Men's v Ladies attendances

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

With the men's team in the basement division and the ladies team seemingly doing very well coupled with cheaper admission to watch them, I wouldn't be surprised to see the ladies getting more attend some of their matches than the men get in some of theirs.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I don't think so, at least not this season. I expect Notts will be challenging for promotion all season long, indeed I think winning the league is a strong possibility. That should lead to better attendances. As for the women, there should be an increase on the back of England's success, but it will take longer to build regular decent attendances.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

The women average around 1000, so I can't see it myself. A play-off push would see us on the sunny side of 5000.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Notts average attendance last season was 5000+.If Notts serve up attractive,attacking football week in,week out  and are at the right end of the table then  I would expect attendances to improve dramatically to say 7,8,or even 10,000

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

at this level we will not see 10k... I would say that our best hope in league two would be 7-8000 ...

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There's no vs, I don't think many will actually think things like that.

It's interesting as a point to discuss but I wouldn't suspect to see many exiting the men's game for the ladies, I think more will just end up being combined fans of Notts as a brand rather than choosing between the two. Even at League Two the standard of football is actually very high and although the ladies game is improving all the time, a lot of games can be quite slow.

I think if Notts do well from the start this season, fans will return and if the ladies win the F.A cup - It will just filter the two nicely together.

No doubt in my mind that the ladies will be very successful at Meadow Lane, we are already seeing the transition paying off and it's just a moment of when the ladies game lifts off more, in terms of TV rights. I am lead to believe you only win £600,000 for winning the ladies World Cup, which highlights the prices and development required to go further, as the F.A Cup is rumoured to be much lower and that's why this recent investment into the sponsorship is massive for the women's game.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Don't see it. People want to go and watch as high as standard of football as possible, the Ladies game just isn't good enough to attract those crowds. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i support the lady team but i have to admit, i am not as interested as the mens but i still wish them well. for me theres no contest but the ladies game is always developing, as is the mens tbf.

• Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  0

Notts average attendance last season was 5000+.If Notts serve up attractive,attacking football week in,week out  and are at the right end of the table then  I would expect attendances to improve dramatically to say 7,8,or even 10,000

That would be great, but I can't see 10,000. Maybe if we go up and put a strong challenge next season, maybe then we'd see 10,000.

I think Notts will have to be a high end Championship side before we get 10k regularly

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Notts ladies won't appeal more over the men, there needs to be a lot of reform and development to the WSL. It's still much higher standard here and until England compete more directly, the women's game will only suffer. That said, I can see them attracting the highest attendances whilst they play at Meadow Lane.

• Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

I embrace the ladies but I would never switch allegiances to them only, no matter how low we go.

Notts are my club, men and women.

I think the big thing for me about the ladies team, is the whole family ethos surrounding the club. They may broaden our appeal.

Archived