good incoming replacement because with the loss of macaulay langstaff and now junior morias being shifted out on loan we are quite bear up top. i am very disappointed, the p word would be more suited but that is just because i feel if the club is targeting a striker, i just feel we should let players out when we know we have them.

football is funny, because we as fans see where the club needs to strengthen and for once the defence has been the main target. yet at the same time we have weakened ourselves up top which makes me unhappy.

i am reserved enough to understand that we might be making a move for a striker but it does change how i currently feel. sometimes you lose out on a target and things can change.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

We need to stop making signings like this because it's just a waste. I don't blame Junior Morias; he probably wants to play more, which is why he's gone on loan. I know some people here didn't believe in him, but I always felt he tried and deserved more game time. Most of his chances came in our weaker squad, which barely had any of the players we consider starters. It just seems unfair, but I wish him success at Dagenham and Redbridge.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I do think it's highly likely that Junior Morias wants to play regular football, from his pre-season appearances he might feel that his chances are slim and if there's talk within the club that a new striker is going to be signed - I imagine this would further create the ambition to be playing more frequently. I have always felt he looked a good player, when given a chance he has impressed me.

His speed was very quick, which made teams struggle, but we never made the most of his ability.

I find it strange how he spent a portion allegedly out injured, when he's had very little injuries and had played a lot for Dagenham & Redbridge upon signing for us. I think the club panicked a little, signed him in hope of having cover going into the playoffs and found that there wasn't the need for him. Certainly with the amount of subs named in the National League it would have been difficult.

Yet more opportunity should have come in League Two, I am very disappointed by Notts, but I am glad Morias will finally get his chance to play more regularly. If there's a recall option in his deal, Notts would be best to allow him to remain - bringing back would just be wasteful for his career.

• Like 1