It could be wurst

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  73
  • Days Won:  0

You would be lucky to eat at a football stadium for less than £5. There is also the risk of food poisoning. It makes you wonder why the standard of food is so bad. I want Notts to bring back Pukka pies.

• Like 10

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,896
  • Days Won:  5

Just like hot dogs, not all are the same quality, but they can be very nice. When Nottingham has the festive market, I like to buy one sometimes. But they are much more expensive here. I think it was about £10! I also want to have donuts in the KOP. I wouldn't leave because I would eat as many as I could.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I don't eat food at football games. It's either not very good or it's too expensive. I usually eat before the game. At away games, I will get something at a service station. I wouldn't mind Notts upgrading their hot dogs, but I doubt they will.

German football seems fairly priced, both to attend and to eat.

• Like 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

pukka pies are the only thing i would buy if i was hungry and at a push, i was not aware that notts had stopped selling them. do you have any ideas why? @Piethagoram

i thought the pies were pukka ones, but i suppose we could have generic ones now. i cant say i have noticed because like others i eat before or at a restaurant. rather than any of the vans or club offerings.

• Like 7

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

New shortcrust pastry non Pukka pies this season. Overpriced and a disgrace to serve such to #Notts supporters

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  628
  • Days Won:  1

Notts should consider improving the food options in the stands. We are a bit behind the times, and not everyone wants to eat from a food truck.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The hot dogs at Notts have a rubbery taste! I don't like them. A nice German sausage would be much better. I wonder if @DangerousSausage would agree? Provided he's not tripping over them, what's the worst that could happen?

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

A proper Bratwurst wouldn't be bad, but rest assured they'd price it like a foreign delicacy. A tenner is outrageous. €3.50 is pretty much the standard price for them here, but it creeps up as soon as there's a captive audience - Bayern charge €5 for theirs, and Mrs Sausage was charged €7 for one at the festival we were at at the weekend. Bear in mind that they're less filling than a pie, it's just a sausage and a bit of industrially made bread. They can be very tasty, but you won't find the best ones near a football ground.

I think Currywurst would do well. Great comfort food and surely easy enough for one of the greasy vans outside the ground to do.

I never thought we'd be pining for Pukka pies, sad times :(

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  0

Pukka pies are about the only thing I would eat at a football game if I were desperate. The hot dogs are rather bland, so if the club were to look for a nicer replacement, a German sausage could do the trick.

It's money the club is missing out on and would be one of the easiest things they could change. The tea bars should have the demand to cater to fans and make money without charging ridiculous amounts.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

@DangerousSausage, £4.50 for a good German sausage wouldn't be a bad price to pay. The hot dogs at games tend to be terrible. They have little taste and wouldn't be worth the price. Notts would do well to consider shaking things up inside the ground. The van located in the Kop that sells chips gets plenty of business despite complaints about the price and quality. Just around the back of the car park, there's a portable bar. So, the club sees that there is money to be made, just not in the food department inside the ground.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It could be wurst.... I know Notts used to re-heat the unsold hot dogs in the past, I hope this practice has stopped because it's the reason why they tended to be very rubbery. A good hot dog is a nice thing to fill the void with hunger at a football game. It does seem like other footballing countries are more creative when it comes to what food is served on a match day.

Notts manages to make simple items like chips appear overpriced.

Clubs aimed at drawing large crowds also attract affluent individuals who are willing to pay a premium when needed. I wouldn't, never will either.

• Like 2