Arnold Town Friendly

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

So, when I first logged in online the first thing which greeted me was Facebook informing me of another pre-season friendly. I thought it may be an home tie, however no, it's not. It's a tie with our former link-up side Arnold Town - where Notts had been using as a training base for both the first team and youth team.

I don't think it's a good idea, some of their players took the game way too seriously and of course it's where Jimmy became injured.

What do you folks think? Good idea? One off? Discuss...

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Pre season is a time to get the fans behind the club, to excite them and potentially attract more supporters to purchase season tickets whilst they can. A good set of fixtures generates interest in the club, it gets people optimistic and along with the season launch, you get fans who buy into the club but I am afraid I am not one of those. I think the fixtures a dire and soulless.

I bet this was one of the first to agreed, yet it is the last to keep fans from overreacting.

Huge mistake to re play Arnold.  

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

I dont like how we play so many clubs beneath our level, I dont find it inspiring at all.

The club showcased some top clubs a few years back, i accept this cannot always happen but at least we should be playing some championship teams. Not the side which injured one of our most key players.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I hope there will be no ill feeling left over from last season, I'm not really interested that much in pre season friendlies the results mean nothing, although obviously the games are important to the club and the players in the build up to the real thing.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

I still don't think their new ground is all that easy for fans to get to.

Seems a trek for fans in cars, unless they live local to the area, not the best friendly IMO.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

You find form by playing better players, as it builds up confidence having played well against Real Madrid, rather than Halifax Town.

Playing non league teams is a good way to generate interest, there's no denying that but returning to teams like Arnold when we could be playing teams like Hucknall Town or teams whereby I know for a fact we have a large representation of fans would be more exciting. I thinks it's just a shame that we return to a club that took a friendly way too seriously and ended up injuring a player quite seriously.

For me it doesn't breed confidence.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

not pleased, we have enough away games as it is. we need the players to also settle on the meadow lane pitch! why are we not playing at home at all???

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

A difficult one tbh. Eagle Valley is now part and parcel of Notts. Makes sense really, but after the debacle of last year I'm not impressed, but i'd hope their players have been told to watch every step they take (but then again what is the point then of playing them if they are going to fairy around?!)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I agree with @tonyhateley,@liampie and @hissingdwarf.Alfreton Town  away seems OK but need home games too

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

For a club at our level friendlies are decided based on the cashback.

Meadow Lane has a new pitch so they'll be holding off as long as possible on home games

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  0

For a club at our level friendlies are decided based on the cashback.

Meadow Lane has a new pitch so they'll be holding off as long as possible on home games

Regards Al

You Pies!

We do this each year, the friendlies aren't acceptable but as fans we will have yo accept it. I bet once the grass as grown, no home games are announced.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

I was not too pleased myself when I noticed it, after last season we should not do them any favours and no I dont blame them for being relegated but what happened to Jimmy was not acceptable. Considering how we are helping them, it was not right and for us to go back in one way it says the air is clear but in another it puts the fear of god into fans.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Nothing wrong with playing them, provided their manager and players behave themselves.

Archived