Derry has money to spend

PTID1862

Supporter+

We need a striker....now where did I hear that before?

We need a striker....now where did I hear that before?

Disagree. We need to play two strikers as frontmen and actually pass to feet so they have a cat in hells chance of doing something with it. Harrod would score or set up lots if we played to his feet rather than pumping the ball in the air all the time.

Lets hope Jimmy Spencer comes back soon!

Not sure I'm happy with that being made public to be honest. Suddenly the pressure has been cranked up on derry, and the expectations are  slightly higher. We shouldn't try and run before we can walk. Let's just stay realistic here. Pre season we would all have taken a midtable finish after last season, and realistically we are punching above our weight in the play-offs.

Still in a great position. Think I read we're 16 points better off than we where a year ago. Obviously we're not perfect, but find me a team that is. Let's not go and spend money recklessly here...

@weymouthPIE I agree with those thoughts, but we could also add that it being out in the open should spur the players we already have.

Knowing the gaffer has money to go and potentially replace one of you.... you would think they would be playing out of their skins.

Think it was M Keown on BBC yesterday was saying how players at Arsenal back then, when Gilberto Silva was signed looked round the changing room thinking, oh hell who is going to be left out.

Supporter+

I thought I heard a rumour about Chris Dagnell, Leyton Orient striker, not long ago, anyone else heard this.

I think a lot of it depends on league position come the window.... if we are within touching distance of the play offs, then go for it... If not save the money for the summer when more become out of contract and players are cheaper anyway

i think come the time it needs to be spent, derry should revise a plan how it could be best used. i think we have enough strikers, another would say we dont fancy the others and i agree with people saying murray should be upfront.

if haynes was to exit the club, maybe it would be different.

id hate to see it spent quickly, i would love to see it used to give us a push towards maintaining a playoff place or near to it.

happy to accept mid table but hope we can push on.

Would it be worthwhile trying to reserve it for next year?

If we can maintain what we have been doing, I see no reason why we cannot have a proper crack at it in the next seasons campaign. I feel it could only end up being wasted on loan players, which we have enough of.

Archived