Which Team Would You Support

super_ram

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Which team would you support If there was no Notts County( or whichever team you support.) I guess Sadlad would choose Man U, judging by his posts and I think you can all guess who my team would be.What about the rest of you?

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Arsenal or for my sins *shivers* erm... Possibly a team could Derby County! though I see no fun in doing that, apart from the Forest rivalry. At least at Notts we have something to keep our world entertaining!

If not Arsenal, If not Derby... I wouldn't follow any.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I've not really thought about it and I hope it never happens but my alternative team would probably be Eastwood Town or Mansfield.

I've not really thought about it and I hope it never happens but my alternative team would probably be Eastwood Town or Mansfield.

Treason! Mansfield? I can't believe my eyes Tony!!

You have a point though, I should say it I know Gary Ricketts. So, Hucknall and Ilkeston Town would be fairer than Arsenal or Derby County. Alfreton would be a good call I'd like to watch them play sometime.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Much as it would be logical to support Forest, bearing in mind they'd be the only Nottingham team left and I live a short walk from the ground, I just couldn't do it. Probably Derby County to be honest. Couldn't we just start up AFC Notts in the Evostik Premier League or something AFC Wimbledon style? Or maybe Lincoln City.

Supporter+

Treason! Mansfield? I can't believe my eyes Tony!!

Lol, I've got nothing against Mansfield as long as they aren't beating us.

My team to hate is Fword, I could never support them.

Lol, I've got nothing against Mansfield as long as they aren't beating us.

My team to hate is Fword, I could never support them.

I'll let you off, I couldn't either. I'd hate to see our club merge with them like what was purposed awhile back!! *Cringe*

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

Local team to where I live is in the lower non league, so I would just support locally to be honest. I do not have any soft spots for any other team, so this is a difficult question. I would never support a rival!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

I'm not really sure who i would support, but it wouldn't be forest. My cousins are forest fans but i certainly am not.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i would take up another sport, no others for me.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I can think of a lot of teams I would NOT support, for various reasons.What reasons?Well It's a bit complex really.When I settle down to watch a match on TV  I'm usually  unbiased -until-A-the ref makes a dubious decision or B-Someone does a bad tackle (one which is obviously cynical and the ref misses or lets go).There are other things that come in to the equation though.like fans who act in a superior manner.What I mean by that is that I never took/take it for granted  that the Rams are going to win however inferior the opposition was/is but some fans infuriate me  by there attitude.Then of course there are the fans of certain teams that are doing well ,whilst your own team is struggling and delight in putting your team down.It's really great then(only human nature) to see that team beaten.It often comes down to local rivalry,so for me -well you all know which team I would NEVER ,EVER support.I have ,however been known to be sympathic to the clubs I dislike when A and B apply.(Not for long ,though)

Supporter+

It often comes down to local rivalry,so for me -well you all know which team I would NEVER ,EVER support.

That will be the same team that I will never ever support, I can't even bring myself to say the name so I use either Rushcliffe Rovers or Fword.  :lol: 

• 8 months later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  5

Man Utd will always be my 'armchair team' but I would have no desire to support them in person should Walsall lose their league status or fold. I would't bother with any W Mids league clubs either, I would probably support a local non-league team.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

For me, it would have to be Penrith AFC. I couldn't bring myself to support another league club. But I feel I could do a non league club such as they. In a former life I supported Keyworth United along with NCFC

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

for obviously reasons, it would be all over for me. I'd keep an eye out to make sure Rushcliff lost. and of course England would be #1 .

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

My dad is a Norwich fan, so I guess I would have to have gone with them.

Given the choice of a premier league team though I'd have to agree with @2piesonmyshirt and go with Everton 

Everton, Everton, Everton.....

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  79
  • Days Won:  0

Everton for me,for some reason I've always had a soft spot for them but whether I would make the trip to watch them I doubt. If I didn't lose all interest I would attend any of Derby,Leicester,Stags or Imps but realistically I think that I would give up attending.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

does anyone have a favourite team from abroad? mines JUVE! ;)

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

My favourite foreign teams are:

Dortmund, used to go and watch them while in Germany, was only stationed 30 mins away.

Juventus, for the obvious connection, plus I was there.

Zaragoza, used to sometimes see them if they were playing at home, whilst I was at the BP truckstop

I used to enjoy watching Ajax play.

Italian wise I like Juve (obviously) - Chievo - I used to manage them on Premier Manager and they had a good aging squad, which I liked to sign youngsters to blend in with.

I also like, Aberdeen and Partick Thisle.

• Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Lymm is approx half way between Liverpool and Manchester so support here appears to be split fairly evenly between Liverpool, Everton, United and City - based on seeing which fans turn out in the local pub when there's a game on the telly (Derby Days are usually quite interesting!)   

I've a soft spot for Everton and have been to Goodison a few times. I was also delighted when Citeh won the Premier League on the final day of the season, having witnessed the smug looks on the United fans faces in the pub just minutes before Aguero popped up with that late title clinching goal. Incredible scenes Geoff!  :)

There's appears to be a common theme developing here - ie. I usually go for the rivals of any team wearing red.

That said, if I was to ever 'support' another team it would be Altrincham - who wear red and white stripes - but only because they are 10 minutes down the road from my house, because I can stand on the terraces at Moss Lane like the good old days and I can grab a half time burger and a pint in less than 2 minutes.     

Archived