Weekly chat 12th - 18th August

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning it’s the start of another week, it’s been raining here that wasn’t in the forecast, blooming weather men.

This morning I’ve got the opticians it’s a routine check up, my mother had glaucoma which can be hereditary so I like to keep my eyes checked.

We’ve also got a chap coming to look at the burglar alarm which keeps going off in the middle of the night saying a window is open, when we check all the windows they’re all shut so hopefully he can sort that out for us.

Have a great day whatever you are doing.

• Like 5

Supporter+

Good morning it’s another nice start to the day. Did anyone see the shooting stars or the northern lights last night? Both were visible apparently, it’s too late for us but our son took this picture of the northern lights.

IMG_0205.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Was a lovely morning this morning with lots of sun. We were forecast more cloud this afternoon, but it hasn't arrived yet although the sky is hazy.

Got my self into the garden, cut the grass and weeded. Flowers have picked up after the brief thunderstorm yesterday.

It was very dark sky toward the North but we missed most of the deluge here 

Our oak leaf hydrangea bush is doing well this year. It has large white cone shaped flowers that turn cream after a few weeks then pink for a while then brown. It normally flowers in August but it's a little early this year.

Some sad news to report, the wood pigeons nesting in our American Lilac have abandoned it. I guessed they would. It was too low to the ground & in a vunerable position unfortunately.

It's positioned to high to see if any eggs were laid but we hadn't seen any activity at the nest for  few several days.

Last year we had a robin nesting and rearing young in our Ivy hedge. In past years we've had a sparrow family nesting in one of our very thick conifer bushes. 

So we've seen successes but unfortunately it didn't work for the wood pigeons this time.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Right now, I am updating my Google calendar that myself and @cheeky~k8 setup so that I can be more organised. :) 

I have already lined-up opposition views for Grimsby Town, Swindont and Fleetwood are in the process of exchanging communication. I need to find time to write up an article based on what Jacob Bedeau said after the Tranmere Rovers game. I saved that for a quieter day, as sorting the social media has been fun.

Today will be mostly focused on preparing for the Fleetwood game and the future.

It's quite nice, as I have a cool breeze coming in from my window and I have YouTube on the TV as a means to keep me entertained. Some might find it distracting, but for me, it helps with keeping things flowing - instead of worrying about x, y or z.

• Like 6

Supporter+

@Robbie we had a blackbirds nest in our Montana clematis which covers the fence, the parents were dodging in and out all the time feeding the babies and we could here the cheeping, there’s no activity now I assume they’ve fledged and flown the nest, I hope our cat didn’t get them but I haven’t found any remains so I’m assuming not.

@Chris I’m looking forward to reading the articles it sounds like you’ve been busy as usual. Don’t forget to take breaks regularly.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  285
  • Days Won:  0

I have been pottering around the last few days, mostly in the garden tidying things up and weeding. It’s been quite nice out, warm but my back garden is nicely shaded. I don’t spend more than an hour at a time doing it. Quick mow of the lawn, then weeding. Break and then sort the edges and overgrown plants.

• Like 5

Supporter+

Our son and family have gone on a camping holiday to the New Forest he’s deliberately chosen a pitch with no electricity and they won’t have any data either, our grandchildren will be very unhappy that they are not able to use their gadgets, so good luck to them all for a peaceful, argument free holiday. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  616
  • Days Won:  1

I might be one of the youngest fans here, but I can go without my phone, and I find exploring nature fun, especially camping.

I’ve been trying to find more time to come on here, but I just post from my phone.

I’m still off school, so it’s nice to have something to do. I really like that we can share things and talk about Notts.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i have hi jacked a computer at work which i am going to safely logout of from pon and clear the cookies etc. work is fine with staff using them for personal use on their breaks. 👍 im going to treat myself to kfc when i finish work.

with it being cooler and nice out, i really crave crispy chicken. 😛

i think its all the training i have had to do today.

• Like 4

Supporter+

Thursday.

A bit cloudy today, much fresher out. The wind has got up and there is now rain in the air.

In the garden our Rudbeckia Fulgida yellow Prairie flowers are coming out. Looks like a good year for them.

We were both going to shampoo the living room carpet today, but as we had a Tesco delivery this morning we've postponed it for another day 

• Like 3

Supporter+

@Robbie we bought a vax carpet cleaner  after succumbing to a dreaded tv advert, we got a steam cleaner free with it, up to now we are quite impressed, it certainly got some dirty water in the tank after we’d finished we didn’t think the carpet was that bad. 😮

• Like 3

Supporter+

@Fan of Big Tone we've had one for a few years now. When you see the dirty water you do wonder where it's come from, but it does do an excellent job.

• Like 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,276
  • Days Won:  69

I went for my annual Eye test this morning. There and back home in less than an hour and eyesight no deterioration .The weather was quite windy and very noticeably cooler.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Supporter+
44 minutes ago, super_ram said:

I went for my annual Eye test this morning. There and back home in less than an hour and eyesight no deterioration .The weather was quite windy and very noticeably cooler.

I went for my eye test the other day and she said my eyes haven’t changed for 4 years, which ain’t bad at our age @super_ram

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Supporter+

@Fan of Big Tone

@super_ram

I have to have an eye test every year to ensure I pass my HGV medical which is yearly, either by an optician or the Doctor during the medical

I'm due to go for an eye test soon. My eyes seem to deteriorate a little every year for long distance. Reading is ok.

• Like 3

Supporter+

@Robbie @super_ram My mum had glaucoma that left her practically blind and it’s hereditary so I get tested every year.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Up early this morning. 

Another nice morning in Mansfield. Not a cloud in the Sky early morning. A little bit cooler today. Nice breeze too.

Job number one. Filled the car with unwanted junk, you know, the stuff you collect over the years, that gather dust, & took to the recycle.

Asked where the general waste is? They don't have one now, so spent about an hour sorting the junk into different skips.

The recycle place don't waste anything now..

Spent the early afternoon sat in the garden taking the sun in. Still lots to do in house & garden but no rush

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

On 13/08/2024 at 15:29, Fan of Big Tone said:

@Chris I’m looking forward to reading the articles it sounds like you’ve been busy as usual. Don’t forget to take breaks regularly.

I know, and I do - believe me. :) 

Yesterday, I went to an appointment with @cheeky~k8. It was very warm in the waiting room, I would have melted if it was on one of those really warm days. I could feel the liquid leaving my body. I left feeling like I had been in a sauna. It was a bit on the gloomy side, though I happily just walked back to the bus stop and home wearing a t-shirt (no coat/jumper).

Later on, we also went to the cinema for a belated treat for Ava's 13th birthday.

Got caught in a bit of an April type shower walking to it, but I really enjoyed the quality time with the family. 💓

Today, I have felt quite drained - so I have listened to my body and decided to rest. I'll be having an early night later, I think.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Mrs. T made a lovely veggie curry tonight, I washed it down with a pint of Hobgoblin Ruby Ale, they sell it in pint cans at Tesco, yes pint cans not 500 ml, so you get more for your money. 

Not decided whether to go to park run tomorrow, I’ll see how I feel.

Night all. 🥱 

• Love 1

Supporter+

I did the park run this morning, I thought I’d just have a gentle trot round and not worry about my time, ironically when I got the result I’d done the best time for ten weeks, so I’m chuffed with that.

The rest of the day will be a relaxing one, with maybe a short walk.

Gammon steak and chips for tea. :happybanana:

• Love 1

Supporter+

It was a nice morning early on with plenty of sun clouded over now.

Was going to sit out but temperature has dropped somewhat.

Seen some bees and butterflies out today, but we haven't seen so many this summer nor have we seen many wasps either.

We take all these insects for granted & they do so much good work to germinate plants & fruit trees.

Without them we'd be in a lot of trouble food production wise.Wonder if it has anything to do with my poor apple crop this year?

• Like 2

Supporter+

Morning all it’s matchday, who’s excited? I’ve got my ticket, £16 for an old fogey who’s a member, after the match we’ve got some pork steaks and sausages to stick on the bbq so hopefully I’ll be having a few beers in the garden if it’s warm and sunny.

Have a great day everyone.

• Love 1

Supporter+

A bit overcast this morning and cooler than previous days.

Been pretty busy in the garden this morning. Trimming, Weeding & watering the garden.

Finished in time to listen to the build up on Radio Nottingham then listened to the match, and having a snack at the same time.

Having a rest after the exertion of this morning. Looks like the clouds are clearing and it will be a nice end to the day.

• Like 1

Supporter+

I got home from the match grabbed a beer out of the fridge and lit the bbq, our pork steaks and sausages were lovely, Mrs. T had been keeping tabs on the match score and was really pleased that we’d equalised at the end.

Later we watched some catch up tv, it’s been a good day.

• Like 1