MAD

Feral Fox

seeming as there is a current thread on MAD comparing the two sites, i thought I'd let people offer their opinions here as to which they really prefer and why.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=402&fid=17&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111348488

TBH though I think if we spend all day comparing two totally different sites then the reason for the sites in the first place is being lost!

I know I prefer here to MAD due to the fact that people are ...well...normal (well most of you anyway!)

:demon:  :demon:  :demon:  :rollonfloorlaughing:  :rollonfloorlaughing:

Supporter+

The two sites are like chalk and cheese, this site is welcoming and friendly, Mad is just the opposite in my opinion.

If ever this site gets like Mad I will be off but it won't because the people who come here respect each other, yes we have banter and a bit of fun but there are also some great intelligent, articulate posters.

To be honest I don't think we need to defend this site and I certainly wouldn't go on Mad and defend it.

The two sites are like chalk and cheese, this site is welcoming and friendly, Mad is just the opposite in my opinion.

If ever this site gets like Mad I will be off but it won't because the people who come here respect each other, yes we have banter and a bit of fun but there are also some great intelligent, articulate posters.

To be honest I don't think we need to defend this site and I certainly wouldn't go on Mad and defend it.

We won't, I won't let it and you know that.

There will be a day when the majority of fans see us how PoN really is, however I had this link referred to me by 3 Facebook friends. None was willing to tell me what it was about, however I don't really care. Tony is right, we don't need to defend PoN or provide reasons why people should prefer us. It's pretty much down to personal opinions, something which I am sure the other site will accept. Well, you would have to fit in with the majority I suppose. LOL

i added that site to my browsers unapproved list but i will say my mum was concerned about me joining pon when i first did. she likes the site, she does not like football but she will ask me how everyone is and she knows how much i enjoy having somewhere to discuss notts.

long live pon, @notts-joe and everyone does a great job.

Supporter+

Always do what your mum says @liampie, mum's know best.

i added that site to my browsers unapproved list but i will say my mum was concerned about me joining pon when i first did. she likes the site, she does not like football but she will ask me how everyone is and she knows how much i enjoy having somewhere to discuss notts.

This right here is the difference.

Even though we don't 'know' each other we still post each day caring about the other people and their lives and their personal opinions.

I agree with @tonyhateley Do what your mum says and you wont go far wrong in life.

Respect is the big difference and if more people could show it in their real lives then the world would probably be an easier place for people to live in.

Enough of the philosophy. leave MAD alone @liampie its really not worth the hassle.

I echo the above, listen to your mother buddy! @GrannyPie will always help me see sense, Super is a different story. I take what he say's with a pinch of salt.... LOL :lol:

A community is all about being open and warm, when you go to games do you speak to people who swear and belittle you? I know I don't, I've had enough of people like this and I keep clear of unfriendly fans.

I speak to quite a few now on match days, whereas I used to hide. I look forward to seeing people, quite a few are inactive and I managed to bump into somebody called Steve who I have a lot of respect for. Another is called Jon, I always tend to bump into him when near the pubs and of course whilst me and @Cobby trying to get interviews for the 'Meet the Fans' feature.

It's not all that different here, I look forward to seeing who says what and of course if @tonyhateley or @super_ram are in trouble with a certain community resident.

Worry not about small minded people or those who prefer something they're familiar with, it doesn't have any effect on us.

This right here is the difference.

Even though we don't 'know' each other we still post each day caring about the other people and their lives and their personal opinions.

I agree with @tonyhateley Do what your mum says and you wont go far wrong in life.

Respect is the big difference and if more people could show it in their real lives then the world would probably be an easier place for people to live in.

Enough of the philosophy. leave MAD alone @liampie its really not worth the hassle.

i dont bother with it, i joined when i was like 13/14 and i had very nasty messages directed at me. majority telling me i needed to spend more time in school or telling me that they wanted to meet me, esp when things became verbal towards me for sharing my opinion. i dont bother with it tho, its not worth the hassle.

i really dont get why the club acknowledge the site tho, its horrible.

@tonyhateley @notts-joe yeah i do, my mums the voice of reason around here.

when i go to see my dad, he will ask about notts and some of what i have been up to. he is not a fan of message boards, he thinks the majority are idiots and people who dont have a life outside of the web. i like them tho!

@Beefsteak same as me, i think more should give up with it.

As one of the 'old farts'(Their words-says a lot) I couldn't give a @$8*# about the other site.If folks want to go there, well ,it's up to them. I like it here ,where everyone is respectful,whatever their views or  team preference.

Say hello to your mum and dad for me,hope they're both well,You are a credit to them(and do as your mum says) :thumbsup:

No Question in our minds. PON is the only Notts fan Site worth posting or reading. If you can Please Make sure this stay's a good clean site for all. 

Well done to all involved 

This site is way too friendly.

It should be read negative beyond all recognition. Will show down for good.

I'm going off to be negative on the mad board instead goodbye

Forget ya medals

This "'old fart's" got a good memory. :biggrin:

This site is way too friendly.

It should be read negative beyond all recognition. Will show down for good.

I'm going off to be negative on the mad board instead goodbye

Forget ya medals

your not allowed your apart of the pon ncfc family! :P

I joined PON when this site was playing up a few months back & it's ok. Ironically in comparison with Mad I found it over friendly in that people seem to post & everyone agrees with them almost like it's bad manners to have a different view, I know that the posters on Mad sometimes go OTT when arguing but at least if you call someone a Numpty they take it whereas I get the feeling that on PON they would burst into tears. That said if/when Mad dies I would certainly give PON another go & indeed still have a look now & then.

@Ancientpie - Seriously? I think you have it the wrong way round.

It's not bad manners at all, we are open to discussion but not holding people gun point to believe our views. That's pretty much taking an hostage! LOL I've seen quite a few members here call each other names in a friendly way, not all are personal tho. I'm ignoring the final comments but I am glad you read and visit.

would i cry if someone disagreed with me no! if someone disagrees with someone on there, you have to call in the UN!

if people dont want to contribute towards something i see as being very ambitious and rewarding, then can continue to go where ever they choose but they should not be personal or childish about it.

Well said,@liampie after all it's Notts County that both sites are about not individual members.Can we put this one to bed now and concentrate on living our lives

Our very own @ivansneck thoughts.

A not unreasonable summation.

The main reason I post more on PoN than here is that too many of my threads here got hijacked by petty arguments between posters.

PoN could do with more disagreement and MAD could do with less gratuitous abuse.

My view is that the best forum would be half way between the two.

Interesting to say the least.

Yes but there's no need to argue or disagree just for the sake of it and there's definitely no need to be abusive.

Yes but there's no need to argue or disagree just for the sake of it and there's definitely no need to be abusive.

Well when PoNs been around aslong as footymad perhaps we can compare, however it seems solely based on members and being overly friendly. I find that silly. I've been discussing this on a webmasters forum and it seems to amuse them.

When we attract more posters, different opinions will emerge. Its like comparing our fan base to Chelsea, however NCM is dated beyond relics.

Lastly why should we change? I won't, our community is what matters. People can disagree with my comment, it wouldn't be the end of the world but PoN's different and people should accept that. As I say good discussions will come with time (if you want to read people disagreeing) but no personal attacks will be tolerated. Agree to disagree, be respectful and moved on (I wanted to type act your ages).

Supporter+

Of course there's a need to argue and disagree, don't talk stupid, we've got to get with the times and be more abrasive and rude to each other you silly old fart. :joker:

Of course there's a need to argue and disagree, don't talk stupid, we've got to get with the times and be more abrasive and rude to each other you silly old fart. :joker:

Shurrup rentagob.Go back to Bristol and get some prediction practice in. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Archived