Notts County vs Oldham Athletic

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This is the game I saw ending as a draw, however I think it's more important we get the result and 3 points now. If the formation is the same, with little attacking I can see more fans becoming rest less.

Oldham aren't a side to fear, however they have a former magpie loanee and he's scoring!

6 from 5 games, quite impressive. I'd like to see a few changes, nothing major but it would be nice to see some more pace injected into the side. The score will be quite close I think, perhaps 2-1... I do feel we can do enough to warrant and take the lead, it will be an hard working game.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

i really dont know, i think oldham will be better than last season. if we dont attack in a way which will break them down, i see the game ending goalless.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

If we don't win it's hardly the end of the world. Think it's a bit pathetic the way some fans are already moaning. Did not everybody say at the end of last season we'd love a midtable finish this season?

That's all irrelivant though because we're gonna win 2-0 tommorow :)

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

If we don't win it's hardly the end of the world. Think it's a bit pathetic the way some fans are already moaning. Did not everybody say at the end of last season we'd love a midtable finish this season?

Oldham are there for the taking, playing the way we did on tuesday will not be good when encouraging fans to come ml. Midtable would be respectful, though we do need to make sure we pick up points where and when we can.

This is a game i would have as winnable and they are the games we should compete in.

I hope you're right!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I really think we need to go at them tomrrow. No messin around.

Notts 3 - 1 Oldham

Someone is going to get a spanking and it's time,  we raised confidencce this season and to make sure it's going to be ok.

Hard work yes, but it should be ok.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I think you needed to have sat in ML on Tuesday night before slating anyone for moaning, if we continue to play like that we will be lucky to finish in mid table.

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I think you needed to have sat in ML on Tuesday night before slating anyone for moaning, if we continue to play like that we will be lucky to finish in mid table.

If we continue to draw against teams who made the play-offs last season and who stuck 4/5 goals past us last season, we'll be lucky to finish mid-table?

If we continue to draw against teams who made the play-offs last season and who stuck 4/5 goals past us last season, we'll be lucky to finish mid-table?

The sole reason we drew was the inability of their forwards to finish any of their multiple chances, thats pure luck not judgement on our behalf

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

I was sat in the Kop on Tues and i do agree it was not very exciting, but when Troare came on we livened up and started to move the ball quicker,i would start with him and Haynes today to try and inject more pace into the team. Coyp

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,301
  • Days Won:  69

Good luck Notts.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I'm hoping for a win,a good performance and some positive posts after the obvious disappointment most members showed after the Orient match.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Couldn't make it to the Lane today due to severe ear infection (hence me being quiet for the week!) but interested to hear views of those who did o to compare to Uncle Cols' comm. It sounded dreadful attacking wise again. Sound defense, but nothing at all going forward.

I spoke to several fans after the game (well they approached me). All concerned about our in ability to bring the ball forward and put it to use, I can understand this because the first half was frustrating. The changes made within the second introduced improvement, Thompson looked useful on the wing and we started to look more lively. Shaun Harrad needs to learn to keep on his feet, if he didn't go down so easily I honestly believe the referee would have given us a penalty. He had moments after which he decided to go down to ground without much interference and I have to say I DON'T LIKE IT.

Players should remain on their feet.

Good point, which I am happy with. Roy Carroll is a calm influence at the back, defence again did very well.

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Defence solid but nothing to offer from midfield or up front. Looked static at times and offered no width. Not impressed by Jones or Ismail! Harrod made an instant impression and livened things up. Another disappointing home display.

i really dont know, i think oldham will be better than last season. if we dont attack in a way which will break them down, i see the game ending goalless.

i hate to quote myself but i told you.

looked threat less in the first half, no danger from us at all. second half better, i agree with joe but if we cannot play against sides like this it does make me wonder if the fans who are voicing concern are right.

no doubt we are happy with the point.

• Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

A point at home to Oldham is disappointing. We should be winning these type of games. That is all.

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Couldn't make it to the Lane today due to severe ear infection (hence me being quiet for the week!) but interested to hear views of those who did o to compare to Uncle Cols' comm. It sounded dreadful attacking wise again. Sound defense, but nothing at all going forward.

I hope you're back to full fitness soon @hissingdwarf.

Seems the defense is ok,now need midfield and attack sorting.

i hate to quote myself but i told you.

looked threat less in the first half, no danger from us at all. second half better, i agree with joe but if we cannot play against sides like this it does make me wonder if the fans who are voicing concern are right.

no doubt we are happy with the point.

There is nothing wrong with being defensive or even cautious but from what I saw against Leyton & from what i've heard / read about yesterday we are the most negative team most people have ever seen, I honestly cannot recall a home team parking 8 players 25 yards out and just whopping aimless long balls to someone who couldn't head a bus queue and pinning all of their hopes on the opposing team making a mistake and that we might have a player within the vicinity of the mistake and that is the whole purpose of the entire team. These hopeless tactics will get us hammered very soon as teams will just set up to play the entire game in our half, only four shots against any team in your own back yard is a joke, at least last season we made a genuine attempt to win the game

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Surely setting Danny Haynes for failure again though playing him on the wing?????

If he is ready play him up front as per his job description. If he fails repeatedly then ship him out. Genuinely feel for him if he has played himself back into the team during training to be shoved out of position!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,301
  • Days Won:  69

HOPE THE EAR INFECTION CLEARS QUICKLY,sorry didn't mean to shout.Seriously,get well soon @hissingdwarf,we're missing you and @tonyhateley is away on the Marie Celeste so the site is missing 2 star players.

The training this week will surely be a lot of hard work for the players.

We need to spot our way into games, this doesn't fall solely onto Derry or even Abbott but responsibility of the players too. Hollis looked very proud to be named captain, I think that's a great move by the club because he motivates and communicates with all the players. I'd like to see the midfield have a similar player, nobody seems to do this there and for me it's apart of the problem. We become so narrow, with players grouping up and that makes it harder to exploit any space.

The attacking in such games like Preston (first game) shown some great movement, I heard Port Vale was good. The players are getting used to each other, though I do feel we run out of ideas and result to lumping the ball forward.

I don't mind that as much, though as I said it frustrates me when we can bring the ball down and take out time.

I'd like to see more of both of our french lads, the one we signed earlier this season seems to be highly rated in france. I searched his name as I was hoping to write a better bio than the one I have, though I couldn't find any information. I just found two french football forums where they spoke very highly of him!

• Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I think we need to get a win and get 3 points to climb the table abit more, but a draw is still better than a loss.

There is nothing wrong with being defensive or even cautious but from what I saw against Leyton & from what i've heard / read about yesterday we are the most negative team most people have ever seen, I honestly cannot recall a home team parking 8 players 25 yards out and just whopping aimless long balls to someone who couldn't head a bus queue and pinning all of their hopes on the opposing team making a mistake and that we might have a player within the vicinity of the mistake and that is the whole purpose of the entire team. These hopeless tactics will get us hammered very soon as teams will just set up to play the entire game in our half, only four shots against any team in your own back yard is a joke, at least last season we made a genuine attempt to win the game

no not at all, i do feel it leads us to hoofing the ball though. i wished we could balance it out more, there is no need to be risky but when you rely so much on the defenders doing a good job, i do see it as a bad thing.

i am not a fan voicing negative concern, just wished for more open play.

i agree with you. :)

no not at all, i do feel it leads us to hoofing the ball though. i wished we could balance it out more, there is no need to be risky but when you rely so much on the defenders doing a good job, i do see it as a bad thing.

i am not a fan voicing negative concern, just wished for more open play.

i agree with you. :)

Whilst we are proving difficult to beat at the moment and this is certainly a MASSIVE change from last year we have no one from the current first choice 13 with any guile or invention & the only player i've seen in this squad capable of providing that ingenious spark is Balmy but he can't get a look in for whatever reason, also surely if we are going to be this defensively minded then Nicky Wroe needs to be playing to provide the type of balls that we need playing out of defensive situations if Jake "can't head a bus queue" Cassidy & Zeli "i like to go hiding" Ismail are playing

Archived