Notts County vs Accrington Stanley

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

So, it's the first round of the F.A Cup and for once we're the home team!

I have no idea whatsoever about Stanley, I really don't know much about them but I do expect a good game. One which I would be disappointed in seeing us lose, we need a solid performance and our fans to really impact the game. If we play like we can, I see no reason why we couldn't score a couple.

No disrespect to our opposition but any League Two team should be ours for the taking.

That said I am sure we all remember what happened when we met Rotherham at Meadow Lane a few seasons back, well before they gain promotion. I bet you do @BradtheMiller ;)

Score predictions? Thoughts?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

We shouldn't expect anything less than a win, at home against a side from a lower tier of football.

Now let's see all the banana skins appear. It will be tricky, Accrington are no mugs and have been playing quite well, sit mid table on 23 points.

Notable results, an away win 1-0 against the stigs, and only lost by the odd goal to Leeds in the League Cup. A mixed bag though, and just to contradict what I have just put, they have lost heavily, by 4 away at Shrewsbury.

Notts Win, 3-1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

We won't have to be too complacent against Accrington Stanley, not predicting a result though, cos I know it will come back to me. COYP!

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Accrington Stanley have improved immensely under John Coleman. When he came back to the club in September, they were 20th and looking like relegation candidates. They are now up to 12th and playing with confidence. They won't fear their trip to Meadow Lane. They had a goalkeeper from Fulham on loan but he went off injured last week so they may not have their first choice keeper available. 

Stanley don't score too many goals but they don't leave in many either. 

I'll go for 2-0 to Notts. Thompson with a brace. 

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

I feel that some might be underestimating them.

Remember this is the cup, being in league one does not give us a right. The same applies to the big boys looking down, hey many do we see falling to lower league sides or even non league.

I am quitely confident and for that reason I shall not be guessing the score but i think we will win.

I personally don't, elsewhere maybe.

The cup is a fantastic team for any football sides, I've been looking at the non league sides who are playing some good games and hoping they can make it through to the second round. I do think we'll be booking ourselves there, it's hard to see the squad not bouncing back because when we do have disappointment - under Shaun Derry it seems to be corrected.

Let's hope Accrington come and make some noise, so that we can get fully behind our lads.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

i hope fabian manages to keep a clean sheet, i feel sorry for him.

confidence must be all for keepers, his self belief needs to be restored and i will sing his name if he plays. i do not care if nobody joins me but i will make my voice known to him.

i think we will win 2-0. i hope they dont play that well!

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

The biggest enemy we face on Saturday is complacency, if the team run out thinking it's a foregone conclusion we will be in for a shock.

I somehow don't think Derry would allow that so for me it's a comfortable 2-0 win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@allardyces tash I am not underestimating Stanley at all, far from it. They have the ability to cause an upset here, I just think we are too strong, and we should be looking for, if not expecting a win from the match.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

The biggest enemy we face on Saturday is complacency, if the team run out thinking it's a foregone conclusion we will be in for a shock.

I somehow don't think Derry would allow that so for me it's a comfortable 2-0 win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we turn up on Saturday the biggest enemy we face will be the wind :lol:  :P

Agree with yourself and PTID though, Stanley are a decent side. They're used to being the underdogs, they are every week no matter who they face in league two if we're honest. Somehow though I don't think Derry will allow us to rest on our lorals, and I don't think this is the sort of team to do so. Derry by his own admission loves this competition, but he never really had much success in it as a player, so I'm sure he'll want to create some memories as a manager. Plus as was said on Matchtalk last week, a lot of our players are coming to the end of their careers - they won't get many more chances to have a crack at this competition.

Worth remembering - we have a former FA Cup winner between the sticks, and an FA Youth Cup winner in Alan Smith

Garry Jones compared the spirit of the Notts dressing to the one he had been in at Bradford previously.

There's a lot of luck which goes into winning games in the cup, though in truth if you take your chances you can win. We can go as far as the players are prepared to go, if they see games as being "easy" then they'll most likely turn out to be the hardest and visa versa the "tough" games can become easier. Look at Liverpool in the League Cup last season! We started off as to be expected, yet with each chance we got closer until we pretty much ran the show.

Liverpool was class that night, I read a lot of comments about them being poor (especially from their own fans) but for me we just matched them.

I am very much expecting Notts to come out with the attitude of being in complete control, if we are the first to each ball and play on the ground. I see us doing exactly that, now this wouldn't mean Accrington will be phased out of the game because I don't see that - they will have chances and we just need to make sure that they are not threats.

Roll on Sunday!

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

@allardyces tash I am not underestimating Stanley at all, far from it. They have the ability to cause an upset here, I just think we are too strong, and we should be looking for, if not expecting a win from the match.

We can expect the win, we still have to perform to level in order to do it.

I am always wary when fans label games as 'easy' or 'expected' wins, we should win the game but derry will need to have them treat the game just like every other match, the team need to be prepared because they are nobodies fools.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

It would be nice to have a good cup run.

@GrannyPie I am counting on a cup run, get a feeling of excitement spreading around Meadow Lane.

Restore this and we shall roll on with our season, Derry will get the lads playing correctly on Sunday and we will do well. I will be joining @liampie in singing 'em on and I hope all our fans do.

• Content Count:  908

They have thrown down the challenge to our own fans.

If they out sing us, there is every chance it could inspire a win. I think the lads will come out strong, perhaps a typical fa cup game where by it starts scrappy but lively. I am hoping for the opener to fall our way, as early as possible.

Supporter+

If we turn up on Saturday the biggest enemy we face will be the wind :lol:  :P

Lol, I'm not used to Sunday games. :doh:

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Should be quite an interesting game. I'd like to play a few other players and see if they can shine. Trizza sounds as if he deserves a place.

Notts 2-0

Harrod & Noble

I would be more than happy with a 1-0, 2-0 would be fantastic, getting into the bag for round 2 however it happens...

Can we order Stanley a dodgy lasagne or something before the game?

• Content Count:  486

We have to be confident of winning this game. If we return to our more solid & robust defending, Thompson is fit and we play Wroe then I'd for 2 or 3 nil. (Of course, as we often gift a goal away, it might be 3 - 1.)

:frantics: Match day is here, can't wait...  :hyper: GAME ON

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk_6wRbmwIQ

(other betting outlets are available)

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,301
  • Days Won:  69

Please make my weekend even better.Good luck Notts.

Supporter+

Looking forward to the match, it's a nice bright day I hope we get a decent crowd and a good match.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Sounds terrible so far.

The comment from Col saying he's seen better pre-season friendlies than this, really says something.

Come on Notts. Press and pass. Tempo up.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Another quote. Time to wake up for half time. Guaranteed to be better as it couldn't be worse!

there is going to be fireworks in the dressing room, that's for sure

Archived