Nottinghamshire PCSO's

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Around 70 Nottinghamshire Police Community Support Officers jobs are threatened in cutbacks proposed by the Council, their union is circulating a petition and asking people to sign it and pledge to pay an extra £5 on their council tax.

What do you think, do PCSO's do a good job? Should we pay an extra £5 a year to keep the 70 at threat?

Give us your thoughts.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Just as the politics on the board were beginning to die down a little @tonyhateley goes and mentions another tory cut to local budgets - not front line though according to Theresa May. Not sure what the front line definition is though if it is not these.

The local budgets have been cut to such a point now that most services are just not bleeding they are haemorrhaging! 

Supporter+

Just as the politics on the board were beginning to die down a little @tonyhateley goes and mentions another tory cut to local budgets - not front line though according to Theresa May. Not sure what the front line definition is though if it is not these.

The local budgets have been cut to such a point now that most services are just not bleeding they are haemorrhaging! 

<<SNIGGER>>

I just love to get you and @PTID1862 at each other's throats. :devil:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I am ok thanks... self policing community... with the assistant chief constable and two firearms officers living locally....no cuts required

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It would increase more with time, which would be silly, they barely have the powers to make any difference now and until they gain more ability to control situations I deem them to a waste of time.

I have seen many doing the jobs of 'traffic wardens', which I feel is completely against the purpose of having them.

Also, teens don't respect them and many, many times have I seen things which a normal officer would have arrested then for doing but a PCSO just calls for back up, which often the teens seem to see as a 'chase' me type situation. Where I live has more PCSO's than we do actual officers on the 'Beat Team' and although, some are quite down to earth. I find them to be completely not useful, although I think the same about the actual officers of my area.

I wouldn't pay it.

• Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

I fail to see changes with having PCSO's and I would not back giving the local council the extra five pounds.

I would if it was to see more police officers on duty with powers.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Can all families afford to pay an additional £5 to their council tax, some families are already being hit hard because of financial hardships. The council should look for alternative ways of raising the money require in my opinion.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

should they not just volunteer to make a difference? if they actually wanted to progress as a police officer or as a community person, this would make more sense.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I would hope people turn this down, everyone will want it increased to help them if people are flexible with it.

• Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

I can't say for sure if its worth it, they do seem pretty useless though.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

An excellent response from one and all. IMO, the money if raised, should put officers on the ground, not PCSO's who are nothing more than glorified traffic wardens.

I said something very similiar to Paddy Tipping when I spoke to him a fortnight ago that however much of an issue the cuts bring, PCSO's were never the answer and the only way to win back public confidence and opinion is to employ more fully trained police officers who are beat  based.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@hissingdwarf Yet, areas vastly need to improve their standards because officers who are supposed 'trained' still make real bad errors, a lot cannot be bothered to deal any form of crime and there's no compassion shown.

Just the "I know better than you" approach.

Which clearly, isn't the case.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

IMO PCSO's are a waste of space and totally useless.You may as well talk to a brick wall as to one of them for what use they are.

Supporter+

An excellent response from one and all. IMO, the money if raised, should put officers on the ground, not PCSO's who are nothing more than glorified traffic wardens.

I said something very similiar to Paddy Tipping when I spoke to him a fortnight ago that however much of an issue the cuts bring, PCSO's were never the answer and the only way to win back public confidence and opinion is to employ more fully trained police officers who are beat  based.

The thing is if the Council can't afford PCSO's they aint going to be able to afford more fully trained officers on the beat! That would mean even more on the council tax.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

The solution.... less councillors

Oh yeah and all you Nottinghamshire toerags behave yourselfs. He he he

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Move to Derbyshire [emoji3]

Oh yeah they've just shut our Cop Shop [emoji52]

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

@Captain Sticky What did you do in order for that to happen?

I have no idea what a PCSO is, so I cannot comment but the police in the states have a lot more demand, yet somehow they manage.

Supporter+

@Captain Sticky What did you do in order for that to happen?

I have no idea what a PCSO is, so I cannot comment but the police in the states have a lot more demand, yet somehow they manage.

A PCSO is a Police Community Support Officer they don't have the same powers as a policeman, they wear uniforms and patrol the community dealing with anti social behaviour etc releasing the police to deal with more serious crime.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

A PCSO is a Police Community Support Officer they don't have the same powers as a policeman, they wear uniforms and patrol the community dealing with anti social behaviour etc releasing the police to deal with more serious crime.

No @tonyhateley,they walk around in pairs talking to each other and ignoring what's going on around them.

Archived