Pitches

jsrjay

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

In this day and age should professional clubs really have pitches like this. This is disgraceful and shocking.

This is a championship club who were not to long ago in the prem.

Ive seen Sunday league pitches better than this.

post-41-0-12788100-1423961158_thumb.png  

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

It is a bit of a joke and tbh they have probably let it get in that state to unsettle opposing teams.

Unfortunately it reminds me of Meadow Lane the last few years, on that note do Blackpool have egg chasers on their pitch?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

That is pretty awful and it must be a nightmare to play on for today's prima donna footballers but they used to play on pitches like that regularly in the old days. Baseball ground anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't think Blackpool do have a rugby club playing at their ground, I do know they had to let quite a few staff members go and perhaps this has reduced the amount of ground staff they have? If the reason of the pitch is financial, I do think it stops with the Football League and/or the F.A saying to clubs the standards needs to be improved.

That looks like a very, very low Non League side.

Even local Non League teams to where I live have better pitches, you should see Basford United's. They have a lovely pitch for their level, so really more should be done.

It's not like Blackpool don't have the money, yet certain people do seem to be getting paid silly sums.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

It happens, Doncaster's pitch a few years back replicated a sandbank. It looked pretty but it stopped the football from looking that.

Yeovil too, very poor pitch.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

dont the majority of pitches go like this when the winter months hit? do they have undersoil heating? seems a bit hard to judge them based on the standards of teams who do because ours in previous seasons looked poor.

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Awful though I'm sure there are no rules to police it. I'm sure they use it to their advantage. Feel for the away teams.

Haven't seen anything that bad in the last 5 years managing kids football!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Are Forest blaming the pitches these days? I thought they won Blackpool??

A lot of clubs at league 1 and 2 have grass issues at this stage. The top two leagues are pampered, nobody complained in the 70's or 80's.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Sheffield Wednesday's pitch is shocking as well. There should be a certain standard at Championship level.

• Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

Meadow Lanes pitch after a rugby match I think still looked better than that.

Yeah go back to the 60s 70s 80s every pitch looked like that. But I think in this day and age pro clubs shouldn't have pitches like this and players these days certainly aint use to playing on pitches like that.

The pitch yesterday did cost blackpool of 1 of there players and also cost forest 1 of there players.

Im sure I did read somewhere that the FA have told Blackpool to sort it out.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

That is pretty awful and it must be a nightmare to play on for today's prima donna footballers but they used to play on pitches like that regularly in the old days. Baseball ground anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baseball Ground,@tonyhateley?How dare you! I don't think it was as bad as Blackpool's,except when there'd been a lot of rain then it was even worse after about 10 minutes.Teams just got on with the game back then, after all it's the same for both sides and we often got the added bonus of the ref falling flat on his face.

Archived